TSB - A Love Story

SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts

TSB – I’ve been under your trance for months, but you’ve never loved me back.  App crashes and ghost pitches during WoH, videos randomly pausing and force-closing, crashes when upgrading players, video boosts never working – all of it annoying, frustrating, maddening, or worse.  But at its core, an amazing game – the chase for better players, simple game play, and best of all – baseball and a connection to real life performance.

On Saturday I upgraded from an old iPhone 6 Plus to a new iPhone XR and it changed my TSB world.  No crashes, no lag, all the videos I can handle – and the realization that all my negative feelings were actually due to my hardware – not TSB…me…it’s always been me.

Up until Sunday night, I’d been routinely beating classic WoH on Mondays and Wednesdays but never at a cost of less than 2,000 gold.  TSB held me back with all of its “bugs”.  On Monday night I beat WoH while using only 160 gold (80 gold boosts on 5.9 and 5.10)!  I thought to myself - that was relatively easy (maybe a dozen restarts), that was incredibly fun, I must have gotten lucky.  I upgraded Wolters to G9 and thought, let’s see how the other half lives, let’s try to “cycle”.  I again raced through all stages with only one gold restart at 5.10!  I always knew that cycling would produce incredible returns, but holy smokes, its friggin’ awesome!       

To all you haters out there – it’s not TSB or Glu…it’s you…it’s always been you.  I love you TSB!  XOXO    

Prev1

Comments

• BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Nice story, but, unpopular opinion alert, Glu is still a pretty shitty company. They casually drop videos from unlimited to 125/day. They refuse to fix bugs such as the cvc one where you finish a round and the screen pans around forever and there is not continuation, and then refuse to compensate when I had 3 screenshots to prove that I was right. Rewards for prime events that occur 5 days out of the week are an absolute joke, even while everyone calls for them to be revamped. Android users face massive lag issues compared to Apple users. (It takes three times as long to complete one bonus game for an Android user.) The club feature is rather flawed with the current state in that one should just play solo in a platinum or better club for cvc 100% of the rewards, or they should reset daily to get top ten in all the events. Franchise coins are still obselete in most cases, although it appears more options will be coming in the next update. Slugfest, which I piled resources into, thinking that it would be useful, has seen it's rewards untouched since the beginning of the year. 

This game is not perfect. And that's okay. No game is perfect. But the game is at a point where it's beginning to get repetitive. For most players who are gold and below, we should stock resources for a move up. This means, in all honesty, to just sit around on all days that aren't Monday and Wednesday, and watch videos for gold. The other aspects of the game - except for CVC - are pointless. And for players who are diamond, I'm sure it must be nice to grind out a thousand games for the hell of it and the nice rewards, but most players aren't at that point yet. I feel as if this game focuses around  the 12 hours on Monday and Wednesday. 

So although the game has its epic moments, such as pulling a 1.5% pull, or beating 6.9 on WOH, it seems to be deeply flawed. I genuinely hope this is fixed over the next update. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I dunno, the level-up-player crash is getting pretty annoying. Same with finish-CvC-round-tap-menu crash. Bugfix is not buying an XR lol.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    "it’s not TSB or Glu…it’s you…it’s always been you" - What I've been telling @dkarski87 all this time.

On a different note has anybody noticed that you can no longer tell who hit that "disagree" link on the posts anymore? #transparencygate
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

I thought it was an option in profile and searched last week but couldn't find. I do still see some disagrees here and there though I think.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    "it’s not TSB or Glu…it’s you…it’s always been you" - What I've been telling @dkarski87 all this time.

On a different note has anybody noticed that you can no longer tell who hit that "disagree" link on the posts anymore? #transparencygate
    I had a post get 6 (6!!!!) disagrees the other day. I’ve only had 28 total since 2016, so I was actually kinda proud of getting that many 
    I thought it was an option in profile and searched last week but couldn't find. I do still see some disagrees here and there though I think.
    I didn't mean you can't click it. It just doesn't show who disagrees anymore when you hover over it.

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I wouldn't fall head over heels in love with them, but I'm glad your experience has improved! I just wish us peasant Android users could have a quicker and smoother experience like you Royal iPhone folk 😢 for that, it's not me.. it's them 👽
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Houmy said:

I had a post get 6 (6!!!!) disagrees the other day. I’ve only had 28 total since 2016, so I was actually kinda proud of getting that many 
    Yeah I saw that on the "Scam" post. Seemed odd for that one comment. As I said, #transparencygate.

