WOH HOF advice

ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
I cannot beat Paxton at 6.9 to save my life. No matter who I try. I don't even get fastballs its all curve balls. Any advice would be appreciated.
Need more Living Legends!
Prev1

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Who are you using vs Paxton? If you're not getting enough fastballs and there's a decent sample size, it just means that you need to upgrade/change your batter.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts

These are who I have been using. I cant seem to make solid contact at all.
    edited June 2019
    It's a bit blurry, but you're in platinum? If so, I don't think it's reasonable to expect success with a g10 bat vs a P1 Paxton.

edit: I'm a dummy. Hmm. That Betts should have decent success vs Paxton. Are your hitting upgrades at lvl 60? I always make sure to prioritize the four major WoH team upgrades.
    I'm a gold team. Yes batting is at 60. Maybe I need to use the 80 gold boost. I have only been doing HOF with the live boost. I can get all the way the Paxton at 6.9 no issues. That when I lose everytime. Cant even score more than one run on him. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Boost 80g then.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Most guys use the 80g boost vs Paxton and it looks like it's something you should try too.
    Worth a shot. I figured it would be ok with just live boost but I guess not.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Are there RISP against Paxton on 6.9? Otherwise you only have 1 active skill...
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

Are there RISP against Paxton on 6.9? Otherwise you only have 1 active skill...
    It starts with a runner on second I believe so RISP should be active at the start
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Paying for gold boost and the gold restarts (not the video restarts)appears to trigger something in the RNG
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @ZaneJ78 even with a live boost I go still add a 80 boost just to be on the save side. From my experience playing him I always let his 1st fast ball go by b/c it goes super slow and the 2nd one is usually faster. That helps me not sure for others, but you can give it a try
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    If your struggling, dont be cheap and spend the 80g on the last 3 guys. Beats paying 360g for a restart if you lose. Even with the live boost I will pay the 40g on 8 and 9 and my top guys have their skills are 9 each so my boost is pretty decent. I always boost 80g on 6-10 and usually never lose with Meadows.  If you dont want to pay then it sometimes is a struggle and just leads to more frustration. Pay the gold, get better FBs and slay it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    If your struggling, dont be cheap and spend the 80g on the last 3 guys. Beats paying 360g for a restart if you lose. Even with the live boost I will pay the 40g on 8 and 9 and my top guys have their skills are 9 each so my boost is pretty decent. I always boost 80g on 6-10 and usually never lose with Meadows.  If you dont want to pay then it sometimes is a struggle and just leads to more frustration. Pay the gold, get better FBs and slay it.

Thanks. I can get to 6.9 with live boost without spending gold. I will try using 80g boost next Monday and see what happens.
    ZaneJ78 said:
    dkarski87 said:

Thanks. I can get to 6.9 with live boost without spending gold. I will try using 80g boost next Monday and see what happens.
    You can definitely beat it for free, but imo, it's much more valuable to multi cycle than to just beat it once or twice. For example, I beat HoF for free twice last week. However, when I attempt to cycle cap, I won't hesistate to boost 80g at both 6.9 and 6.10. 
    I can cycle all other modes but haven't captured the elusive HOF yet. I think I can get it next week. I will focus mostly on that. 80g is a small price to pay to cycle.
  • KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    I use Keeper Molitor. He’s only slightly better than your Betts. However, I switch my team throughout the day on mondays for multiple live boosts. Yes, you do forfeit season rewards, but I feel as tho the rewards from cycling HOF outweigh the evo you receive from season mode. I am also of the belief that pennants are strictly cosmetic as I have zero rays pennants yet I never have to boost meadows at 6.10 and I have yet to even play it twice in the same round. The only ppl I have to replay are Paxton and Rich Hill.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Kevo....the evo hunters are calling!
  • KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Kevo....the evo hunters are calling!
    Where Dey at doe?
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    This is a question for DTI/WOH cycles in gold. How feasible is it to beat DTI /HOF WOH in gold with only bxp max 350 (Tommy lastella, hunter pence) and 360 keepers (Mantle and Will Clark). I'm thinking of going to gold but won't be able to cap my primes. Right now in silver DTI/HOF woh is doable since I have prime otani and freeman to close 6.9 and 6.10 and live boost. Just wondering if I should wait until prime xp is more abundant. 
    If you have Your two keepers capped, Lastella and Pence, you will be able to get through DTI with little to no gold spent. I usually beat DTI and cycle with Babe Ruth and Prime Adenado but I have used other Rightys in the past that we’re much lower.  Here’s a shot of my roster a month ago @Punkers777
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I usually don’t have much time on mondays but it looks like I could do it with this squad. Thoughts anyone?
    I hope your not serious lol @2003cobra. You should walk through classic in 15min and be able to get through DTI with no trouble.
    Well today is the day boys.. Thanks for all the advice.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Good luck!!! It’s definitely an accomplishment in this game
    Plus having him will help
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I hope your not serious lol @2003cobra. You should walk through classic in 15min and be able to get through DTI with no trouble.
    Unfortunately I am serious. I usually work 2-11 on mondays but am on vacation. Woh all day today
    Gl today guys! If the shoe fits(hof reward is nice), then I'll be joining y'all!
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Anyone got a link or want to share the latest hof L, R chart