My Legend Cost Update Needed

jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
Hey guys,

I’ve played this game a long time but I just joined this forum so please bare with me.

I’m a diamond player with both of my keeper bats capped at d10 and i don’t particularly care much about pitching yet (win about 99% of bgs). Recently i had piled up about 1.5M xp and was hoping to put it to long term use rather than churning through 340 maxes to replace 330 maxes. So i turned my attention to My Legend. I assumed that ML would cost 10x a normal player since thats how it worked in 18’ and through gold level in 19’. However, after taking ML from P1 to D1 i realized that i paid more than i thought for those levels (about 875k vs 670k expected) and that D2 was actually about 18x the cost of a normal player instead of 10x (250k vs 14k for normal player). I shared this with some friends and they pointed out that the 250k would actually be 10x of the 2018 cost (before it was thankfully reduced for 2019). 

So basically here’s what happened: when Glu lowered the cost to level regular players at the platinum and diamond levels in 2019, they forgot to update those levels of ML cost to reflect the lower cost. Seems like a pretty understandable oversight and a quick fix...but it hasn’t been. It took me several very detailed tickets for them to understand that i wasn't simply saying “ML costs too much” and now that they understand what im saying about the 10x cost they have passed it along to the development team and keep pushing to close my ticket. A few of my VIP friends (im not VIP) were nice enough to message them as well. One actually got an admission that it is intended to be 10x at all levels, but then that rep seemed to believe the 18’ cost for regular players was still accurate so they may just need updated resources. 

Anyway, i don't expect it to be fixed despite it being very simple and fair, but i wanted to share this with the community for overall awareness. If you are planning to advance your ML beyond gold in 2019 you will want to refer to your 2018 regular xp player cost spreadsheets for that information. For me that means about 5.5M xp instead of about 3.3M xp...ouch.

Attached are screenshots of D1 regular players from 18’ (Archer) and 19’ (Albies) for reference.

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Myself and another friend inquired about this both through the in app CS as well as customer care here on the forums. I asked point blank if ML is suppose to be 10x of the '19 bxp players or if it's still 10x of '18's cost. Neither agent appeared to understand the issue. Instead, I got a lesson on how different type of players require different xp(prime, regular, custom, etc.). :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    Will addressing legend do be on your list DFBB?   Sometimes I wish I stayed gold. Haha
    BOZZCO said:
    Will addressing legend do be on your list DFBB?   Sometimes I wish I stayed gold. Haha
    For me, the takeaway isn't necessary the details for ML. Regardless of what they intend, as players, we'll adjust accordingly. Instead, it's more evidence that some(many?) agents don't have a basic understanding of the game.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited June 2019

DFBB said:
    BOZZCO said:
    For me, the takeaway isn't necessary the details for ML. Regardless of what they intend, as players, we'll adjust accordingly. Instead, it's more evidence that some(many?) agents don't have a basic understanding of the game.
    CS is designed to close tickets, not be the primary solution-driver for a complex problem (described here as an error in coding). As described, this isn't a ticket-level issue, it's a few steps above that. If the rep had said "we'll forward this to the developer" instead of trying to diagnose the problem (that I imagine is well above his/her pay scale), the complaint here would be focused where it should be; on a massive problem that will affect more users as the season goes on. 

Simply put, acting as if this is a CS issue is grossly missing the forest for the trees. Which issue would you rather have resolved? 

Your understanding of the game (and I'd wager many other aspects of life) might be higher than that of the normal person. What he described isn't at all a basic understanding of the game. That would be "tap the screen to swing the bat" and "'hit rating increases your ability to make contact'" and whatever other messages flash at the bottom of the load screen. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Thank you for posting this, it killed the glimmer of hope I had in the back of my mind of bringing my legend along. I'm glad I saw this before wasting resources and feeling extreme disappointment. 👍🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Sorry if y'all disagree, but until you tell me you sit online discussing the intricate details of your $12.50/hr job (being incredibly generous because they likely offshore that work to Bangalore, where they are not asked to problem-solve, but identify basic issues and keep the line moving), odds are incredible you know far more about this game than the CS reps will. It's true of most businesses. 
    edited June 2019
    Thank you for posting this, it killed the glimmer of hope I had in the back of my mind of bringing my legend along. I'm glad I saw this before wasting resources and feeling extreme disappointment. 👍🏻
    It's disappointing for sure. I have a decent chunk of xp, but was on the fence about it because he currently only has one skill. Come to find out, it's now 10x of '18's cost? Yikes!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Myself and another friend inquired about this both through the in app CS as well as customer care here on the forums. I asked point blank if ML is suppose to be 10x of the '19 bxp players or if it's still 10x of '18's cost. Neither agent appeared to understand the issue. Instead, I got a lesson on how different type of players require different xp(prime, regular, custom, etc.). :(
    I lol’d at this only because he said Custom XP like he got an explanation of what that is 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Making mistakes and discovering disappointments to share with others before they have the same issue has tended to be my role in the TSB world. Glad to help!
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    Great post. I’ve been assuming that I will be bringing mylegend to diamond until now.  Thank you.