Which version of Meadows do you want?

Comments

• PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    350 max - Late Inning/RISP Skills
    It’s not like he’s gonna be anyone’s 5.10 guy anyways we all have much better players at this point anyway.
    He actually is my 5.10 guy. Name a non PXP player that isn’t a keeper that is better. I don’t have any keepers.
    Well for starters your created legend. Considering power is increasingly more important in woh now I would argue hot shot Dietrich is better considering you’ll need more than two hits to win. Why no primes? Everyone at this point should have 4-5 primes.
    Really? 4-5 primes? I make a point to finish a classic cycle every week and I have 1 prime (Segura). I am a VIP but I have been very careful about spending this year. Still in Gold.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • ProfNinjaDaddyProfNinjaDaddy Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    @GluAdmin - your forum is speaking. Any chance we can get a retroactive “fix”? 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @KevoTheGiant You must have better luck than I do... I have 2 primes not 4-5. 

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    340 max - Double WoH Skill
    It’s not like he’s gonna be anyone’s 5.10 guy anyways we all have much better players at this point anyway.
    He actually is my 5.10 guy. Name a non PXP player that isn’t a keeper that is better. I don’t have any keepers.
    Well for starters your created legend. Considering power is increasingly more important in woh now I would argue hot shot Dietrich is better considering you’ll need more than two hits to win. Why no primes? Everyone at this point should have 4-5 primes.
    I have 4 primes but not enough resources to get them to Plat 10. 
    That Andrelton Simmons is better, ML is better,  potm are better. 
    I am in Platinum and getting My Legend to Plat 10 is not worth the XP when my Plat 10 Meadows can beat 5.10 with no issues. I’m not putting the resources to get a rental player to Plat 10. Yes, they could be better, but both Meadows’ skills are active during 5.10.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I have 3 primes.  There are a couple teams in my club that have been crazy lucky with box pulls, so 4-5 is certainly not out of the question.  
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019
    KevoTheGiant said:
    True. I’m not diamond. That’s quite a bit more resources than I want to spend. I like being able to cap my players immediately yet still putting up competitive scores in cvc.

I am diamond. I have 740,000 XP and 5,000 Evo. I have a bunch of capped players (mostly from cycle-leveling during WOH event). Also, my CvC scores are pretty good too. You just gotta know how to work the system. Right now Prime XP is really the main issue at diamond.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Still looking for my first prime. Gonna go gold soon and use the PxP on skills if I don’t pull one by the end of the current season. 
  • KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    @KevoTheGiant You must have better luck than I do... I have 2 primes not 4-5. 

I haven’t pulled a single one from a box it’s all been HOF WOH. I have ppl in my club that have pulled primes from classic boxes and gift boxes. I spent 50 bucks chasing bell and I won mvp in every cvc which was another 20 boxes no dice.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Here is my take on the issue. 

I like both versions. My current 5-10 guy is a POTM that will drop in 2 weeks and it’s nice to have him maxed at 340 with both WOH skills at 8. 

The issue for me was the switching, not the new player. If you had told me at the beginning of the day he was 350 with late innings and RISP, I would have taken it and made the RISP skill at 4. Don’t switch it up after people have invested in the skills, because not all skills get the same treatment. 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    KevoTheGiant said:
    True. I’m not diamond. That’s quite a bit more resources than I want to spend. I like being able to cap my players immediately yet still putting up competitive scores in cvc.

I am diamond. I have 740,000 XP and 5,000 Evo. I have a bunch of capped players (mostly from cycle-leveling during WOH event). Also, my CvC scores are pretty good too. You just gotta know how to work the system. Right now Prime XP is really the main issue at diamond.
    Yeah I have a hard enough time getting evo even at gold man. 
    I am in Platinum and getting My Legend to Plat 10 is not worth the XP when my Plat 10 Meadows can beat 5.10 with no issues. I’m not putting the resources to get a rental player to Plat 10. Yes, they could be better, but both Meadows’ skills are active during 5.10.
    I used to think that about taking mine to gold 10. However once they are capped they are capped forever unless you move up to diamond. I was thrilled when they increased the max and BOOM I instantly had a switch hitter with. 241 hit rating at gold. Same with keeper Hosmer/Molitor 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    KevoTheGiant said:

Evo gets easier to get at diamond. 
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    KevoTheGiant said:

Evo gets easier to get at diamond. 
    I’m a sucker for evo might have to start stacking resources and make the jump!
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    These two could make an argument.
    I agree that LaStella would be the one to go against RHPs.
    edited June 2019
    I agree that LaStella would be the one to go against RHPs.
    Lost once in 9 cycles to Lester. Beat him with a video replay.  He’s the real deal both sides of the plate.  