@Bigpredfan I found your 6 disagrees in one comment pretty unreasonable. All you said was that people are still playing tsb18, not sure why the truth is so disagreeable 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @Bigpredfan I found your 6 disagrees in one comment pretty unreasonable. All you said was that people are still playing tsb18, not sure why the truth is so disagreeable 😂
    It just wasn’t popular, so people don’t agree with it. It’s ok to disagree
    Houmy said:
    I didn't mean you can't click it. It just doesn't show who disagrees anymore when you hover over it.
    I know, that's what I meant. Thought there may be a profile option to hide your name when you disagree. But I still see some names when I mouse-over when one is clicked. Maybe it's on own comments you can see it?
    Houmy said:
    Houmy said:

Yeah I saw that on the "Scam" post. Seemed odd for that one comment. As I said, #transparencygate.
    I loved it. Even added “God Bless Glu” to the end of my next post to see if I could top 6
    I wouldn't fall head over heels in love with them, but I'm glad your experience has improved! I just wish us peasant Android users could have a quicker and smoother experience like you Royal iPhone folk 😢 for that, it's not me.. it's them 👽
    @retirepujols apple is the devil's communication device anyway. Or was the one bite logo just a coincidence? 

That's some next level illuminati stuff right there @Houmy
    Very well played, @Houmy 😂. By the way, I've thought about this for quite some time... It's pronounced homie, right? 
  • mancov2001mancov2001 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    Why is it that the speeds are so different? I just recently bought a new iPad and it’s light years ahead of my phone in this game (galaxy s8+)
    Very well played, @Houmy 😂. By the way, I've thought about this for quite some time... It's pronounced homie, right? 
    LOL you're actually not the first to ask me that. Who+me would be it.

Gotcha, I'll make sure to pronounce it correctly in my head from here on out 🙃
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Eh... not being able to see who disagrees with me doesn't really bother me all that much. I probably get more upset when I see a franchise coin displayed after a bonus game.
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Houmy said:
    LOL you're actually not the first to ask me that. Who+me would be it.
    And all this time, I thought you were my Homie! Thanks for the clarification. Who me is actually funnier. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I was hoping for a happier story when I opened this thread.  But regardless keep on keepin on!
    edited June 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Eh... not being able to see who disagrees with me doesn't really bother me all that much. I probably get more upset when I see a franchise coin displayed after a bonus game.
    It just means I can disagree with every one of your posts now and you’ll never know it is me. I happen to agree with this one though :(. I would include tournament boxes here as well
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    It just means I can disagree with every one of your posts now and you’ll never know it is me. I happen to agree with this one though :(. I would include tournament boxes here as well
    That is of course until they switch it back on and then...…...

edited June 2019
    And so it starts. Not sure what part of this called for a "Disagree" but I am sure a lot more will come. Is GLU trying to get us to be less engaged on the forum now so that we can spend more time on the app? 

Houmy said:
    And so it starts. Not sure what part of this called for a "Disagree" but I am sure a lot more will come. Is GLU trying to get us to be less engaged on the forum now so that we can spend more time on the app? 

The game had Anarchy for so many years. Then they merged and now we have anarchy here :(
    Well I've had 8 disagrees since that last post less than half an hour ago. GLU has opened the troll gates (#trollgate) with this decision. I'm sure I am not the only one who cares about his online identity and not wanting to deal with trolls this will be my last post until/if GLU fixes this issue.

edited June 2019
    Houmy said:
    Well I've had 8 disagrees since that last post less than half an hour ago. GLU has opened the troll gates (#trollgate) with this decision. I'm sure I am not the only one who cares about his online identity and not wanting to deal with trolls this will be my last post until/if GLU fixes this issue.
    I’ve had 28 dislikes from July 2016-this weekend. 

I now have 69. That’s not a coincidence that I have somehow received 60% of my dislikes in the last 3 days when I’ve been on here for over 1050 days 

maybe I should just become a lurker. You know, like all those people who only ever take from the forums and never give back to the community. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I can only assume that some don't feel 'safe' to disagree if it's transparent. However, one of the things that I've enjoyed about the forums is that there's some accountability. By that, I mean, our names are attached to things we like and things we don't like. As the forums continue to grow, the number of trolls will also rise accordingly. As is, there's no telling if the community at large disagrees with our opinions. Maybe it's trolls, maybe it's not. Hopefully, the admins will revisit their decision because I don't think this is the result they imagined.

Also, @Bigpredfan, 69? I know you like that number, but you might want to refresh your profile. :wink:
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Interesting. I'm pretty new to the forum, but had 0 disagrees until that scam post 🤔 oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    guys disagree with my comment i want to get a record of disagrees  on a comment