WOH Glitch?

2Next

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited June 2019
    TBWepa said:
    Seriously I am about rage like the hulk over here. 9 curveballs in a row, how does Glu expect us to win if they make shit impossible to hit. Been working on WoH for about 3 hours now and can’t get past Sale for one but now I can’t even get past Hicks. This is all with 340 max players at G10. It’s absolutely absurd right now 
    If you get 9 curves in a row, then your matchup isn’t good enough to win. 

340 max players are terrific, but if their skills don’t work for the matchup then it won’t work

edit:  look at my lineup. All skills are at 8 if they are always active (RHP/LHP/WOH/Late Innings), 4 if they aren’t (RISP/2 out, etc). 

Level 5 
    1- bellinger
    2- Dahl
    3- Wolters 
    4- Devers (yes the 360 highest rated player. His skill is inactive and with others skills they pass him in hit rating.)
    5- Simmons (yes Simmons. With only 2 LHP left his skills mean he is the odd man out 
    6- Peralta
    7- Beaty
    8- Cain
    9- Marte (owning Sale today)
    10- Matthews 
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    JTTeams said:
    tocopan18 said:
    JTTeams said:
    What the crap!?!?!? Cycled 5-6 times Monday in classic. Can’t get past Sale today. Not even close. With the live boost. What’s up GLU? 
    Well, Wednesday WOH royale is a bit harder than Monday's classic mode, kind of like in-between classic and all-star mode
    A bit harder is different than impossible. I’ve beaten HOF several times...Sale is HOF Schezer hard today. But I am refusing to spend gold because it seems like that is the only way to beat it today. Which is ridiculous. First the glitch. Then this BS. Thanks for the middle finger GLU. 
    Finally...whew. I went through everyone. Beat Sale with Seager once and then Hernandez once. But overall like 2/15 against Sale and 1/3 against Arrietta. 
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    TBWepa said:
    Seriously I am about rage like the hulk over here. 9 curveballs in a row, how does Glu expect us to win if they make shit impossible to hit. Been working on WoH for about 3 hours now and can’t get past Sale for one but now I can’t even get past Hicks. This is all with 340 max players at G10. It’s absolutely absurd right now 

340 max players are terrific, but if their skills don’t work for the matchup then it won’t work

edit:  look at my lineup. All skills are at 8 if they are always active (RHP/LHP/WOH/Late Innings), 4 if they aren’t (RISP/2 out, etc). 

Level 5 
    1- bellinger
    2- Dahl
    3- Wolters 
    4- Devers (yes the 360 highest rated player. His skill is inactive and with others skills they pass him in hit rating.)
    5- Simmons (yes Simmons. With only 2 LHP left his skills mean he is the odd man out 
    6- Peralta
    7- Beaty
    8- Cain
    10- Matthews 
     This is what I’m working with. Was a breeze for me last Wednesday with almost this same team. Everyone’s skills are at 5 or 6 for me
    TBWepa said:
    TBWepa said:

Level 5 
    1- bellinger
    2- Dahl
    3- Wolters 
    6- Peralta
    7- Beaty
    8- Cain
    10- Matthews 
     This is what I’m working with. Was a breeze for me last Wednesday with almost this same team. Everyone’s skills are at 5 or 6 for me
    Who are you using for Sale?
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    TBWepa said:
    TBWepa said:

Level 5 
    1- bellinger
    2- Dahl
    3- Wolters 
    6- Peralta
    7- Beaty
    8- Cain
    10- Matthews 
    I’ve used Torres twice, Devers twice, Robles once, Trout once and Meadows once. Best results of those were Torres able to get 2 runs off of him before he started throwing me sliders and two seams again. 
    TBWepa said:
    TBWepa said:
    TBWepa said:

Level 5 
    1- bellinger
    2- Dahl
    3- Wolters 
    6- Peralta
    7- Beaty
    8- Cain
    10- Matthews 
    I’ve used Torres twice, Devers twice, Robles once, Trout once and Meadows once. Best results of those were Torres able to get 2 runs off of him before he started throwing me sliders and two seams again. 
    I would agree that Torres is probably the best bet. He has 1 active skill, sometimes 2, and has the RHB for the LHP. I had that with Cain last week and can feel your pain, so I got Marte for this week. 
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Anyone got G10 Smith? Wanna see comparison to recent Sanchez. Not sure on leveling him up, though I assume his hit is higher with 104 base
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited June 2019

Got them both at silver.  I like him a little better, but it's pretty close.

