Walk Off Hero Difficulty

BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
In my opinion, Walk off Hero has been too easy for the last few weeks. Many of my club mates and co-workers agree that the difficulty should be kicked up a notch. However, I feel that the difficulty was cranked up a little too much today. I feel as if Glu should either change the pitchers from 5.6 -5.10 to what they are, or the situation, but not both. Going from a 3.5 star garbage pitcher while down 2 with 2 on to a 5 star specialty pitcher with no men on while down 3 is a little bit harsh of a change in one week. I hope that Glu retains the pitchers, seeing as many diamond players were destroying woh because there were no diamond pitchers to hinder them. However, I think Glu should wait two weeks before implementing the change in situations. I think to do this all in one go is too much of a change, and I think Glu should more gradually adjust us to the more difficult situations.
Prev1

Comments

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    In my opinion, Walk off Hero has been too easy for the last few weeks. Many of my club mates and co-workers agree that the difficulty should be kicked up a notch.
    Here's a notch you and your clubmates and co-workers can roll up real tight and cram, bud. 
  • effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    This is my first platinum walk off and I didn’t really know what to expect. I have 4 hitters (2 left, 2 right) capped at plat 10 and everybody else at gold 10. Got through my first 5 cycles without any gold boost or restarts. Then the gravy train flew off the tracks and it took me about 2 hours to get through level 5 again. I noticed nuno started the day as a gold pitcher and at some point got bumped up to plat. Hopefully they find a happy medium for the rest of the day. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Increase in difficulty not validated as reward to cycle is garbage 🗑. Sad really because I enjoy woh but I see absolutely no reason to sink resources into cycling for garbage pitcher that gets 8k a k and won’t make my team. Glu your incompetence grows weekly it’s almost entertaining. Cheers 🍻 
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    While I have noticed the increase of difficulty, it’s still can be beaten. Utilize those Live boost and spend a little gold to get through. To me this year has been far better than having to deal with the unhittable Diaz and Nola from 18.
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Monday has stayed the same so 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    ground out to first, ground out to pitcher, walk, pop up to center field 🤬
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Not easy but not impossible.  I spent on a couple gold boosts 1st time thru and that was it.  IMO this is what All Star should be;  harder than classic with a player rated at the current leading edge for bxp players. (350max ATM) but still beatable.
    Increase in difficulty not validated as reward to cycle is garbage 🗑. Sad really because I enjoy woh but I see absolutely no reason to sink resources into cycling for garbage pitcher that gets 8k a k and won’t make my team. Glu your incompetence grows weekly it’s almost entertaining. Cheers 🍻 
    How is a 350max two relevant skilled pitcher on bxp garbage for anybody at this point in the game is what I’m trying to understand.  
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    ground out to first, ground out to pitcher, walk, pop up to center field 🤬
    That’s because of his skills it’s sad to say. My 340 max Cain is better against Sale than this guy with Cain’s skills he becomes better (LHP and RISP). 

Cain at gold 10 with live boost and 21% boost plus 8% for LHP and 4% for RISP comes out to 311 overall. 299 without the RISP active. 
    edited June 2019
    @Bigpredfan I just tried max 340 Buxton with a woh skill and did BETTER, but still no dice. At least with Buxton I was able to get the wimpiest and cheapest little singles ever. Going to try Buxton out a few more times before I dig a hole to burn my phone in. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Levels 1 thru 4 I autoplay til the cows come home; no restarts, no boosts except vid at 4.10. Always crush. Level 5 is a special kind middle finger though, for certain. Always costs some coin to be the penitent man.
    bigvivec said:
    How is a 350max two relevant skilled pitcher on bxp garbage for anybody at this point in the game is what I’m trying to understand.  
    I have five prime SP’s what would I do with 350 bxp SP? 🤣 
    edited June 2019
    bigvivec said:
    Well....
    1. You have an unusually good pitching  staff

2.  What in the heck do you realistically expect for a Royale prize .....do you expect a player on the same level as your pitchers on Wed?!?!   We just had a potm....this is a big step in the right direction I think everyone but you would agree.
    5 prime sp's? Smoking rotation right there! I have ONE prime sp right now, and he's an inactive about be dumped just because I can't see myself spending pxp on a pitcher until later in the year 🤷🏻‍♂️
    bigvivec said:
    bigvivec said:
    Well....
    1. You have an unusually good pitching  staff

2.  What in the heck do you realistically expect for a Royale prize .....do you expect a player on the same level as your pitchers on Wed?!?!   We just had a potm....this is a big step in the right direction I think everyone but you would agree.
    Sorry 😐 🥺 I don’t mean to be disagreeable. I guess I’m the unfortunate one with a all prime pitching staff. But even if I didn’t have all prime SP’s I don’t know if I would level a 350 as i have a few 340’s already leveled ina. Also I’m sure we will see 360 bxp pitchers soon. And.... he’s only 8k a k pretty crappy bonus player for cycling imo should be at least 20k but of course if they made him a 20k per k glu would sell less boxes. I would level him up and use him for 20k per k..Anyway... step in the right direction? Sure... baby steps 👍🏻
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Greene is breaking my silver plastic bats ;-)
    Strausburg, berrios, Ryu, Rodriguez, Buehler. All prime 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I’ve had no problems with cycling at silver, whether it’s classic or hof. But I do have an all prime squad and skills all at least 8, I only bother with a boost on the last guy.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Nice ! Still looking for my first prime but can usually squeak thru on classic and Wednesdays. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    What is the progression again?
    Bronze - pool noodle
    Silver - nerf bat
    Gold - wood bat
    Platinum - aluminum bat
    Diamond - demarini triple-wall
    Is that right?
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Nevermind 
    Tdub71 said:
    What is the progression again?
    Bronze - pool noodle
    Silver - nerf bat
    Gold - wood bat
    Platinum - aluminum bat
    Diamond - demarini triple-wall
    Is that right?
    Diamond also has a juiced ball sometimes 
    whammo911 said:
    I’ve had no problems with cycling at silver, whether it’s classic or hof. But I do have an all prime squad and skills all at least 8, I only bother with a boost on the last guy.
    I don't know if it comes down to the stuff you're saying or something else more conspiratorial, but I have witnessed some shit with both 5.9 and 5.10 that severely reduces my chances at getting a hit or even making contact at times. I have consistently been playing down at least one out multiple rounds with these non-strike strikes. It's pretty easy like you describe even through 5.6 to 5.8, can do it without any boost through there and no restarts. But Sale and 5.10 have been straight nonsense what seems like 90% of the time. I'm not talking rubber bat stuff here. I just get garbage to hit most of the time*.

