Why we should all stop playing this game

alexpok24alexpok24 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
There’s no point in playing anymore unless you have loads of money. The boxes are giving us no bonus players after we spend $10-$50 on the mystery box. “VIP” is a joke. Even when I just spent $10 on the special it didn’t even give me my two free box’s. We spend hours just watching videos to get nothing in return. Players keep getting better so your current players are no use if you want to be competitive. Customer service is a joke. Glu stock will soon go way down and I cannot wait. 

Comments

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Not everyone is born to accept the spiritual powers of a bright and full VIP relationship. It's not for those who need it, it's for those who want it. Those who lack faith, and strength, will falter. We pray for those poor souls, who know neither victory nor defeat. 
  • alexpok24alexpok24 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    About the same as giving money to the church lol
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    alexpok24 said:
    There’s no point in playing anymore unless you have loads of money. The boxes are giving us no bonus players after we spend $10-$50 on the mystery box. “VIP” is a joke. Even when I just spent $10 on the special it didn’t even give me my two free box’s. We spend hours just watching videos to get nothing in return. Players keep getting better so your current players are no use if you want to be competitive. Customer service is a joke. Glu stock will soon go way down and I cannot wait. 
    Well get used to waiting buddy. 
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I disagree. I spend very little on this game and have a lot of fun playing it. My team improves slower than the spenders but that is OK. To me, the fun is building the roster. I love that I have beaten Walk-off Hero every week since @DFBB explained how to do it. Mondays and Wednesdays used to be the shittiest days of the week, now I can play WoH. I love interacting with my club. Hell, it's worth it for the Balsamic Vinnegraite post alone. I love reading @Houmy and @Bigpredfan posts. Even though I don't post a ton, lurking on the forums is always entertaining. I do think the options to enjoy it are to spend a lot or spend very little. I can see how moderate spenders would get frustrated. I'll stop when it is no longer fun to play. That hasn't happened in 4 seasons for me. 
  • alexpok24alexpok24 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    How can you be competitive? I’ve spent $20 and I’m only 76k power. There are hundreds of teams with over 100k. Please tell me how without spending
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited June 2019

😂 😂 😂 
    I love that I have beaten Walk-off Hero every week since @DFBB explained how to do it. 
    Wait, what?!? Care to share that? 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    I love that I have beaten Walk-off Hero every week since @DFBB explained how to do it. 
    Get at me when you have 1000 coins.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I feel one issue is some small and moderate spenders think they should be able to compete at the same level as high rollers. That’s not how it works and would be a horrible business model for Glu if they allowed that to happen.
    I disagree. I spend very little on this game and have a lot of fun playing it. My team improves slower than the spenders but that is OK. To me, the fun is building the roster. I love that I have beaten Walk-off Hero every week since @DFBB explained how to do it. Mondays and Wednesdays used to be the shittiest days of the week, now I can play WoH. I love interacting with my club. Hell, it's worth it for the Balsamic Vinnegraite post alone. I love reading @Houmy and @Bigpredfan posts. Even though I don't post a ton, lurking on the forums is always entertaining. I do think the options to enjoy it are to spend a lot or spend very little. I can see how moderate spenders would get frustrated. I'll stop when it is no longer fun to play. That hasn't happened in 4 seasons for me. 
    Appreciate it @scottpdann. This is my 4th version to play (2016-2019) and I must say experience really comes into play. I’ve learned every year and improved every year. I’m still learning from fine folks like @DFBB @dkarski87 @Houmy and even learning from @bigvivec (at least learning how to laugh from him). I haven’t spent any money in 3-4 weeks and am still thriving. 
    alexpok24 said:
    How can you be competitive? I’ve spent $20 and I’m only 76k power. There are hundreds of teams with over 100k. Please tell me how without spending
    My goal is to be distracted and have fun. I feel competitive when I win most of my games. When I win season playoffs, when I cycle WoH, etc. I enjoy watching my Tribe more, because I have learned a little more about the opposing players, despite the fact that Glu isn't always on top of which players have which talent. e.g. Gary Sanchez with speed. 
    alexpok24 said:
    My goal is to be distracted and have fun. I feel competitive when I win most of my games. When I win season playoffs, when I cycle WoH, etc. I enjoy watching my Tribe more, because I have learned a little more about the opposing players, despite the fact that Glu isn't always on top of which players have which talent. e.g. Gary Sanchez with speed. 
    So he doesn’t really steal this many bases? 

• Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I don't have loads of money and still enjoy the game. I buy a stadium every year and that's it. If you invest heavily in a mobile, yearly recycled game, you're likely going to get frustrated.

It's an app, if you don't enjoy it, find another app that you would. 

If you're actually watching the ads, you're doing it wrong. I click that crap while at work as the phone is just sitting on the desk and I'm doing my job. Other employees are candy crushing and bubble witching their breaks away.

The boxes are no different than buying packs of sports cards or scratch tickets. Sometimes you get packs of commons, sometimes you hit a Mike Trout autograph.

People get to angry at something that is meant to be just a simple, entertaining, time killer. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Many people here have proven you dont need to be a spender to have an amazing team. If you dont like it, stop playing and try Golf Clash. I have had nothing but great CS when dealing with reps, kind and respectful and they usually fix my issue. When i see people posting SS of them yelling and cussing at CS, what do you expect? If I was on the other end I would tell them to %@& off as well.
    Simply put, you dont need to be a spender to build a great team, you need to be smart about how to build it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Cooz19 said:
    Read through this post. The pitchers have changed a little, but the framework still holds up. This is the WoH bible.
    Cooz19 said:
    Read through this post. The pitchers have changed a little, but the framework still holds up. This is the WoH bible.

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    My suggestion for guys who are frustrated is to club hop.  I have been playing this game since it’s inception, when you had the option of a 3 inning game (anyone else remember the quick game?), and I still love it.  The key is to learn shortcuts and you won’t do that by staying in a mediocre club, of course if your club finishes strong stay there.  Even if you just hop in random clubs after event and read their chat, you would be surprised what you can learn.  My club doesn’t spend much, yet I can’t remember the last time we weren’t first or second.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    alexpok24 said:
    I guess it comes down to how you're defining "competitive." I'm like 65k, I haven't spent anything, I'm not great at the game, but I enjoy the process of roster improvement. I play videos while working. I sometimes get good players from boxes I buy with the gold I get from videos. My team wins nine of 10 in bonus and prime on autoplay, and I'll keep getting better in woh. I enjoy it. If you don't, that's totally cool, but you don't have to be among the 10 best players in the game to keep moving forward and enjoying it. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Team strength does not indicate much. One does not need a 6 figure TS to cycle WoH, score a billion points in Prime or put together a 50+ streak. Teams regularly lose to much weaker teams depending many factors. Pick a mode-I suggest WoH, and build your team from rewards rather than spending or buying boxes.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    @alexpok24 just stop paying, and keep playing.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71