Can we get a new cvc box?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
This is at least, the third time that the prime time box(with Trout) has been in CvC. Some variety please!
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Wasn't it previously Seager and Yelich?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Wasn't it previously Seager and Yelich?
    That was a diff box I believe.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Good pxp source. I like it!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    CVC scores should be off the chain with all the guranteed bonus point boxes available today. Good gravy
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I know, right?  Seems excessive, but what you gonna do, NOT buy one?
    I took 1 shot at Muncy (250), then decided not to chase.  Bell will be useless in 10 days, and Muncy would only play for me for bonus points, so I think I will just have to be disciplined, and hold off from here.
    I am with you @Tdub71. One shot at Muncy, the only one who would continue to improve my squad after today/POTM wears off and done.  

edited June 2019
    I have Monster Bell and Prime Ohtani at 1B/DH, so Muncy doesn't even make my actives after today.  Probably not even worth the 250, since I am getting crushed in bonus games lately.

Edit: if he had a good skill, I might take a couple more shots, but I have been winning less than 50% of my bonus games at silver, and almost never by enough to activate that skill...
    I don't mind the CVC box, but at least change up the players.  That Trout is trade-in for me, and I would probably trade the Yelich, too.  I need to stock up some pxp for the move to gold, soy primes are actually useful immediately.
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Do I have boxes missing from my store? I see no prime time cvc boxes for sale in the store. 
  • Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    The primetime box is for platinum and diamond club CVC rewards for MVP
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Ah, my club is still only gold, still a ways away from Platinum. Too bad as it seems those club levels are ideal for acquiring prime xp.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I'm lucky enough to have Trout from last month (or April - cant remember)  when he was released in the weekend box - has been a nice source of bxp for me - I think I have hit him 4 times or more this last few weeks. But a new set of players would be nice - no question 
    What I like least about the reward is that Trout is available for 250 gold right now in a box. What incentive is that to "boost" a cvc round or gold continue it.Just my two pennies worth. Back to my little middle level tier corner. 
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    What I like least about the reward is that Trout is available for 250 gold right now in a box. What incentive is that to "boost" a cvc round or gold continue it.Just my two pennies worth. Back to my little middle level tier corner. 
    Plus he's an 8% pull in cvc box vs 15% odds on the hot start to hit SE Player
    edited June 2019
    I don't know, aren't people wanting former bonus players to resurface again and retain some value? This is what that looks like. :# It's been happening every week for the last 4 or 5 weeks.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I don't know, aren't people wanting former bonus players to resurface again and retain some value? This is what that looks like. :# It's been happening every week for the last 4 or 5 weeks.
    I’ve noticed only he batters are bonus players again. 
  • KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    They definitely should change the box. Keep the pxp change the players. I have pulled trout multiple times and traded him in. If I were to pull Yelich I would probably do the same. I’m still working on Soto, Freeman, and Gallo I just barely finished meadows. At this point we have all star boxes coming out soon perhaps 425 primes like last year.
    That's not completely true.  Cubs box Hendricks popped up again a few weeks ago.  I think there have only been a couple more, though.  Definitely batters much more often.  I do like it, it rewards those that don't auto-dump a mid-level box player for xp.  

That being said, I am about to be in serious need of of xp, when I move to gold, so I am probably going to clear the bench in the next few days...
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Tdub71 said:
    That's not completely true.  Cubs box Hendricks popped up again a few weeks ago.  I think there have only been a couple more, though.  Definitely batters much more often.  I do like it, it rewards those that don't auto-dump a mid-level box player for xp.  

That being said, I am about to be in serious need of of xp, when I move to gold, so I am probably going to clear the bench in the next few days...
    The last 2 weeks they brought back the Braves Box and the Hot Start box. Both times I’ve had pitchers and both times they haven’t been used. Meh. I’m still having a great day today 
    I don't recall the Cubs box coming back and was expecting it as I have Baez and Rizzo (doubt he will be bonus). Waiting on Rays box too from around the same time. I keep all skilled players and am still using many 325 max players. I doubt I would put resources towards any new pulled from CvC and certainly wouldn't buy a box but on days that I normally wouldn't play I would reconsider for sure if I already had one of them capped.
    They didn't bring back the whole Cubs box, just Hendricks, and maybe Darvish.  Worked for me, as I had him stashed in inactives.  I. Still sitting on call-ups Kelly, Thornton, Tucker, and Kieboom for the same reason.  Kieboom panned out well on Monday.
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    I like them resurfacing for events myself. The half off boxes are great for new players or fans who missed out 4-8 weeks ago.
    I'm just not a fan of this particular way of stuffing old players into cvc odds boxes as the reward.
  • tdh23tdh23 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    Has anyone pulled Yelich?
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Here’s the issue as I see it......

Teams who would like more recycled players for bonuses and available in cheap boxes aren’t winning CvC.......players who win CvC don’t want the players in the recycled box or already have them.  
    I like the idea of that box.  Even the odds aren't bad.  The problem is that the players have been the same in every release of the box.  There have been plenty of relevant players with CVC skill released.  Just change up the players each box release.  
    @Tdub71 As I said earlier, double late Seager was available at some point w/Yelich. Started when that box was available in store first I believe. I still use him every WoH event particularly against Floro. I'm always gunning for pxp in those boxes anyway.
    @dustyhunks, I remember that now.  Thanks for reminding me.