#OneVoiceTSB

Comments

• rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    I truly hope that people attending the meeting with GLU do not advocate for them to make the game more difficult (specifically WOH). 

There are 3 ways to make your team better.
    1. Spend money 
    2. Spend a lot of time playing the game
    3. Have a good strategy to improve your team for the events you like to play.

If a team can cycle classic WOH on Monday in 11 minutes, that is because they have improved their team using 2 or more of the strategies I listed above. The challenging part of the game is to build a team that can cycle WOH that fast. The journey, not the destination, is the challenge for me. I would be very frustrated if I couldn’t cycle classic WOH fairly easily with the team I have built based on the time I have invested in the game.

If if anyone feels that classic WOH is to easy
    then either....
    play All Star or HOF instead of classic on Monday
    or
    spend less time or money making your team better

I know I spend too much time playing the game. I do this so WOH is easier for me on Monday and Wednesday. Most guys can’t or don’t play this game as much as me. It wouldn’t be fair to the average player to advocate for the game to be more difficult. 

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    A few things to address, but I have to be brief:

@mythicaldragon I don't care how you spend your gold, but Glu does. If you don't grasp that concept, we need to agree to disagree because we will be running in circles. 
    I've also stated my issues several times over the years. However, just for you, here's a recap:

1)Transparency
    2)Consistent CS
    3)Anti hacking measures
    4)Game balance

@BOZZCO What's your username? 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I'd love for everything to be cheaper. Of course, cheaper also means more abundant. When everything is cheaper, more people will have it, and it's value will be diminished. But yes, "cheaper" and "free" are two of my favorite words. I've spent roughly $1,500 on this game so far, nothing too crazy until I realize it's a game on my phone 🤦🏻‍♂️ I would love to have gotten more from that bread. At the end of the day, I paid for what I paid for and I will pay for what I pay for- Im not going to buy a $5,000 car and be mad that it's not giving me $20,000 worth of value. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    The issue I think @rmouse511 is that the people wanting more already do those things, they just want more. 

More PXP
    More trade in value
    More in the free gifts
    More more more 

if you get these things, the game will become boring to me. I want a challenge still. It’s why I decided to level up a Prime, just for the challenge. 

from my experience, it is very difficult to please people who just want more, because they always want more. 

Also, we all know that when we have people with different opinions that someone has to be wrong right?  We can just see the same game differently and it be ok. No we need to get mad at each other, trash each other’s opinions, tell others that their opinions are wrong and why ours are right. 

My opinions are how I feel about the game. You don’t have to agree with me and that’s ok. Some will and some won’t. We need to get out of the game it if talking as if someone’s opinion is wrong, and instead just express why we feel differently. I disagree with people all the time, but it doesn’t mean someone is wrong
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    You guys that want the game to be MORE difficult can explain to my wife why I’m spending even MORE time trying to cycle WOH 😂
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    DFBB. Username is BOZZCO

@JEDDDOGGY I actually struggle a tad with that. I hate classic WoH, but I'm constantly playing it because the value is insane. It's basically the opposite of weekend rewards.  Heck, I spent more than an hour on HoF last week and I can't help but think that I left 2-3 classic cycles on the table.  :#

@BOZZCO Ty. 

I get it that I sound like I’m complaining.  But I do play the game many ways. I grind in the mornings tourneys to get bonus games.. then bonus games to get cash to get more tourney games. Throw in some draft picks and of course ample supply of franchise coins.  I enjoy that route as well. I don’t play slugfest and not a huge fan of cvc for whatever reason I’m useless at it. I enjoy competing solo ( I time myself for woh cycles or how fast I can play 50 bonus games. My record is 11 min 47 sec). I don’t for a second care how DFBB or Houmy or who ever play. If my comment on them came across negative I apologize. I also previously stated I have learned a lot reading all your posts.  I think the rewards being adjusted would get more people involved in the club events. I don’t like the rewards but keep playing because I enjoy that aspect of the game. But I’m sure you will agree that there are a lot of posts about the shitty rewards....I’m not sure how you can disagree when people keep posting this over and over. Last year I pretty much played solo and loved the game, took my team to diamond way to fast, as many did .... but I learned a lot and enjoyed it. I had different issues last year I only chased players I liked and just had to find resources to try and cap( didn’t cap one diamond player) this year I have capped a bunch including a keeper) My point is I do understand there are many ways to play ... I’m not sure many of you do.  I don’t care how you play in fact I couldn’t care less.  The real fact is the costs are prohibitive for most to compete in club match’s. Lots try which is great... lots of people take a pass which is great. This post was started by bunny with complaints and issues that effected them, I have issues and complaints so I posted. I am not cluttering up Houmys thread about his trip to glu with my issues. 
    I think what we have learned is that the forum post title “One Voice TSB” has shown us that there are more than One Voice. Lol. 

