Ugh what? London players...

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
I'm definitely not a fan. A tad complicated. Thoughts?

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    a waste of $5
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yeah for $5 a player and if they’re a bust they become 310 bxp, but as you said it seems overly complicated to me. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Personally, I wouldn't even consider leveling any of those players because they don't even qualify for the weekend discount. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I’d like it if
    1- the players had middle ground as opposed to 310 or 380 (go up 10 per hit as an example)
    2- the skills were Late innings as opposed to RISP. 
    3- they all were BXP permanently of course :)
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    For $20 gamble I think it can appeal to players who don’t ever get a Prime player. I mean people waste $20 on 9 boxes for a chance at player why not guarantee one and hope they do well for the same price? @DFBB

P.S. I had a feeling you would jump on and post this quickly lol
  • atlbraves13atlbraves13 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Trash promo.  It's only a two games series.  The most likely scenario is Judge hitting 2 homers.  Odds are that all four bust.  
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Glad that I read the forum before I bought or should I say didn’t buy
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Yeah. If the success rate meant they were 380 BXP players, I would buy them all. As it stands, I don't see myself buying any of them. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I DO like, however, that it's something different. Could be a good gamble for teams without prime players and pxp laying around. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    This could be good for you, @FrankTheTank04
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    I like the idea! But the odds of all 4 not getting boosted have to be like 95–99.9% for a 2 game series. Even if they decreased by half the odds would not go down that much. And are we really going to see 400+ players next week? I’m beginning to think not. 

Hope I’m wrong. 
    JTTeams said:
    And are we really going to see 400+ players next week? I’m beginning to think not. 

Hope I’m wrong. 
    Are you talking about the upcoming all star boxes? I hope you're wrong, too 😉
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    I thought it was a rivalry “box”
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    This could be good for you, FrankTheTank04
    Yeah I didn't like the odds @retirepujols, plus if it's in the specials tab I can't see it.  Nothing is loading there for some reason, nor in the gold tab.  I did see it in the news section though.  I'm sure I'm one of the only players who doesn't have a prime, so if I did purchase this, it's a guarantee that all 4 players would fail lol.  
    Just no.  
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I think they set the goals too high, but judge in a stadium that’s 385 to center I’ll take that bet For $5
  • BIGBOBBY92BIGBOBBY92 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    As a Yankees fan I'm really tempted to buy both DJ and Judge hoping they both have two great games this series but then I don't even have the PXP to level them haha.
    https://discord.gg/E2zHYq Tap Sports Baseball Discord I help run
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I think judge would be the best gamble. Agree with @Bigpredfan would be better if there was a middle ground with them instead it’s win or bust. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I think judge would be the best gamble. Agree with @Bigpredfan would be better if there was a middle ground with them instead it’s win or bust. 
    Even still, there are 350 BXP players. The difference really isn’t that huge. If it was 380 and BXP I might consider buying all 4 and just hoping to hit one of them. 
    Some spend gold chasing boxes for prime players you telling me you wouldn’t gamble on Judge for $5 😂😂😂 doesn’t make much sense to me 
  • Grippy5Grippy5 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    If they don't get bumped to 380 won't they be worth the PXP for trading in?
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    LOL....the amount of mountains that get flushed every week chasing players and all of a sudden everyone is so precious and picky?!??   Please!!!!
  • glc123glc123 Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    Would finally likens judge . Spent alot of money last week trying to get one 
    I spent 50k gold last weekend chasing him. $5 was a whole lot less painful. 
    My point exactly. If he turns 380 that’s a good investment if not, then he’s PXP
    Point well taken 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited June 2019
    My point exactly. If he turns 380 that’s a good investment if not, then he’s PXP
    Isn't he bxp if he fails?
    edit: Monday. So you could trade in for way less pxp spent to level, if you bother before hand. So $5 for 1700-ish pxp. Or actually at 310 max, probably 1400?
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    I saw somewhere that deep center field wasn't even 400 ft in London  (I think 385 ft) and down the lines were like 330 ft.  Judge I'd guess would be the best option for me.  
  • CrumbsCrumbs Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Not quite sure how I feel about this London promo. Legitimately, Judge is the only one who will come close to completing his requirements. 4 XBHs in a 2 game series.... not saying its impossible, but man.
  • marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    Where are the London players or boxes?
    Gone my friend as soon as the game started @marcoslo
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    They were only available in specials for $5 each.  Once the game started, the deal expired.