VIP Council 2.0 - Another year, another trip (hopefully) to GLU HQ!!!

124Next

Comments

• midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    Biceson44 said:
    Tdub71 said:
    Device settings.  Don't know the path for iOS, but Android is settings>google>ads>opt out of ad personalization.  Just toggle that off/on.  Don't forget to force-close the app, too.

You can also reset your ad id there, but some have warned that doing that too often could get you banned from certain offers.
    Any IOS users out there that can help? I have ad tracking turned off on my phone already. 
    You have to toggle ad tracking on and off a couple times, then restart the app. Try that 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @Biceson44
    When I get the "no more videos" sign, I force-close the game, open settings and flip on ad tracking. Then I open the game, let it get to the main screen, force-close it, open setting and flip ad tracking off. Then open the game, and I'm able to watch videos again. Resetting the advertising identifier seems to bring up more longer videos but that could just be my own experience. 
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    To those going, not that I realistically expect Glu to address this issue.

It would be great if they could set up up separate event timers based on time zone. Right now East coasters who work the traditional 9-5ish hours have a huge advantage over west coaster with the same traditional working hours. I get home between 5-5:30 and have about 3-4 hours of event time left. The East coaster has 6-7 hours left.
    There are plenty of ways they could do this and keep it fair for everyone, could just have us select our time zone and then set up the algorithm to organize the brackets based on time zone. 
    I know it's a long shot as doubtful glu cares about this, but I would be much more inclined to invest in weekday events if I had more time left in the event when I get home. 
  • Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    @Biceson44
    When I get the "no more videos" sign, I force-close the game, open settings and flip on ad tracking. Then I open the game, let it get to the main screen, force-close it, open setting and flip ad tracking off. Then open the game, and I'm able to watch videos again. Resetting the advertising identifier seems to bring up more longer videos but that could just be my own experience. 
    Thanks!
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

I posted this, tried to add images later and it suddenly needed approval. Can't count how many times this happens. It is the most awful piece of software on the web I have ever seen, mobile is absolutely atrocious to view/edit/post etc. God, fix this garbage...

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @Waveburner if you get off at 1730 in California, let's say, then it's 2030 in new york. If the event ends at 2100 in California, that's 0000 in New York. I'm not too sure east coasters have a massive advantage unless they're awake late in to the night daily. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @dustyhunks I've always believed that the platoon advantage matters. Those stats you reference are consistent with that theory, but it's difficult to quantify with events like WoH or CvC. As far as the skills, it's been proven that they don't always activate when they should for prime events and bonus games. There was considerable attention on this topic in '18 and I was disappointed that it didn't get addressed(fixed) for '19. 

Personally, I'm more curious about skills/boosts that I don't believe work at all. In any mode. It's my opinion that pitcher skills do not work as advertised. Instead, they merely pump up your team strength. Some may not remember, but when pitcher skills were introduced, they had zero effect on your team strength. The whole pennants thing has guys on both sides and while I don't believe they work, I'm not particularly firm on my position. It's just really, really difficult to to say one way or another. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    @dustyhunks I've always believed that the platoon advantage matters. Those stats you reference are consistent with that theory, but it's difficult to quantify with events like WoH or CvC. As far as the skills, it's been proven that they don't always activate when they should for prime events and bonus games. There was considerable attention on this topic in '18 and I was disappointed that it didn't get addressed(fixed) for '19. 

