Comments

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Not that I’m going to get there...got Baez wired into the double play today
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Not liking Sale today...
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    yeah, Sale is also giving me a hard time today
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Are you guys running your best lefty at 5.10 or 5.7, and best righty at 5.9 or 5.8?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Sale the damn snail. 
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Got through level 5 but had to manually play from 5.4 on.  I didn't use any gold or need a restart.

I used these guys
    5.7: Meadows (not prime)
    5.8: Legend
    5.9: Mays
    5.10: Ichiro

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019
    From 5.6 on it's pretty difficult (for me in Diamond, at least).

I'm using
    5.6 - 325 Ichiro w/ bases loaded & vs R
    5.7 - 340 Chavis w/ woh & vs R
    5.8 - 330 Cruz w/ woh
    5.9 - 380 Bell w/ double late innings*
    5.10 - 340 Meadows w/ double WOH

Using 80g boosts on 5.9 and 5.10

*Bell is only diamond 5 so Meadows is my better closer for now.

• ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    I made it thru 2 times already. Sale is by far the most difficult. No video restart or gold used so far.
    Need more Living Legends!
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Seems like sometimes Sale just gives up the ghost and others.....not happening. Like I don't decide my own fate on 5.9.
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts

Best closer in the game imo. Dude smashes righties every time.

Need more Living Legends!
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    What is that max, 350?
    DFBB said:
    I cant believe  how good Arrieta is. A 355 max righty with his ratings weighted on 'stuff?' Amazing!

Edit: it's either 350 or 355; simmons was a 95 at b1 with a 350 max; Corbin was a 96 at b1 with a 350 max.
    Tdub71 said:
    I think it's going to be 350, but he probably slots in at #2 for me either way, just behind keeper Whitey Ford.
    He’s 350 max.

RHP Shane Greene is at 5-6 and the rest have been posted in here already.

I had the same difficulty autoplaying starting at 5-4, so I just played manually from there.  Vasquez was shaky, and Sale threw a lot of breaking stuff and changes, but the rest of them weren’t bad.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    After getting shut out last week I’ve managed to get two cycles in having my live boost and a huge Diamond 10 Meadows to combat Arrieta.  Should I get through again I’ll have a full diamond starting rotation and possibly later a season mode stopper too to improve on my woeful 10-30 record lol.

I haven't gotten past Sale (using prime Vlad Jr. at g8 with 80g boost). I'm going to try Buxton, who has 2 points lower for hit but has a woh skill. If I still can't get by him, I may just have to sit the rest of the out (or at least until tonight to get the live boost).
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Any Silver level peeps able to cycle? Feels like I'm unaware it's impossible to beat before Gold. 
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @Cooz19 it’s possible just takes more patience 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I have cycled a few times this year.  Last Wednesday has actually been the easiest for me, so far.  I got stuck at 5.6 for a while, but finished easily when I got the live boost in the evening.
    I am still silver, btw.
    Anyone getting boned on vid restarts where vid is unavailble NOT due to vid quota? Happened to me Monday as well. Refuse to pay gold so I back out and play a vid to test and that works fine. Vid boost leading up to that round worked as well. Had to restart at 5.9 couple times because of it.
    Silver and can’t get past Sale. Now going back to the bad old days....didn’t get one pitch to hit from Hicks. 
    Just noticed when playing against the Pirates Vazquez that it really is Josh Bell at first on defense. Cool. 

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    ☝🏼Believe it or not, but it’s really Willie Stargell with dreads! 😎
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Anyone getting boned on vid restarts where vid is unavailble NOT due to vid quota? Happened to me Monday as well. Refuse to pay gold so I back out and play a vid to test and that works fine. Vid boost leading up to that round worked as well. Had to restart at 5.9 couple times because of it.
    I just have the problem of anytime I try to play a video anywhere in the game, whether it be for gold or a restart, that my app just crashes.  It's been happening since June 2nd.  Support didn't really offer much help.
    Just no.  
    Finally got it done but whew !! That was tough. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I guess I needed the 2x WoH Meadows more than I realized. I made the decision to use Ichiro at 5.8 and Meadows at 5.10 and it has been a game changer. Using just a video boost(and live boost active), Meadows is currently 11 for 12 vs Arrieta!!!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • sugarshortssugarshorts Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    Have 2 teams.  Both just went gold. Have 2 hitters max gold.  The team 15k worse cycled first try. Stronger team will get no fast balls from sale and Arrieta
  • frickinsaintfrickinsaint Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Can anyone post the pitchers handedness for level 4 & 5 please and thanks?
    @dfbb how does one get past Sale? 😭
    Beats me.  He is killing me.
    Can anyone post the pitchers handedness for level 4 & 5 please and thanks?
    lvl4: RRRLRRRRLL
    lvl5: RRRRLRRLLR
    DFBB said:
    I guess I needed the 2x WoH Meadows more than I realized. I made the decision to use Ichiro at 5.8 and Meadows at 5.10 and it has been a game changer. Using just a video boost(and live boost active), Meadows is currently 11 for 12 vs Arrieta!!!

How much gold have you spent to do so?