Options

One of a kind Triple Play in WOF

McSteezy69McSteezy69 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
I’m sure at this point everyone has had their fair share of Triple Plays, but I just had a special triple play that I wanted to see if anybody else has experienced. First time it’s happened and I play a lot, 101k gold team strength. 

THE PLAY: Started out down 1 run with runners on first and third, no outs. I hit a hard line drive to third baseman who made the catch right next to the shortstop. (One Out) All runners continued to run. Third baseman threw the ball to first (Two Outs). And then the First baseman threw the ball to third and overthrew it because nobody was playing the bag. The ball hit off the third base backstop and then bounced and rolled all the way into the outfield. Although nobody was playing the bag on third to catch the throw from first for the third out it still registered as a Triple Play ending with the ball just sitting in left field. Happy Hump Day from GLU, just bent over and took this 😂

Comments

• Options
    BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    @McSteezy69, I heard about this happening numerous times in the '18 forum threads. It's never happened to me personally, but it sounds infuriating. 
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Ugh man. I've had my fair share of triple plays this year, but this here takes the cake.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Needless to say, there are many things wrong with that scenario, but I'm stuck on why no one was at third. It's like the first baseman was the only person who recognized there was a runner on third base, including the runner. 
  • Options
    McSteezy69McSteezy69 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    @Cooz19 The Third baseman that made the linedrive catch off the bag was still running back to the bag when the first baseman threw it to Third. 
  • Options
    cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    I had this happen to me a couple of times in 2018. None yet in 2019
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Really shouldn't take him that long @McSteezy69. Obviously it's a glitch, I just find that part funny.