Slugfest still no prime!

whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
Well Soto is the reward, no pxp or prime slugger still..hopefully this changes. 
Prev1

Comments

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I’m going to cash my sluggers in.  The event is irrelevant now.  
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    I’m going to cash my sluggers in.  The event is irrelevant now.  
    Careful, this is what @dfbb was waiting for before adding in the PXP
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    In terms of building resources, It's my opinion that compared to WoH, SF will always be a day late and a dollar short.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    DFBB said:
    In terms of building resources, It's my opinion that compared to WoH, SF will always be a day late and a dollar short.
    Unless Royale WoH resembles last weeks. Not for lack of trying I was only able to cycle once before calling it a day after just going gold.
    DFBB said:
    Unless Royale WoH resembles last weeks. Not for lack of trying I was only able to cycle once before calling it a day after just going gold.
    Even last week, when WoH was considered awful, it was still a significantly better option for resources/players. However, I guess that assumes you're able to cycle it as easily as SF.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I think if you are still waiting for pxp in slugfest then you will continue to be disappointed weekly.   Just my two cents.  It seems pretty clear the direction slugfest has gone since Royale was introduced.  
    I think if you are still waiting for pxp in slugfest then you will continue to be disappointed weekly.   Just my two cents.  It seems pretty clear the direction slugfest has gone since Royale was introduced.  
    It wouldn’t surprise me if they never did a prime slugger and kept it at 5 levels TBH. Keep it blue XP because no one wants to spend their prime XP on sluggers and they won’t give prime XP if there isn’t a prime slugger. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    It wouldn’t surprise me if they never did a prime slugger and kept it at 5 levels TBH. Keep it blue XP because no one wants to spend their prime XP on sluggers and they won’t give prime XP if there isn’t a prime slugger. 
    I would be ok with that. It's not a great evo or xp resource builder but the ability to get half a mil cash from homerun battles every couple days is still worth it to me.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I may be in the minority here but if & when they do switch to 6 levels & PXP then you can easily get 2.5-3X amount of PXP per cycle versus WOH and if you are silver then capping that 1st slugger won't be as expensive. Of course that means staying silver for a while which I plan on doing anyway as real life has taken priority this year and the game is mostly for some needed daily distraction for me until things calm down a bit.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Hey another week without a prime slugger. Glu really knows how to kill the one event that uses skill.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I was low-key just hoping that if we complained about it for a month they'd eventually add it in. Lol
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    The good news with the lack of primes in SF is that my roster should be able to crack the tower whenever it does become relevant, assuming I have enough blue xp.  I stopped cycling when Gallo was the reward, and he’s not that far behind Correa. 
    I was low-key just hoping that if we complained about it for a month they'd eventually add it in. Lol

I know this isn't music to anyone's ears, but it doesn't make business sense for them to make pxp readily available until legends are introduced. The approach appears to have us chase resources while making the players themselves more 'common.' I can certainly be wrong, but comparing the '18 timeline to '19 is like comparing apples to oranges. 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I could careless about prime sluggers, just want prime xp put in the rewards
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited June 2019
    DFBB said:

The approach appears to have us chase resources while making the players themselves more 'common.' 

Yeah, like someone else was saying it's the Keuhrig model. The coffee maker is nearly free, but those little pods get you in the long run.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    DFBB said:

The approach appears to have us chase resources while making the players themselves more 'common.' 

Yeah, like someone else was saying it's the Keuhrig model. The coffee maker is nearly free, but those little pods get you in the long run.
    But at least we know that the pods will have sales and that’s when they become more readily available. 
    But at least we know that the pods will have sales and that’s when they become more readily available. 

I cycled HOF on Monday just to see how long it would take and if it would be feasible to cycle-cap a prime from D1 to D10. It's not LOL.
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I cycled HOF on Monday just to see how long it would take and if it would be feasible to cycle-cap a prime from D1 to D10. It's not LOL.
    I did that a few weeks ago and messed around on Monday too. If you save 400k pxp, you can take them to d4 so a total of 7 cycles will do it. The problem is that the reward needs to justify the effort(and pxp) because it's not reasonable to get another 400k for the following week...that and you'd have to give up such valuable resources via classic.
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I had a feeling that was the case. I’m just stacking up the PXP. I’m at 192K!!!!!
    edited June 2019
    DFBB said:
    I did that a few weeks ago and messed around on Monday too. If you save 400k pxp, you can take them to d4 so a total of 7 cycles will do it. The problem is that the reward needs to justify the effort(and pxp) because it's not reasonable to get another 400k for the following week...that and you'd have to give up such valuable resources via classic.