*until I rub some coins together
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I was using chavis against Vazquez, arenado vs sale, and ohatani vs arietta if that helps. For whatever reason when I have live boost or use a video boost I feel like my odds go down so I stopped wasting time with it, but if I have gold I will use the 80 g boost on the last guy which seems pretty automatic..I also take some pitches right down the middle if there slow, I’ve noticed that sequence where they hang the curve if you don’t smash it u get the pitch down the middle next which I always take since I seem to hit into a double play...seems like they calmed down on the I in hittable curves and replaced it with slow wobbly pitches down the middle that cause week contact or double plays.
  • spoomanspooman Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    WOH was to me the same, no problem crushing all levels with POTW Blackmon. It is way easier then last year, no way near the amount curve balls. Opposite field is your best hitting strategy. On level 5 if you can spend 4.99 for club hitting boost way cheaper then using gold. 
    spooman said:
    WOH was to me the same, no problem crushing all levels with POTW Blackmon. It is way easier then last year, no way near the amount curve balls. Opposite field is your best hitting strategy. On level 5 if you can spend 4.99 for club hitting boost way cheaper then using gold. 
    We don’t speak of Diaz’s curves 
    In my opinion, Walk off Hero has been too easy for the last few weeks. Many of my club mates and co-workers agree that the difficulty should be kicked up a notch. However, I feel that the difficulty was cranked up a little too much today. I feel as if Glu should either change the pitchers from 5.6 -5.10 to what they are, or the situation, but not both. Going from a 3.5 star garbage pitcher while down 2 with 2 on to a 5 star specialty pitcher with no men on while down 3 is a little bit harsh of a change in one week. I hope that Glu retains the pitchers, seeing as many diamond players were destroying woh because there were no diamond pitchers to hinder them. However, I think Glu should wait two weeks before implementing the change in situations. I think to do this all in one go is too much of a change, and I think Glu should more gradually adjust us to the more difficult situations.
    Can I point out something here?

This message board often devolves into what seems like something just shy of a commiseration crying corner.  So many have complaints about this and that, and sometimes are angry and sometimes just need to be heard.....commonly sentiment is that generally we are NOT heard and our complaints fall on deaf ears.   

That said, this forum in part serves as a sounding board to sort out complaints that if acted on could have positive effects on gameplay as well as for a bit of commiseration which is all a part of good camaraderie.

To the point.....apparently we ARE heard on a regular basis here as this week’s Royale prize was markedly better than any before.  I would jus t lie to point this out:   I believe that GLU not only follow the forum looking for constructive criticisms, but they also take note of when everyone BOASTS ABOUT HOW EASY WOH WAS, HOW MANY TIMES THEY CYCLED, etc etc etc.   

Be cool fellas....Monday bragging brings Wednesday tears.   
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Wow , a 350 max with 2 skills won’t make your roster?   Aside from keeper , there’s not much (or none) above 350 max released besides primes.   He actually makes ACE for me and I’m quite happy with him as a reward!!  

But maybe a box with him him would be reasonable with the amped up difficulty?
    whammo911 said:
    I was using chavis against Vazquez, arenado vs sale, and ohatani vs arietta if that helps. For whatever reason when I have live boost or use a video boost I feel like my odds go down so I stopped wasting time with it, but if I have gold I will use the 80 g boost on the last guy which seems pretty automatic..I also take some pitches right down the middle if there slow, I’ve noticed that sequence where they hang the curve if you don’t smash it u get the pitch down the middle next which I always take since I seem to hit into a double play...seems like they calmed down on the I in hittable curves and replaced it with slow wobbly pitches down the middle that cause week contact or double plays.
    This is what I mean but I'm unsure if it's my lack of capped HoF Edgar w/double lhp skill to take on Sale (I alternate between PoTM Chavis as highest hit RH'er and Pence) or WoH related upgrades at 55/60 that's getting me the rounds I see, but I certainly am fed more balls than strikes at 5.9 and 5.10 on Wednesday*. I mean, they're called strikes but they just simply are not in the zone. I'm also using Prime Meadows at G7 for 5.10. Could be his lack of cap'ness too, who knows but same story as Sale.

*until the beast is fed gold then it's groove city
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    It took me all day to get through it yesterday. I did have something to do last night, so i didn’t play from 5 until about 10. But I had already gone to 5.9 by that point. It took me the entire 2 hours to finish. I beat Arieta right as the event ended. I still go the reward, but not the club points. This is the highest level of WOH I have ever beaten. I’m a Silver team now and working my way up. But for me, the difficulty borders on just right to a little hard. Clearly I was able to see it’s possible, but most times I struggle and can’t beat level 5.