Which version of Meadows do you want?

ProfNinjaDaddyProfNinjaDaddy Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
Yesterday Glu had a “glitch” in which for about an hour there was a 350 version of Meadows that replaced the 340 max version. If Glu could “make this right” in your eyes, which version of the Meadows offered would you rather roster?

Which version of Meadows do you want? 62 votes

340 max - Double WoH Skill
41%
scottpdannItsouttahere2Wicked0WildcatsHaraycarayjamikl42SuperKingOfPaisasdontgomatt_sackettbigvivecJEDDDOGGYReadingFightingPhilsBobbyFlayBigHurtnavyjack77BizertodustyhunksblueprintsUltimateWarriorCanadaCubssarge268 26 votes
350 max - Late Inning/RISP Skills
58%
MattattackGrippy5DFBBDantemavericksfahhq2gdc23tocopan18ZaneJ78XWizardxslafrance2KevoTheGiantbarnstormbombersPunkers777midgetmulletwoohoo77ProfNinjaDaddyJahCoozieJCAM80COWPILEYPhillyPhan87 36 votes
Prev13

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    To me this is tough, I love the double woh skill, but I feel double late innings is the same. So for 10 pt higher overall I'd go with late innings.
  • ProfNinjaDaddyProfNinjaDaddy Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    For me, the double WoH skill is great for Monday’s and Wednesday’s but does me no good for the other 5 days of the week. Instead, the double WoH version will sit in my inactives most of the time. The 350 Late Inning/RISP would easily make my starting lineup and play in every event.

For Comparison

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Happy with the 340 version.  Neither would make my roster outside WOH so having a good utility player for the lower to mid level slots in WOH is a great freebie.  
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Happy with the 340 version.  Neither would make my roster outside WOH so having a good utility player for the lower to mid level slots in WOH is a great freebie.  
    Risp/late inning is a good woh skill-set, too.  Late innings is always active, and risp is active more often than not.  Plus those are active in all formats, not just event-specific.
    If GLU does want to "make it right", they could go with the 350 version, and make skills double late inning.  That will help pretty much everyone.  I get it's a lot to ask, but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take...
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    350 version. For me it’s a no brainer. Late inning and RISP are still very useful for WOH, and won’t be useless the rest of the week. Just my opinion, but give me the better overall guy who won’t become obsolete (quite) as fast. 
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    ^^^ but apparently I accidentally clicked the 340 one (fat finger problems) 
    For those using him as a finisher in woh, the double who skill is awesome, but double late inning is just as useful, and active in all events except CVC.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    For my team, the 350 max late innings/risp is significantly better than the 340 double woh version because he wouldn't be my 'finisher.'
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Voted 350 version. That one would be more useful for bonus/prime/cvc games and not just used for situational WoH. I don't see him staying in my lineup long with 340 skills version.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    bigvivec said:
    Risp/late inning is a good woh skill-set, too.  Late innings is always active, and risp is active more often than not.  Plus those are active in all formats, not just event-specific.
    Double woh meadows isndoubke sided.  I used him today against several LHPs with success.  Because of that he is a huge WOH asset.  The 350 version doesn’t make my lineup so for me use in other game modes isn’t important.  In the end I only build for WOH anyway and pretty much let the chips fall for other events.  
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I was taken back at first but thought about it and would have preferred the 350 max.  In diamond my cvc just isnt very good and he would have really helped out there
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Obviously 350 > 340. Double WOH is nice, but I'd prefer Late and RISP since he isn't my finisher. Currently my best outfielder which is kinda nuts.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
    My point is that at 350 he would start for me in all formats.  Likely the same for most teams without primes there.  At 340, Twins box Buxton is better, because he has at least one non-event-specific skill.  Don't get me wrong.  He is still big for me in woh, but I have Bell, Segura, and Ohtanisan for the last 3, so he is #4 or 5 for me.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    The ten overall points better is enough for me, not to mention the fact that late innings is always active for walk off hero, and risp is active quite frequently, espescially in the earlier rounds. He's not going to be a finisher for most guys with a 340 max, so the 350 with better skills is much more valuable to me.
  • XWizardxXWizardx Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    350 all the way with +11 power boost and skills active in events other than just WOH.

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I would appreciate the 350 Meadows.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    I actually preferred the late inning risp better for more game modes
    It’s not like he’s gonna be anyone’s 5.10 guy anyways we all have much better players at this point anyway.
  • spoomanspooman Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    Right now I'm keeping both, and switch as I need them. Because of the Allstar rewards my bench is very very deep.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    It’s not like he’s gonna be anyone’s 5.10 guy anyways we all have much better players at this point anyway.
    He actually is my 5.10 guy. Name a non PXP player that isn’t a keeper that is better. I don’t have any keepers.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    He actually is my 5.10 guy. Name a non PXP player that isn’t a keeper that is better. I don’t have any keepers.
    That Andrelton Simmons is better, ML is better,  potm are better. 
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    One skilled POTM? @BlackFang4
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I liked the 350 version better.  I'd be able to use him across all events and not just WoH.
    Just no.  
     I understand the woh skill is awesome, but why would you not want a player that has the same hit rating, and more power, with comparable skills.  I get the risp is not ALWAYS active for woh, but it is active 75% or better, and useful in other formats.
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    You're obviously not Diamond. 
    Well for starters your created legend. Considering power is increasingly more important in woh now I would argue hot shot Dietrich is better considering you’ll need more than two hits to win. Why no primes? Everyone at this point should have 4-5 primes.
    BigHurt said:
    You're obviously not Diamond. 
    True. I’m not diamond. That’s quite a bit more resources than I want to spend. I like being able to cap my players immediately yet still putting up competitive scores in cvc.