Better than I thought he would be in prime games.  
  • Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    I've got 5 primes, just lacking resources to move them up to be competitive. 400 a pop out each box takes a awhile
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I know the event-based skills are dicey but the ROI from WoH alone with 100% all-times active skills is the decider for me. I care less and less for any other event outside of WoH anyway so there's that.

He's not 5.10 yet as I still use Prime Meadows even at G7 as I have his skills boosted to pxp and WoH Meadows only to first evo. But auto-played Triggs and Baez every cycle Monday with him w/o any additional boost. Nice to have that assurance.
    Wonder if they will have a player or a box today....wonder if it will be hard like last week.   Chomping at the bit.......
    bigvivec said:
    Wonder if they will have a player or a box today....wonder if it will be hard like last week.   Chomping at the bit.......
    There's a lot riding on today for me. Brought some sluggers to gold but didn't cap or add any XP. If WoH is worth it I will focus building that resource pool first part of day and then cycle slugfest and start throwing xp at a couple of them. Otherwise it will be a slow grind to hopefully cycle SF multiple times for resources. No idea what to expect with G5 ML and G1 sluggers......
    bigvivec said:
    There's a lot riding on today for me. Brought some sluggers to gold but didn't cap or add any XP. If WoH is worth it I will focus building that resource pool first part of day and then cycle slugfest and start throwing xp at a couple of them. Otherwise it will be a slow grind to hopefully cycle SF multiple times for resources. No idea what to expect with G5 ML and G1 sluggers......
    Well........

Here’s to hoping your day is more like this:

Than like this....

Which guy should be better for 5.10? 
    @navyjack77 I would use Meadows. Higher hit, lefty v righty matchup and boosted for both skills 100% of time.

• lqtmlqtm Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Here is my take on the issue. 

I like both versions. My current 5-10 guy is a POTM that will drop in 2 weeks and it’s nice to have him maxed at 340 with both WOH skills at 8. 

The issue for me was the switching, not the new player. If you had told me at the beginning of the day he was 350 with late innings and RISP, I would have taken it and made the RISP skill at 4. Don’t switch it up after people have invested in the skills, because not all skills get the same treatment. 

Totally agree here. I personally like the 350 max RISP/Late innings Meadows, but a case could be made for either one. It all depends on which games you enjoy the most or plan to use them for. I like to play all of the game types, so the one-trick pony Meadows with a lower max doesn’t interest me as much as the other one. But I can certainly see the case for the Double-WoH Meadows.

Like Bigpredfan, my big issue is the fact that Meadows was changed while he’s already on rosters. Unless it’s a change that’s going to be universally accepted as an upgrade, changing a player after teams dump resources into him is beyond dumb. It’s a terrible business strategy, as you’re frustrating roughly half (give or take) of your consumers for something that is/was very, very preventable and fixable. Granted, it’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things (both versions of Meadows is a great player imo), but how the whole thing played out is just mind-boggling. They release Double-WoH Meadows, then change him to RISP/Late innings Meadows a few hours later, then change him back a few hours after that… I don’t know who is in charge of make these decisions, but they clearly didn’t think it through.

If the whole thing was just one big mistake and Meadows was supposed to be the Double-WoH 340 max player the whole time, so be it. But again, it’s a simple fix. Put a news bulletin out apologizing for the mistake, and throw out some bxp/blue cash as a gift to appease the consumers that dumped resources into a Meadows they thought was going to stay RISP/Late innings Meadows. Simple as that. Instead they just try to pretend the whole thing never happened and just blow off the tickets that get put in.

• midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    I had a hard time beating 5.7 to 5.10 without capping them in gold. Trout at 5.10 routinely goes 10 for 10 and outhits you even when you are capped in gold. Good luck today. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Lots of great arguments being made here. Truly a discussion of the finest minds this game, and indeed, this forum, have to offer.

I'd dance a fuckin jig and sprint down the street with nothing but an oven mitt over my junk if I got either one of them, and I'd even remove the oven mitt if you asked me to do so.