Pennant Team Bonus

TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
Where or when does the pennant team bonus come into play? Does it work in WoH or in CVC if not, is it that important to have on your players? 

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    They are supposed to apply to all game modes, at all times, but I have never seen a noticable difference.  I still do it, because I play season mode consistently, but it is anybody's guess if they actually help.
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    @CanadaCubs sounds like a quote off of “Angels in the Outfield” lol. Great movie growing up.
  • effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Such an awesome movie 😁 I'd put sandlot at 1, and Angels in the outfield might be number 2 for me (as far as baseball movies go).
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I agree with Sandlot at #1 but I am still partial to Field of Dreams and Eight Men Out, even though John Cusack is barely believable as any kind of athlete...
    What about rookie of the year? I always wished I could throw 100 mph as a 11 year old. Lol 

Bull Durham is also a favorite. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Little big league was always a favorite of mine as well 
    TBWepa said:
    What about rookie of the year? I always wished I could throw 100 mph as a 11 year old. Lol 

“Did he just say funkybuttlovin?”
    Major league has to be up there right?

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Major league is definitely up there. I haven't seen field of dreams since I was a kid, and I hated it, so I'd have to give it another shot.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @effschmoo2 you are right, Major League was a great movie as well. There are too many out there that are also good. The Rookie, Little Big League, Mr Baseball, Mr 3000, 61.
    (Bad News Bears was more of a comedy same for Benchwarmers, didn’t hit me with the baseball feel.)
    Ahhh... Bull Durham.  Costner's rant about what he believes is.  One of the greatest speeches ever.
    edited June 2019
    Costner’s a weird dude. Lol, did you hear the story about Costner banging Cal Ripken’s Jr’s wife?
    TBWepa said:
    Costner’s a weird dude. Lol, did you hear the story about Costner banging Cal Ripken’s Jr’s wife?
    Maybe if he took a day off once in a while his old lady wouldn’t be banging Crash Davis. 
    No.  But he's Kevin Costner.  There was about a 20-year stretch when he could bang pretty much any woman on the planet.
    @Tdub71 don’t disagree there. But he should have made a movie about it. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    TBWepa said:

“Did he just say funkybuttlovin?”
    Major league has to be up there right?

The fact this conversation even was five comments deep before Major League was mentioned only proves you all aren't ready to have it. 

Major League, A League of Their Own, Sandlot, Bad News Bears, The Natural, Bull Durham. 
    Jeez, I hope it was before.  Those movies were awful...
    Or maybe it was after, and she banged him out of pity over the lousy career turn.

In case any of you were wondering on on the bonus. This is the reply I got. Kinda does seem like you have to believe hard enough in it for it to work. Lol 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’m not a believer 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited June 2019
    2003cobra said:
    I’m not a believer 
    I don't understand why. If I go up a pennant level for one of my Red Sox players, he goes from 24 to 25. Since 25 is more than 24, there is an improvement there! 🙄
  • KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    I personally have never seen any difference in game play. Only in team strength 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Purely cosmetic