Yup, totally. I also spent about 2000 gold on the 1 cycle I did (could have done without the gold restarts, but if I ended up in a hurry at the end of the night to get a last cycle or two in I'd be buying them, I suppose).
    I had a feeling that was the case. I’m just stacking up the PXP. I’m at 192K!!!!!

I have double Late Inning Bell at D6 now. I feel like he might be relevant as a last 4 guy for a while, even after AS guys come out, so I'm throwing most of my PXP at him for the foreseeable future.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:

I know this isn't music to anyone's ears, but it doesn't make business sense for them to make pxp readily available until legends are introduced. The approach appears to have us chase resources while making the players themselves more 'common.' I can certainly be wrong, but comparing the '18 timeline to '19 is like comparing apples to oranges. 

I wonder if Glu finds that more profitable.  For me personally, I refuse to spend gold on resources except in very extreme circumstances.  In contrast, I spend gold on player boxes and WOH all the time.
    Metsicans said:
    DFBB said:

I wonder if Glu finds that more profitable.  For me personally, I refuse to spend gold on resources except in very extreme circumstances.  In contrast, I spend gold on player boxes and WOH all the time.
    I’m getting primes for free it seems all the time now. I got one yesterday from cvc and traded him in. 

If people can get the prime players for free, then how does it benefit Glu to have prime XP be plentiful right now?  This is a game where you are always chasing. There is no destination. You cycle diamond 6? Now go and do it again. If they give you primes and prime XP easily, then there is no chase to get the best players and level them up. 

Sure some one get tired of chasing, but that is what this game is all about. Constant improvement-how to do it-and the good old question of “is this worth it” when deciding on leveling/starting to level players 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    With diamond not costing gold anymore you think they will take it away with the update? Just don’t see it as a good business strategy to let their most addicted players play for free. 
    edited June 2019
    whammo911 said:
    With diamond not costing gold anymore you think they will take it away with the update? Just don’t see it as a good business strategy to let their most addicted players play for free. 
    I doubt it. The thing is that I still spend the gold. Lol. They have made way more from me on the players than any amount of gold. I spend the gold too. It isn’t just stacking up for me quite yet. Last weekend I got Marte. First purchase in a month and most of my purchases come from the specials tab, not gold.  I think they learned last year what they could do by offering players when they started the Black Friday players. 
    edited June 2019
    whammo911 said:

That is the big rumor for the next update. However, to me it doesn't make sense because most of the big spenders on this game - that's what they do - cycle diamond (not talking about Joe Blow the median income guy who begrudgingly spends $100 a week, but talking guys that spend $25,000 annually or more).
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I'm Joe Blow (well, working my way down to being Joe Blow to reduce spending 😏), are you saying cycling diamond is mainly only feasible for the big spenders? I just jumped to Platinum and I'm hoping to get to diamond as soon as I can specifically to cycle d6, but if it's going to require big boy money I'll need to rethink it. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @JEDDDOGGY I'm Joe Blow (well, working my way down to being Joe Blow to reduce spending 😏), are you saying cycling diamond is mainly only feasible for the big spenders? I just jumped to Platinum and I'm hoping to get to diamond as soon as I can specifically to cycle d6, but if it's going to require big boy money I'll need to rethink it. 
    No. He is saying that the big spenders also cycle diamond 6. You don’t have to be a big spender to do it, but a lot of the big spenders do it. All thumbs are fingers but not all fingers are thumbs 
    edited June 2019
    @retirepujols

What @Bigpredfan said. I feel like if the whales weren't playing the game that way, they'd probably change it. But things being the way they are, they're best served to not change something like that. It's okay for them to limit videos to 125 per day because doing that only effects people they don't care about - people who don't spend money. The guys in XTRASHX and SPARTA and JUDGESUCKSDIDI aren't sitting around watching videos for gold all day, so they aren't gonna get mad when they put a severe limit on them. I guess don't bite the hand that feeds you is kind of what I'm thinking here. The big dogs all cycling diamond just makes it so we can too.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Gotcha, I guess I'll have to send xcovex and all of the chozen ones a thank you 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71