And the game is also about the friends you make along the way. 
    edited June 2019
    DFBB said:
    @JEDDDOGGY I actually struggle a tad with that. I hate classic WoH, but I'm constantly playing it because the value is insane. It's basically the opposite of weekend rewards.  Heck, I spent more than an hour on HoF last week and I can't help but think that I left 2-3 classic cycles on the table.  

LOL yup! I try to get my 10 cycles to cap the classic reward player and then whatever I can get done on HOF after that. That's been working well, because I can usually be mostly done at a reasonable time and still get some family time in. 
    @BOZZCO You have some very good points, but if you want to be taken seriously, I'd suggest leaving out personal attacks. I can tell you first hand that the powers that be, they do read these forums. 

ps: there's hope for diamond cvc. If you care, keep digging.

Last point.  On a positive note I do think that glu listens to their customers and tries to implement changes that people want. Personally I love the London series 5$ players, unfortunately being diamond there is no way I will partake. If these were bxp and possible 375 if stats were met and 310 if not I would have all 4 and I would have actually paid close attention to the 2 games. The right idea.... but implementation was a swing and a miss for me. 
    BOZZCO said:
    Last point.  On a positive note I do think that glu listens to their customers and tries to implement changes that people want. Personally I love the London series 5$ players, unfortunately being diamond there is no way I will partake. If these were bxp and possible 375 if stats were met and 310 if not I would have all 4 and I would have actually paid close attention to the 2 games. The right idea.... but implementation was a swing and a miss for me. 
    If they qualified for the weekend discount, it would be semi-reasonable. 
    DFBB said:
    BOZZCO said:
    If they qualified for the weekend discount, it would be semi-reasonable. 
    Very much a “close but no cigar” scenario 
    I just want to add one more thing about the difficulty. While my preference is different than most, I can recognize that most people are happy with the current WoH situation. More importantly, I think GLU has recognized that the current WoH formula is a happy medium. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Did you return @BlackFang4? Last I read you were complaining and started a thread stating you were quitting! Now you are critical of those that complain??? 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited June 2019

What’s the phrase that pays. 

Actions speak louder than words. Complain all you want to, but the actions are what gets heard 
    Suggesting a complaint isn't an action is a horrible position for a business to take. What's the motivation for a paying customer to return to paying status after the company ignored their complaints in the first place? 

Reading over both sides of this argument, comments suggest both sides agree non-woh events aren't worth playing beyond simple enjoyment in their current form. Rewards are too small for the effort put forward. On one hand, it's silly to suggest the continued existence of something automatically means profits are coming in at the level the company wants. The big spenders here often point out all they play are bonus games and woh. So that money isn't being spent on other events. If there's a market of people saying they'd like to spend money throughout the week but aren't being made to feel like it'd be worth their time (something both sides are saying in different ways), it would seem the business has two positive options and one negative option:
    1. Stop putting such a massive incentive on one event and make other events hold some value in terms of a risk/reward ratio. 
    2. Boost the incentive for all events to provide more opportunity for players to spend money outside of chasing bonus players (who only impact the events that don't provide a reasonable reward)

The negative option: 

Maintain an attitude that the haves are worth more than the have-nots and cut off the considerably higher volume of players who play (all players generate revenue for the game) from sticking around long enough to gain motivation to become a customer who wants to pay more. 

Repeat/continued customers are far cheaper and far more profitable than new customers. Repeats also provide insight to potential customers on whether or not to consume a product. They are the hub of the word-of-mouth ad campaign which has the strongest retention rate of anything. 

