SORRY BUT THIS GAME IS A SCAM.

bigjleebigjlee Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
edited June 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Taking the same code and modifying it throwing a 19 on it and then throwing away all of your progress you spent your money is just a messed up business model.  These game makers are just some greedy bastards.  I know the response will be well then don't play.  I won't but I felt it a public service announcement to let anyone thinking of spending money on this type of scam.
Prev1

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    You've just described Madden. And NBA 2k. And call of duty. And...
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • bigjleebigjlee Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Do you pay for in game upgrades in those games and lose them?  I can see if you paid for the game once every year but to pay to build up characters or players and then lose their progress.  Pretty much a scam
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    You've just described Madden. And NBA 2k. And call of duty. And...
    Did those games allow for keepers and welcome gifts for playing the previous version?
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Can we just add this to the xxxgeneral infoxxx thread?
    You can put it wherever you want.  I said my peace.  If people want to donate more just to lose it all when they throw the 20 on there and give you a few more features to spend money on feel free.  
    edited June 2019
    @bigjlee let's take call of duty as the example here. If you bought things in advanced warfare they didn't carry over to black ops 3. They're different games 🤷🏻‍♂️ there wasn't anything to stop you from continuing to play advanced warfare, either. If you've purchased a bunch of stuff in tsb18, it's still there. You also don't HAVE TO buy anything in the game if you don't want to, there's plenty of free to play players grinding away. If you feel like it's a scam to pay, then don't pay and just enjoy a free game, mate. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    bigjlee said:
    Do you pay for in game upgrades in those games and lose them?  I can see if you paid for the game once every year but to pay to build up characters or players and then lose their progress.  Pretty much a scam
    Well people are still playing the 2018 version. You don’t “have” to lose them. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    bigjlee said:
    You can put it wherever you want.  I said my peace.  If people want to donate more just to lose it all when they throw the 20 on there and give you a few more features to spend money on feel free.  
    We will.  Thanks for your permission to spend my time and/or money as I see fit.  Anyone playing this game for more than 5 minutes knows what they signed up for.  If it's not for you, find a new hobby.  I hear crocheting is coming back...
    edited June 2019
    ;) Tdub71 said:
    bigjlee said:
    We will.  Thanks for your permission to spend my time and/or money as I see fit.  Anyone playing this game for more than 5 minutes knows what they signed up for.  If it's not for you, find a new hobby.  I hear crocheting is coming back...
    Crocheting. Is there an app for that?  My dad did that when I was young. (I’m not crocheting. Not enough time when I’m being scammed by playing this game.)
    bigjlee said:
    Yea they are for now until they stop events and oh by the way you can't download the game anymore.  so at some point you will lose them.  The app game model is a money grab.  In call of duty you buy the game and earn experience playing it and that experience level let's you unlock stuff.  the app game model has you dip into the wallet a little too much if you want to compete.   You guys have fun with it.  I'm out.
    edited June 2019
    bigjlee said:
    bigjlee said:
    In call of duty you buy the game and earn experience playing it and that experience level let's you unlock stuff.
    How much did this app cost you to download?

and don’t you earn experience by playing this game and trading players in?  XP=experience. And when you move up to a new division, doesn’t that unlock stuff like more upgrade levels?
    Yes, you buy the game. Then people buy dlc packs, and all of the different microtransactions for guns and skins and such. That's off topic, though. The point is, this game is free with the option to spend absurd amounts of money. That's all it is, an option. 
    bigjlee said:
    bigjlee said:
    Yea they are for now until they stop events and oh by the way you can't download the game anymore.  so at some point you will lose them.  The app game model is a money grab.  In call of duty you buy the game and earn experience playing it and that experience level let's you unlock stuff.  the app game model has you dip into the wallet a little too much if you want to compete.   You guys have fun with it.  I'm out.
    Well...bye.
  • metsbelievermetsbeliever Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Troll speak hurts my head
    Troll speak hurts my head
    I would think that baseball would hurt it more 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    In Madden, NHL and FIFA you have ultimate team, where people use money to open packs and buy certain players to build their teams up.  That's after paying $60+ for the game.  I haven't spent that in any of the years I've been playing TSB.  Either way they don't get to take those players to the next year version that they "have" to buy to keep up with their friends.
    Just no.  
  • effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts

I’m deeply offended that this isn’t in xxxgeneral infoxxx thread. This game isn’t a scam by any means. You chose to play it. You chose to pay for it if you want. Glu is not unlawfully taking your time or money. Get over it
    lmao..I don't give a shit if you're offended.  by the sound of the response you are either a bunch of employees probably playing with free gold or you are just idiots that like taking it in the ass.  I'm good they will get no money from me.  don't forget to tie your shoes while you're down there. 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    Son of a... who told you I was a Glu employee?!?  Oh, I guess it's this shirt that says "Hi, I'm a Glu employee"  Now everyone knows, thanks a lot!  Geez
    Just no.  
    bigjlee said:
    I’m deeply offended that this isn’t in xxxgeneral infoxxx thread. This game isn’t a scam by any means. You chose to play it. You chose to pay for it if you want. Glu is not unlawfully taking your time or money. Get over it
    lmao..I don't give a shit if you're offended.  by the sound of the response you are either a bunch of employees probably playing with free gold or you are just idiots that like taking it in the ass.  I'm good they will get no money from me.  don't forget to tie your shoes while you're down there. 

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Well, they have completely given up on TSB18, so in reality you cannot play it anymore.  They have stopped supporting the game, meaning, there is no resolution to issues.  They will tell you to play 19.  

He's right though, the GLU brainwash is in FULL EFFECT here.  2019 brought almost ZERO new options, and the interface is the same.  Yes, you got to bring 3 players.  Big deal, they have been releasing weekly 2 skill rentals 4 days/week.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    No comment.  Nuff said
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    No comment.  Nuff said
    That’s just because you don’t want to risk your promotion Glu is giving you 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Lips sealed by NDA. Nuff said.

What's this thread about?
    What promotion? lol .. I just laugh at the people who think we are all GLU employees... I know @Houmy @DFBB and @Bigpredfan are. But not me!
    – The Great Houmy
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    What promotion? lol .. I just laugh at the people who think we are all GLU employees... I know @Houmy @DFBB and @Bigpredfan are. But not me!
    I WORK FOR NO MAN!!! And also @DFBB is a bot made by @Bigpredfan.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Houmy said:
    dkarski87 said:
    I WORK FOR NO MAN!!! And also @DFBB is a bot made by @Bigpredfan.
    So how in the world did my bot get invited to SF but not me :(
    @DFBB is secretly the CEO of GLU. Didn't you hear? Its how he knows so much.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    @DFBB is secretly the CEO of GLU. Didn't you hear? Its how he knows so much.
    So you are saying I created a bot that took over Glu? Oh crap. AI is taking over