edited June 2019 in General TSB Discussion
what’s yours?  

Mine is that the scoreboard actually shows the correct time 
Prev1

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Schmoo.  Always schmoo.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I'm impressed by the fact this game keeps up with about 50 statistics between the pitchers and batters. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    The Bombadil ad.  Now, maybe it refers to something else entirely, but I like to imagine a dev totally geeking out and hiding an increasingly obscure Lord of the Rings reference in the game.  ( I say obscure because Tom Bombadil was left out of the movies, and nobody reads books anymore lol.)
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Whats a book?
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Showing Baez batting on the scoreboard even though I don't have him and the cubbies wearing my team uniform no matter what team I am.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I swear there's a dude in the stands that constantly smashes an ice cream cone into his face when you home run near him.

Edit: it's the guys in the yellow shirt, they all just smash themselves in the face repeatedly 🤪
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    also...Franchise tokens...those rule ass.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

Franchise players lurking in the clubhouse, ready to spring into action at any time, and take your bonus players spot.  Always a classic gag.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I like the gentleman’s club in the VIP Lounge that you can use Franchise Coins to pay for a private show. That is only for really special VIPs though.
  • BrucepedesBrucepedes Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Honestly somebody mentioned it before but I'm enamored by the fact that this game can keep up with so many statistics for so many players on both sides of the ball. I'm really into looking at player performance so the fact that so many statistics are offered is great.
    “Too high? What does that mean, too high?”

-Major League 
  • DoloDoodDoloDood Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    I like the gentleman’s club in the VIP Lounge that you can use Franchise Coins to pay for a private show. That is only for really special VIPs though.
    This! So many people have no clue. These coins ain't worthless boys!
    ID: TonyLuke
    CLUB: The Phanatics 
  • metsbelievermetsbeliever Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    You get the VIP Lounge after you sign over your house to GLU?
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019
    No no no... the VIP Lounge only appears if you capture a live badger, get snow from the top of Mt Everest, cook a 14 course meal for Gordon Ramsey with no cursing / complaints, retrieve 4 ounces of semen from an African Ostrich, refill a prescription at Walgreens in less than 37 minutes, lick both of your elbows (girls if you can do this please PM me), successfully listen to two silent movies, play Russian roulette with no empty chambers and look at your eyebrows without a mirror.

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    No no no... the VIP Lounge only appears if you capture a live badger, get snow from the top of Mt Everest, cook a 14 course meal for Gordon Ramsey with no cursing / complaints, retrieve 4 ounces of semen from an African Ostrich, refill a prescription at Walgreens in less than 37 minutes, lick both of your elbows (girls if you can do this please PM me), successfully listen to two silent movies, play Russian roulette with no empty chambers and look at your eyebrows without a mirror.

Psssh!!  Too easy.  Give me some real tasks!
    Just no.  
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I thought you needed a shrubbery 
    JEDDDOGGY said:

That is a high-quality reference, sir.  Kudos.
    Tdub71 said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

That is a high-quality reference, sir.  Kudos.
    And you better bring the shrubbery quickly, otherwise you will need another shrubbery slightly elevated with a path down the middle to appease them 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The walk off homer that doesn't have the walk off homer animation. Yes, the animation is cool as heck, but we see it so often. Instead, the walk off homer that is barely fair? That is cool as hell...especially when you KNOW it only stayed fair because you leaned your body accordingly! :wink:
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @DFBB I've hit a couple that were to left-center or center where the fielder went to the wall put glove up but the ball just carried and carried and it was a homerun, no animation. My favorite though is with the animation, opposite field from a righty that travels exactly 351 feet over that giant wall that only the batter knows is gone.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I love those too! The moonshot homers! It's like, you put your head down because it's a pop up.You look back up and the ball is still carrying....and carrying...:)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    I love those too! The moonshot homers! It's like, you put your head down because it's a pop up.You look back up and the ball is still carrying....and carrying...:)
    They are especially great in woh, with 2 outs.

I had one of those against Sale on Wednesday.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    DFBB said:
    They are especially great in woh, with 2 outs.

I had one of those against Sale on Wednesday.
    "God da.. OOOOOHHH YEAH, BABY!"
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    1. Slugfest....hitting a homer to right center over the 405 ft sign....and being congratulated on my 365 dinger
    2. In woh - ocassionally hitting a missile down the right field line that does some sort of whacky bounce off the foul pole....the ball rolls back towards the first base dugout. For awhile you think its gone into glitch mode, because it takes forever for a fielder to appear and get the ball. Then finding out I got a double.
    3. I do like short-hopping the signs around the fence/warning track - and seeing the dirt pop up for a moment....small little cloud of dirt...poof

New thing I seen this past Wednesday in woh... pop up, way way up just 3 feet in front of 1st base.  Nobody catches it. Just hits the dirt. Home run. Happened twice that day
    Lol what?! I've never seen that. I've hit a couple singles on balls that bounced in front of plate though.
    The infeld single always makes me laugh.
    I have never had one of those on a golf course.  However I have been a a accused of being a "shankapottomus".

No context.  Just saw, and had to post here.
    Tdub71 said:

No context.  Just saw, and had to post here.
    The logic in this scene is perfect 
    I know the infield single/unintentional bunt hit, but I'm talking about a pitch that bounces in dirt that I've hit into outfield on the bounce.
  • jamikl42jamikl42 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    I had a pitcher balk in a playoff game last week, been playing for a couple of years and it’s the only time i’d ever seen it happen in the game