Taking the attitude that 5 of 7 days of the week don't matter because some people spent $30 to buy one player and cycle one event twice a week, therefore, ignore the customers who care enough about your product to let you know their dissatisfaction, really doesn't seem wise. They can certainly make money doing that, but I'd wonder how much it's costing them. 

Ignore big opportunity cost at your own risk in a space with fleeting popularity and very little brand loyalty. 

I'd also wonder how long it will be until someone just makes a woh knockoff of this game and works to dig into TSB's market share. The shelf life of the 15th ranked (per iOS) sports title ain't exactly long. Would sacrificing five daily events the whales don't care about be worth it then? Seems reasonable to make other events worth while. 

But it's stupid to complain. It's of no benefit to them to provide similar experiences for all angles of the game because someone can buy a player for $30 and only focus on 29 percent of the game. 
    DFBB.   I appreciate your criticism .... but I’ll be me and you be you!!!  Already mentioned the rainbows 🌈 and unicorns 🦄 thing .

As far as the WOH difficulty yes classic is easy.... but you know sometimes I just want to feel like I’m the BMF just like my wallet has on it.
    BOZZCO said:
    DFBB.   I appreciate your criticism .... but I’ll be me and you be you!!!  Already mentioned the rainbows 🌈 and unicorns 🦄 thing .

Y’all been watching the RAID ad too much with all these rainbow and unicorn things. 
    if you get these things, the game will become boring to me. I want a challenge still. It’s why I decided to level up a Prime, just for the challenge. 
    I'm sorry, @Bigpredfan you're a good dude and I enjoy your posts while also respecting and learning from your opinion, even if it might differ from mine. But you wrote earlier you've spent $1,500 on this game and are advocating a challenge. If you want a challenge, play it without spending money. That's not to call you out but just to suggest it as a way to see the perspective of others on the other side of the argument. 

There's a middle ground here. Somewhere that's indicative of a company that's seen its stock price drop hugely in the last month. Might not be a great time to hold firm to previous beliefs. 

And please, before I'm ripped to shreds, let's stop the "don't tell me how to spend my money" nonsense. I come in peace as a friend. Spend money however you want. Or don't spend it. Just understand how the experience, therefore, the perspective, of each side of that decision is vastly different. 
    edited June 2019
    @Cooz19 the problem is, people are playing throughout the week and paying to do so, even though they don't necessarily like it. If they weren't paying and playing, perhaps the devs would recognize a change needs to be made. Woh/bonus games/tournaments are what some of us are holding in higher regard because they can be played without spending dinero yet earning worthwhile rewards. The other events favor spending money while earning less worthy rewards. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Cooz19 said:
    I'm sorry, @Bigpredfan you're a good dude and I enjoy your posts while also respecting and learning from your opinion, even if it might differ from mine. But you wrote earlier you've spent $1,500 on this game and are advocating a challenge. If you want a challenge, play it without spending money. That's not to call you out but just to suggest it as a way to see the perspective of others on the other side of the argument. 

There's a middle ground here. Somewhere that's indicative of a company that's seen its stock price drop hugely in the last month. Might not be a great time to hold firm to previous beliefs. 

And please, before I'm ripped to shreds, let's stop the "don't tell me how to spend my money" nonsense. I come in peace as a friend. Spend money however you want. Or don't spend it. Just understand how the experience, therefore, the perspective, of each side of that decision is vastly different. 
    I understand the difference. I’ve played without spending before. But I think you have me confused with @retirepujols as I think he was the one who said he spent that much. I’m no where near close to that number, in fact I’m under half for sure. 
    edited June 2019
    Yes, I'm the one that's at ~$1,500 and I've got to tell you, the majority of that was spent while I was like these guys- spending to compete in these events that produce little outcome. My mindset has completely changed recently, perhaps that's why I'm partial to these events being a waste. I wasn't enjoying the input to output ratio, and I've changed the way I play and couldn't be happier. To each their own 🤷🏻‍♂️
    @Cooz19 the problem is, people are playing throughout the week and paying to do so, even though they don't necessarily like it. If they weren't paying and playing, perhaps the devs would recognize a change needs to be made. 
    That's too simplistic of a view. I'm not saying this as an insult, just that we truly do not know how many people are playing what. You're right in the sense that if literally no one was playing it, we could expect some kind of response. But we don't know if the usage numbers are up or down, or if it's just flat and even. We just know what people are saying here. I'll counter the notion that Glu doesn't care because there are users spending a bunch of money with the fact their stock has been falling since the release of this game this winter/spring. That doesn't suggest this game is really helping the company's value. 

