Why can’t I win a season?

JohnnydlawJohnnydlaw Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
My team is stacked over 80k.  I went 114-2 in the regular season and lose to the Astros at the end?!?! My team strength more than doubles them but I can never win. Any advice?

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Ouch, that would seriously irritate me. I kind of doubt Houston is half your team strength though even in silver, which I presume you currently reside. They certainly are not less than 40k in gold. Make sure it's during live boost, upgrades are capped, players are capped, vid boost applied and if you have a decent option use a franchise player plus ice pack for ace/best pitcher. With a record like that you should be able to sweep them.
  • SharkdiversSharkdivers Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    I will use ice packs and start my best pitcher and autoplay. If the game is tied or they start to win i will manual play..
    This is only for the playoffs of course.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Save up gold for the playoffs. Use ice packs and only play during the live boost. I've won four in a row like that after facing the exact scenario you described. Somehow lost two of three to the Nats despite being the vastly superior team. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    80 gold boost and ice packs for your ace is what I do. I've won 6 seasons in gold so far with a 95k team strength
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I found starting a right hand pitcher helps out against Houston since all their top players are right handed for the most part
  • total13total13 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    In addition to Live Boost, capped players and team upgrades, and Ice Packs for your Ace, I have also been doing the following:
    1-Play manually from 6th inning on, using Energy Drinks on my Ace until the 9th then handing it off to my closer most times. 
    2-Tweak my lineup to match up against the other starting pitcher. For instance, the Astros throw Cole (a RHP), so I put in as many LHBs (or RHBs with RHP skills) as possible and reorder my lineup best to worst. All of my subs will also be RHBs in case it's tight and they bring a LHP in. I specifically keep a fully stocked and capped platoon-able roster against RHPs and LHPs for this reason. 
    3-If my Ace gets rocked in the first game, I swap out my Ace before the second game. For instance, if, say, the Astros rock my LHP Ace, I will replace him with a RHP Ace for the next game.

It's a lot of effort (some would say too much) to put into simply winning a season but it's been working for me. I've won my last six (last couple at Gold; previous ones at Silver) and should have my seventh this week.

Obviously, having a ton of fully-capped roster options helps to pull this strategy off.