Options

In search of

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
A new third base coach, any clown will do 🤡. Why would a runner on third try to take home every single time there's a dumb little grounder to the pitcher? 😵
"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Comments

• Options
    XWizardxXWizardx Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I can only think that the game employs the worst 3rd base coach that somehow never gets fired????
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    A non force situation, grounder back to the pitcher with 0-1 out, I shouldn't need an old, former player standing in uniform to tell the guy making $16 million a year not to run home. Yet, here we are...
  • Options
    I also love how he tells runners to stop at second when the outfielder has just arrived to the ball at the warning track. It's just phenomenal work all around by this third base coach. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    XWizardxXWizardx Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Or randomly hold on a fly ball where the base runner's speed rating is disproportionately high to hit rating but clearly doesn't factor in the unknown "arm" rating of the outfielder that must be infinitely better than that of the pitcher standing on the mound fielding the ground ball.
  • Options
    XWizardx said:
    Or randomly hold on a fly ball where the base runner's speed rating is disproportionately high to hit rating but clearly doesn't factor in the unknown "arm" rating of the outfielder that must be infinitely better than that of the pitcher standing on the mound fielding the ground ball.
    I just aways assumed Clemente, Ichiro and Mondesi were the archetypes the game had in mind when creating outfield arm strength ratings. 🙄
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Glu did tease more skills in the update. Maybe 3b coach is one...
  • Options
    Is that what the new gameplay mode is going to be? Play as your own third base coach 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    Is that what the new gameplay mode is going to be? Play as your own third base coach 🤦🏻‍♂️
    lol I really hope so.  That way I can tell the runner on 3rd to stay put!  You don't HAVE to run guy, one of the previous bases are empty.
    Just no.  
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Pregame strategy meeting with the team: 

"OK, guys, everything you've been taught about base running? I need you to UNlearn it. Like, now. Moving forward, feel free to tag from second on a fly ball to the track. With two outs, if you're on first, there's power at the plate, so if you don't score on a ball in the gap, you don't get food after the game. 

Oh, and for the love of all that is holy, please, for the love of God and your contract, don't run home without a force if the pitcher fields the ball. I don't know why they told you otherwise, but that's done now. Fini. This isn't a Disney movie. You won't make it. Seriously, if I see one more 1-2 putout without a force, I'll waterboard you in the shower. We all good on that?"
  • Options
    TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Yesterday, I had runners on 2nd and 3rd with nobody out and hit a screaming 37 hopper to the pitcher. The runner stayed at 3rd,never seen it happen 
  • Options
    @TheLegend17 😱 sounds like a miracle!
  • Options
    $135.00* 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Runner on 3rd no outs?  Take all the way and you’ll avoid the little league shenanigans.