VIP Council 2.0 - Another year, another trip (hopefully) to GLU HQ!!!

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    How about auto play that plays the whole game instead of tapping every inning. They did it when the had football 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I want to reiterate how much I hate Andrew Triggs.  I would like to headbutt him right in the baby-maker.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    How about auto play that plays the whole game instead of tapping every inning. They did it when the had football 

I doubt this will will ever happen, although I would love it. I could cycle diamond 6 in 1 hour instead of 4 if this were the case. 
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I like that idea @2003cobra at least give you the option to do the whole game or by each inning like it is.
    Triggs update:. Just got him with a first-round pick from event rewards.  I just want to pinch his pudgy cheeks.   ...right off his goofy face...  ...and beat him senseless with them...

That is all.  Carry on.
    BTW, I know it is borderline sociopathic to have such an irrational hatred of an obvious cartoon character, but he looks like a young Elmer Fudd, and I just can't stand it...
  • ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Congratulations, Houmy! Hopefully you'll be able to make it. A draft all button, if only on Monday and Wednesday; More overnight events; Better attitudes in CS (not likely); and, fix the lag for Android. 
  • gdc23gdc23 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    gdc23 said:
    The current model of CvC is broken because it incentivizes people to break off from their club to seek individual rewards. It takes away from the "club" versus "club" component. My suggestion:

Rather than give the "MVP" and "High Round" its own prize, I propose that each member of the winning club should get a "CVC Winning Box" (CWB). This CWB will have a 95% chance to either give 100 cash or 5% chance to get the prize box of the day. I chose 5% because the expected value is 1 box out of 20 pull - which means the outcome is the exact same as now: 1 box for winning CVC. This way, it encourages clubs to stick together which I thought is the entire point of CVC. Currently, the most profitable route is for people to break off into 20 separate clubs to maximize the amounts of rewards gatherable. 
    Then there's no point in spending to win cvc. If the person who scores 20 gets the sane reward as the one who puts up 100,000,000, then nobody will want to play. The current format, although not perfect, is much better.
    the point to win CVC would be to secure 20 boxes for your club? It's Club vs Club, not everyone go find inactive gold clubs to score boxes. CVC moves away from keeping clubs together. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    gdc23 said:
    gdc23 said:
    The current model of CvC is broken because it incentivizes people to break off from their club to seek individual rewards. It takes away from the "club" versus "club" component. My suggestion:

Rather than give the "MVP" and "High Round" its own prize, I propose that each member of the winning club should get a "CVC Winning Box" (CWB). This CWB will have a 95% chance to either give 100 cash or 5% chance to get the prize box of the day. I chose 5% because the expected value is 1 box out of 20 pull - which means the outcome is the exact same as now: 1 box for winning CVC. This way, it encourages clubs to stick together which I thought is the entire point of CVC. Currently, the most profitable route is for people to break off into 20 separate clubs to maximize the amounts of rewards gatherable. 
    Then there's no point in spending to win cvc. If the person who scores 20 gets the sane reward as the one who puts up 100,000,000, then nobody will want to play. The current format, although not perfect, is much better.
    the point to win CVC would be to secure 20 boxes for your club? It's Club vs Club, not everyone go find inactive gold clubs to score boxes. CVC moves away from keeping clubs together. 

What do you care what other players do?  If you want to stick with your club and gun for the top prizes, go ahead.  I just don't understand the consternation over "solo" clubs.  The flip side of it is that the solo clubbers have sacrificed a chance of receiving main event awards, at least on most days.  That's their choice.  I don't get how it affects you or anyone else (and if doesn't affect the game at large, why does it warrant change?). 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    gdc23 said:

Hate the idea.  Besides, there is already a team prize at every level.  I like how things are because there are so many ways to play/approach CvC.  Up to an individual if they want to collect CvC skilled players, get the subscription, spend gold, play as a geoupnall day, go to a solo club, loot and thieve and sometimes get the boot........sandbag rounds, advertise and take help, rent out your private club......I can go on but you all get the idea.......
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I actually would Like a shirt that says "my Houmy went to glu and all I got was this stupid.....Ooops We need to Restart shirt"
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• total13total13 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    How about some confirmation that you *want* to level up your team (or club)? Heard of multiple guys not paying close enough attention trying to blow thru Bonus Games and accidentally playing the playoffs and going to the next level (i.e. Gold to Platinum) when they had absolutely no intention to do so. Not sure what they'd do with you after you *declined* to move up - restart? stay put? - but I'm offering a suggestion, not a solution.  ;)
    I just know (not firsthand, thankfully) that it can be a struggle if you're not prepared in the least. 
  • total13total13 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Not sure how this accidentally happens as you actually have to play out your final playoff game. 
    I think it's a matter of not knowing you're at, say, Gold 6 and thinking you're at Gold 5. It seems like something you should be able to keep straight but I keep hearing of it happening. 
    That sounds like operator failure to me.  Not sure if an alert would even help with that.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    total13 said:
    How about some confirmation that you *want* to level up your team (or club)? Heard of multiple guys not paying close enough attention trying to blow thru Bonus Games and accidentally playing the playoffs and going to the next level (i.e. Gold to Platinum) when they had absolutely no intention to do so. 
    Not sure how this accidentally happens as you actually have to play out your final playoff game. 
    I’ve accidentally done it, but it’s because I meant to stop in the middle of the 8th. User error. Not because i lost track of where I was. The last thing we need are more pop-ups slowing us down. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I actually would Like a shirt that says "my Houmy went to glu and all I got was this stupid.....Ooops We need to Restart shirt"
    You think they would let me through the door if I wore a "#skillsgate" shirt? Our original "#gate" I believe dating back to 18.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    Houmy said:
    You think they would let me through the door if I wore a "#skillsgate" shirt? Our original "#gate" I believe dating back to 18.

They invited you @Houmy they will let you in the door wearing whatever you want.
    Need more Living Legends!
    Please at least wear something. 
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    ZaneJ78 said:
    Houmy said:

They invited you @Houmy they will let you in the door wearing whatever you want.
    *Swaggers in wearing fursuit*
  • Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    They gotta take the cap off of watching videos. Used up all my videos after 7 last night playing WoH. Waiting a full 24 hours for a chance for a little bit if gold is absurd. 
    Biceson44 said:
    They gotta take the cap off of watching videos. Used up all my videos after 7 last night playing WoH. Waiting a full 24 hours for a chance for a little bit if gold is absurd. 
    Reset your ad identifier by going into your settings and scroll down to click on privacy. Turn on the limit ad tracking and turn it back off. Make sure that you close out the baseball app first. This will get you another round of videos
    2003cobra said:
    Biceson44 said:
    Reset your ad identifier by going into your settings and scroll down to click on privacy. Turn on the limit ad tracking and turn it back off. Make sure that you close out the baseball app first. This will get you another round of videos

That is exactly what I do.  Using that method, I can watch as many as I want.
    Sometimes I just lay the phone on my desk, and mindlessly tap while I work.  It is tedious, for sure...
    I play them while I’m watching tv. It’s an easy 1k while watching a ball game
    Yep.  Or sometimes I let my daughter do it.  She likes to see the game demos.  Easily entertained...
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I I usually do 2.5k to 3k good a day in videos. So roughly 20k a week. Fortunately I have job that allows me to play videos all day 
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    You’ve already gotten so many responses I won’t be surprised if you don’t get to read them all and my suggestion may be redundant because I have not read them all....

I quit playing slugfest last year and haven’t even looked at it this year for the main reason of resources.  I work too hard on my main team to spend my valuable resources trying to essentially keep two teams competitive.  Plus the reward for keeping competitive in slugfest just isn’t there.  I would play it though if my players from my main team were the same players on slugfest.  That way I wasn’t having to try to keep up with two teams
    2003cobra said:
    Biceson44 said:
    Settings on my phone (iPhone) or within the game settings. Not very tech savvy over here haha
    Device settings.  Don't know the path for iOS, but Android is settings>google>ads>opt out of ad personalization.  Just toggle that off/on.  Don't forget to force-close the app, too.

You can also reset your ad id there, but some have warned that doing that too often could get you banned from certain offers.
    Tdub71 said:
    Device settings.  Don't know the path for iOS, but Android is settings>google>ads>opt out of ad personalization.  Just toggle that off/on.  Don't forget to force-close the app, too.

You can also reset your ad id there, but some have warned that doing that too often could get you banned from certain offers.
    Any IOS users out there that can help? I have ad tracking turned off on my phone already.