My point is customers speak loudly by not saying anything, and because of that, it's smart to listen to the ones who ARE talking because they care enough to say something. 
    Cooz19 said:
    @Cooz19 the problem is, people are playing throughout the week and paying to do so, even though they don't necessarily like it. If they weren't paying and playing, perhaps the devs would recognize a change needs to be made. 
    That's too simplistic of a view. I'm not saying this as an insult, just that we truly do not know how many people are playing what. You're right in the sense that if literally no one was playing it, we could expect some kind of response. But we don't know if the usage numbers are up or down, or if it's just flat and even. We just know what people are saying here. I'll counter the notion that Glu doesn't care because there are users spending a bunch of money with the fact their stock has been falling since the release of this game this winter/spring. That doesn't suggest this game is really helping the company's value. 

My point is customers speak loudly by not saying anything, and because of that, it's smart to listen to the ones who ARE talking because they care enough to say something. 
    In the mid 90’s, WWE was awful. But Vince never changes anything. It was bad from 1993-1996. 

Then when Vince started losing viewers to WCW, he changed how the shows were running. Changed the product, and then won the Monday Night Wars. 

Did people complain from 93-96?  Sure!  Did he change anything until he was losing business?  Nope. Complaining is an action that has little to no effect on the bottom line. When people are acting in a way that hurts Glu’s business, then change will happen. 
    I don't think I'm delivering my message appropriately 😂 what I'm trying to say is, if a person is unhappy with the way this game is- by all means provide constructive criticism and ideas to make it better in their eyes- but perhaps that person can stop participating in something they don't necessarily enjoy. It sounds like some people are playing events because they see everyone else playing events, yet are unhappy with the results. Instead of doing what everyone else is doing, try playing the game a different way and see if the experience improves. The only benefit of grinding away to be a top 10 club is... Well, to be a top 10 club. That's really it. Knowing that, you're making a choice to participate knowing that the rewards don't satisfy you. Could Glu make a change? It's possible, I suppose. Could you make a change? That's a 100% guarantee. Personally, I AGREE that the events aren't worthwhile, and I haven't been trying to disagree with that argument. I would LOVE for things to be cheaper. Right now, they aren't. So if you make the decision to participate KNOWING the rewards aren't any good, then that's YOUR DECISION not GLU's "fault." Everyone thinks differently, obviously, I just personally don't understand why someone would continuously do something they don't like/will complain about. 
    The attitude era was something else @Bigpredfan. I can't stand to watch any wrassling nowadays, but as a youngster the attitude era was everything. Well, besides when Mae Young showed her rack 🤮
    edited June 2019
    @Cooz19 the problem is, people are playing throughout the week and paying to do so, even though they don't necessarily like it. If they weren't paying and playing, perhaps the devs would recognize a change needs to be made. Woh/bonus games/tournaments are what some of us are holding in higher regard because they can be played without spending dinero yet earning worthwhile rewards. The other events favor spending money while earning less worthy rewards. 

What’s even crazier is the top clubs spend way more $ on CvC than the actual events. It’s pretty evident when someone scores 250 million in a single match and their high round is like 6 million that they are just pouring mountains of gold into additional rounds to push the score and win.
    edited June 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:

What’s even crazier is the top clubs spend way more $ on CvC than the actual events. It’s pretty evident when someone scores 250 million in a single match and their high round is like 6 million that they are just pouring mountains of gold into additional rounds to push the score and win.
    Yeah, man. And for what? A couple of boxes and pxp? If your club is really up there, then the VIP rewards look nice. Even then, those guys spend more than the VIP rewards are worth 🤷🏻‍♂️ it becomes a game of who spends more money, not a game of better rewards.