What approach is more efficient?

newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
hey all, I am wondering what is more rewarding, having a plat/diamond club  that is in tough or damn near impossible brackets for events but get the good cvc match  rewards or a reset bronze club that we should dominate events but shit cvc rewards?  
  We put up millions daily now in platinum club and struggle to finish top 25.  Even with 100 mil we are only 32nd now.  
  So basically I’m just looking for people who has done this comparison to give thier thought/opinion on this
Prev1

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    What are your cvc rewards looking like at platinum? For the gold club I'm in the rewards this weekend are 840bxp, 3 improve boxes for highround, and 2 son of a boxes for mvp. The ranking rewards aren't much to speak of outside of top 5 clubs. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Platinum is 1k xp.  High-round and MVP are the same.
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    The hs and mvp are not the same as gold.  I will post it in a moment.  Also you can see it if you tap the info button in cvc rewards section
    Interesting, seems like that's not much of an improvement. I'd love to have some members of bronze and silver clubs share what their rewards are, because if it's just smaller amounts of bxp then it would seem to make sense to reset clubs from time to time. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

I stand corrected. After receiving everything besides Rodriguez from the son of a boxes, I wouldn't mind those monster may boxes from platinum. Of course that pxp from diamond has caught my eye 😂
    Yea cvc reward are the reason I run a platinum club( working on diamond).  So here is the issue though, we usually only finish top 25-50 most events with 25-300 mil points.  So is a top 5-10 finish each event better then cvc rewards???
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I truly don’t understand what is the issue.  Unless your club can be a top 5 or even 10 in cvc then the daily rewards are trinkets.  Simply look at daily event top 3 rewards, are you getting more than that from cvc??  Guessing not even close, so why wouldn’t you reset?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    newfy said:
    The hs and mvp are not the same as gold.  I will post it in a moment.  Also you can see it if you tap the info button in cvc rewards section
    Sorry.  I wasn't paying close enough attention.  I just remembered 2 boxes for mvp.  I am not collecting high-round or MVP this week, since I already landed the one player I was chasing.
    @newfy if you think your club can get top 5, then the rewards would probably be better for your club as a whole, yes. 
    That’s what I don’t know, what is top 5 points in bronze clubs and silver clubs??   Anyone in these clubs can show some shots of top ranks?
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @newfy if your serious about winning top prizes you should have multiple clubs in rotation. When your constantly using the same club over and over you get grouped with similar clubs and probably with some of the top clubs in the game. 
    So here is shots of current event prizes and top 10 clubs in my bracket. 

Is the rewards the same for bronze clubs as well?   And what are those top clubs putting up for points?    This is what I’m after here with this trend!!   
    @newfy yeah all rewards are equally across club levels, bronze, silver, gold etc. And my thoughts exactly your grouped with the big spenders of the game.
    I know you're not asking for gold, but here it is anyways. 
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    edited June 2019
    You probably aren’t going to get into a good bracket in your club right now. Easiest way to get a top 5 is be in a solo club, which usually groups you with other solo club players. My iPad team pulled every player from the sons boxes from cvc/free boxes and I’m sitting in 3rd with a comfortable lead ahead of 4th
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Y’all do know clubs aren’t grouped based on the level of the club right?
    How are they grouped, @Bigpredfan?
    How are they grouped, @Bigpredfan?
    I believe the biggest factor is club history. Your club history in terms of points gives Glu an idea of how to group your club. It’s why so many bronze clubs do great day 1, then it gets harder 
    Not sure why my club, who's never finished top 10, keeps getting thrown to the lions then 😂 I'm assuming a popular tactic would be constantly creating a new club 🤔 
    Actually I disagree @CanadaCubs.  A top 5 club is simply a club that finishes in top 5 daily.  Only thing you prove by being in a club that scores the most on this app is that you enjoy spending money or can hack.

Smart man gets the biggest return on the smallest investment, not vice versa
    - Blueleopard
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I see the top clubs as the ones that you hope you don’t get bracketed with in Royale after the multipliers come out....there are true “top clubs” that dominate daily in all events INCLUDING CVC and Clash, are full of sick players that spend thousands (not figuratively) and are just awesome.  

That said, via resets, lower club overall strength including solo or near solo clubs, it is possible to trick your way into easy brackets that can be winnable spending next to nothing.  This can be done consistently over time and an impressive track record can be established.  It doesn’t make you a top club;  you’re just clever.  Look up the reigning VIP dominator of the moment Xcovex and look at his team and club.  That is top level.  
    whynot said:
    Actually I disagree @CanadaCubs.  A top 5 club is simply a club that finishes in top 5 daily.  Only thing you prove by being in a club that scores the most on this app is that you enjoy spending money or can hack.

A top 5 club finishes top 5 in cvc where all clubs are in the same grouping. Not top 5 when the big boys are in a different group 
    Yeah...you can’t say you’re a top 5 club if you’re a reset club. There’s dozens  of weak brackets for that. There’s literally only 5 real top clubs...and that comes with a requirement to pay to play. 

whynot said:

A top 5 club finishes top 5 in cvc where all clubs are in the same grouping. Not top 5 when the big boys are in a different group 
    My response was to the above quote and cvc is not mentioned.  

Everyone has a different outlook, points vs rewards.  My view is it is a phone game and I find no glory in saying I touch my phone more than others and spend more money.  I would much rather receive the same rewards for a lower time and monetary investment, but to each his own.
    - Blueleopard
    I have always played in a club, usually full, but i am thinking about going out on my own.  At least for a while.  I enjoy being in a club with the chatter, and teamwork, etc.  The problem is that I end up being one of only a couple teams that carry everyone else.  It gets tiresome.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    We blend both.....we usually stick together full event for Royale and WOH, split off into our own clubs for CvC but come back to contribute to the main club for those who do not jump.  Weekends is a revolving door for the same.  Event rewards pale to CvC rewards if you win nearly every matchup....but the camaraderie is essential and we maintain a loos enstructure of a team for that as well as a chat spot in LINE.  

so can anyone tell me some tricks or details on the reset club thing ?    I tried it on Monday with new club. We had 7/20 members in n club.  Monday we finished 6th with 180 mil.  Had a couple tough clubs but was a reasonable bracket.   I kept club running for Tuesday and got paired in bracket with cheap trash, alliance, and some more of those TRUE top ten clubs.  No chance for us at top 10.   
     So what are factors that determine your bracket exactly?    Can someone give some insight on things you have learned about this?    Thanks
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I think how well the club did in the previous event has a factor in the bracket you get put in, but glu was never transparent about it, at least with me. I’d suggest reset on mon/wed so you get cvc rewards in main club
    Starting a new club every event is what reset clubs do. @newfy