Options

Epic moment event

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
Has there been an epic moment event yet? Is there ever an announcement for this, or do we just have to check the moments each day and wait to be surprised?
"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Comments

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    Wait and be surprised
  • Options
    @2003cobra what are epic moments, anyways? I've never seen one before 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,094 Posts
    There hasn't been one in 19 yet.  It's just another way to collect players.  They give you 3 moments from that players career that you gotta collect, and when you get all three, you get the player.  It's gotta be done in a certain amount of time though.  They only had maybe 4 last year.  Didn't seem like many.
    Just no.  
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    There were a few last year.  Maybe 5?  I got prime Stanton and prime Kimbrel that way in August or September.  I promptly traded Stanton in for pxp, but Kimbrel stayed in my bullpen the rest of the year...
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    There have been 2 in 19 already. Very early on, Cain and I cant recall the other player. They removed the moments because of a glitch in the app.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Interesting, so another chance at speciality players. I'd like to actually see this now. 
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Interesting, so another chance at speciality players. I'd like to actually see this now. 
    Gotta be better odds than Son of a Boxes
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    Those boxes have been very, very good to me 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Same here @Bigpredfan, I've received everything from that box besides Rodriguez. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,094 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    Most definitely was, at least from my experience of opening those boxes for Joc x20 lol
    Just no.  
  • Options
    Cooz19 said:
    Those boxes have been very, very good to me 
    I bought like six, got another two free from the fan rewards and another seven from the daily rewards. Joc six times, 500 xp nine times. So about 11k xp for 2,500 gold, which is the worst return I could have gotten on the investment. The 500 gold box wasn't any better for me, but at least Tatis sucks donkey balls. Can’t win ‘em all, I suppose. 
  • Options
    me0wme0w Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    I was wondering if they’d be doing this sometime soon. I thought in 18 they did it a bunch 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    @Cooz19 there should have been 12 free boxes for the weekend, unless you didn't sign in one of the days. 
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
     It started strong in 18, but the players were non-factors after a while.
  • Options
    @Tdub71 sounds like free bxp to me 😁 better than $2k or a lovely franchise coin from the regular moments 😏
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Same here @Bigpredfan, I've received everything from that box besides Rodriguez. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    So good. 

• Options
    @retirepujols Yeah I mixed something up. Maybe I missed a day or didn't record the results yesterday. I wasn't on much all day. Either way, I have six Jocs and one Tatis and I've opened at least 20 boxes this weekend. 
  • Options
    @Cooz19 the amount of Jocs has been a bit much, at least he's worth more xp than just receiving xp