Edit: mostly because of the skills
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    TBWepa said:
    Sometimes there is no reason.  Ive lost 10 times with G10 Mantle with double skills at 6and using the live boost. Other team beat Sale first try with Trea double skills at 3 no live boost.   
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Dude I am still just trying to figure out why the WOH reward player is taking a shower in his photo. 
    Finally beat Sale.  He walked 3 guys lol. 
    Yes, I know my roster is weak... but all skills are boosted to prime. Cycled 19 times Monday , and 7 today. No gold used. No live boost used. It’s all about matchups. Know your pitchers folks. 
    What matchup could be better than Mantle?
    Its a bit of luck in there also. Even though it benefits to play the numbers/matchups as bigpredfan suggested, glu also has some randomness to everything.
    I've used guys with only a prime skill or some other garbage and did just fine before. Other times i'll have the perfect matchup and can't do squat.
    Vs Sale - Keeper Posey (209 overall atm with 4 skill risp/lhp) got 1 fastball (double) and the rest was all breaking stuff on first try. Video restart, all fastballs, five hits = win on 2nd try.
    Lost once to Bum, Vasquez, Sale...
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    edited June 2019

What matchup could be better than Mantle?
    I use Mantle with double skills upgraded to Level 8 (25k prime).  He does a pretty good job but I do use the 40 gold boost on both Lester and Sale just to speed up the process.  I have one prime player maxed in gold but now, I'm dumping any new prime pulls and instead, pumping up the skills in both of my keepers as I'm planning to move to platinum/diamond and I won't be able to take my prime players anyway at this point in the game.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’ve been using Hernandez for Sale in Diamond (live boost + 80 gold) and winning a little less than half the time.  Was able to land Smith and he will eventually be what I use for Vasquez/Sale.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Talking about video boost, I would swear that most of the time it makes things worse than not using it. 40 or 80 gold boost usually you can see the difference but the free one, oh man, lately I prefer to go with the player as is. The Live boost also seems to work pretty good.
    I don't know, it seems like if you use the free boost GLU triggers something that makes the pitcher harder or maybe they do something to the RNG .

Maybe i'm just going crazy.
    If mantle isn’t working, try someone else. May not be your best bat
    Oh i tried  several others lol
    tocopan18 said:
    Talking about video boost, I would swear that most of the time it makes things worse than not using it. 40 or 80 gold boost usually you can see the difference but the free one, oh man, lately I prefer to go with the player as is. The Live boost also seems to work pretty good.
    I don't know, it seems like if you use the free boost GLU triggers something that makes the pitcher harder or maybe they do something to the RNG .

Maybe i'm just going crazy.
    I never use any of the boosts in woh cause I feel the same way. I seem to do worse with them. The only place I use them is season playoffs and sometimes in cvc
    The live boost and even video boosts do provide a noticeable difference in performance, it’s all about numbers and sometimes even 5% may be the difference between you getting one more straight pitch in a game that you might not otherwise receive.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    TBWepa said:

Level 5 
    1- bellinger
    2- Dahl
    3- Wolters 
    6- Peralta
    7- Beaty
    8- Cain
    10- Matthews 
    Did u mean meadows on 10 and not Matthews or am I missing something
    2003cobra said:
    TBWepa said:

Level 5 
    1- bellinger
    2- Dahl
    3- Wolters 
    6- Peralta
    7- Beaty
    8- Cain
    10- Matthews 
    Did u mean meadows on 10 and not Matthews or am I missing something
    Yeah Meadows. Typo. I had just learned I had a 15-page paper due tonight at the exact same time the event ends. So I was rushing just a little 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I thought that meadows would be a beast but laStella might be a bit better. I accidentally used him against Sale and he dominated him and sent him back to Boston crying
    Today is the first Wednesday since they changed the pitching that I came out quite ahead in resources.  I came up a little short to cycle cap Beaty but I did get him to D8, using the exp I got to level Smith to D5.  In 8 wins made 1.1M cash and 130 bonus games.  I now have 3 solid LHB options with two ok righty batters but still the biggest weakness I have.  WTB a third baseman and a solid 3rd outfielder.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I had my way with Sale using Marte today with those double lhp skills 🙌🏻 having said that, since Sale has a lhb skill I'm almost curious if a player like prime judge (rhb) with double rhp skills would be the way to go against Sale. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Yes, I know my roster is weak... but all skills are boosted to prime. Cycled 19 times Monday , and 7 today. No gold used. No live boost used. It’s all about matchups. Know your pitchers folks. 

Matchups, matchups, matchups. Cannot stress enough.
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    edited June 2019

@dustyhunks That's what I have been trying to say this whole time LOL!!
    Need more Living Legends!
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    ZaneJ78 said:

So you guys are saying it's not about the matchups, right?!  :D
    Just no.  
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    ZaneJ78 said:

So you guys are saying it's not about the matchups, right?!  :D
    Matchup = irrelevant. Got it.