Personally, I'm more curious about skills/boosts that I don't believe work at all. In any mode. It's my opinion that pitcher skills do not work as advertised. Instead, they merely pump up your team strength. Some may not remember, but when pitcher skills were introduced, they had zero effect on your team strength. The whole pennants thing has guys on both sides and while I don't believe they work, I'm not particularly firm on my position. It's just really, really difficult to to say one way or another. 
    Pitcher skills are odd indeed. I've noticed that those with the RHB skill and same secondary skill as a pitcher with the LHB skill will perform significantly better than the latter. Could be that there are just more righty's in the game and the LHB skill would never be active anyway at times. I think it's hard to tell in general about pitcher skills possibly because going 9 innings is different with a 350-380 max pitcher than a 525-550 which we are accustomed to. I don't know how stamina plays into the pitching ratings we have. Would be worth getting an explanation on that as well.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I would like to know why it is that my platinum hitters struggle so much during cvc against the same pitchers that a silver level player faces. My club mate dominates cvc and the higher level that I go the worse my score gets. It’s as if he’s being rewarded for staying in silver. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I would like to know why it is that my platinum hitters struggle so much during cvc against the same pitchers that a silver level player faces. My club mate dominates cvc and the higher level that I go the worse my score gets. It’s as if he’s being rewarded for staying in silver. 
    I have been beginning to think about why this is. Everything is fairly decent on my upgrades but one thing, pennants. Could it really be that pennants play a role in cvc?
    Sometimes I think that it’s the algorithm that they set up for each level. A hitter that rated 5 times higher than the pitcher should dominate him. Could you imagine struggling in woh on a pitcher with a rating of 63?  Where’s the sense of balance?
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Sometimes I think that it’s the algorithm that they set up for each level. A hitter that rated 5 times higher than the pitcher should dominate him. Could you imagine struggling in woh on a pitcher with a rating of 63?  Where’s the sense of balance?
    Actually yes :(. For about 2 weeks I had autoplay issues on 2-6 if all places. 2-6!
    2003cobra said:
    I have been beginning to think about why this is. Everything is fairly decent on my upgrades but one thing, pennants. Could it really be that pennants play a role in cvc?
    It changed for me at some point when in silver too (lesser scores) and I only ever had 3 team's pennants maxed when silver, all keeper teams. Same with clash which has been absurd since 19's release for my team in any tier. How does a 100k+ gold team with all capped players score zeros against bronze and silver pitchers? You throw zero gold at it, that's how.
    2003cobra said:
    Actually yes :(. For about 2 weeks I had autoplay issues on 2-6 if all places. 2-6!

I would consider it flawed to say the least. Silver players should not be rewarded for staying silver and others should not be punished for increasing their level. I had issues on level 1 with auto play after cycling. My team is not even close to yours but level 1 and 2 should be a given
  • bocoprobocopro Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    My apologies if this has already been posted as this thread is getting long.
    1) Displaying the pitching arm you are going against in clash, CVC and WOH prior to playing. I’m know you can figure it out and that it might be “part of the game” but it would be an improvement. I have all these random pieces of paper lying around after every week.
    2) Sorting clash pitchers weakest to strongest, rather than randomly. I post the order for my club order every time, but again paper everywhere
    3) Ability to have different players in game day lineup for Right and left starters rather than the same 9 for both. Ie.. I stack all righties against a left handed starter; but going back and forth setting up a lineup every time is tedious.
    4) It would be nice to get gloves for club donations for playing WOH.
    5) Balsamic vinaigrette .
    Thanks @Houmy for your contributions to the forums!
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited July 2019

That's funny, I just posted about this in the other thread about pennants. The guys in the game who are really, really good at CvC (like 50-100 mill round guys) all swear that having pennants and upgrades maxed at your tier is critical to achieve those kind of scores in CvC and Clash.

EDIT: In CvC and Clash the rating of the pitcher matters, but it's not tier-dependent in the sense that if the pitcher is rated 51 and your diamond 3 hitter is rated 283 that you will smash against him. In any tier, you need to have everything maximized - players should be capped, skills as high as you can get them, upgrades and pennants maxed at that tier. The fact that you are Platinum and some other guy is Silver doesn't give you an advantage by itself. If he has all his stuff maxed and his players capped / skills upgraded (and you do not) he will outperform you. At least, this is what I've been told by guys that in my opinion would probably know.
    So it’s a reward to stay silver? How easy is that?and punishment for moving up through the ranks. Seems a little backwards to me but I understand what you are saying. You would tho k that outranking the opposing pitcher by 4 or 5 times that you would perform that much better. 
    @2003cobra ...reward to stay silver in that it's "easier" to have peripherals maxed than in other tiers. We know it's not really advantageous overall though with results of bonus and prime games and ease of cycling WoH compared to other tiers. @JEDDDOGGY is saying it's relative to the quality of your team in it's given tier for lack of a better term.
    I understand that and by no means trying to argue with anybody except for glu. There are plenty of silver teams that cycle. They get the cvc rewards which can mean top players. They can easily level up all aspects of the hitters and teams which helps them to cycle. Where is the incentive to move up? The rewards for cycling d6 are great but if you stay silver then you really don’t need those rewards. So my point is why does glu reward teams for staying silver and punish those that move up?
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yeah, I mean there are various pros and cons to Silver, Gold, Diamond (I think Bronze and Platinum are the two that you want to get out of ASAP). 

It's no coincidence that the elite CvC guys are all gold tier. They aren't going diamond because they'd have to max upgrades and pennants (not to mention keeping a fully capped roster and capping their CvC bonus guys every event also) which would be damn near impossible to do and maintain.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    In 18, I went gold about this time, and camped there.  It was great.  Cheap leveling for new players, and I raked in woh, CVC, and bonus game events.  I don't think I lost a prime game after the All-Star break...
    I am just waiting for POTMs to drop before I move to gold this year, but I am really intrigued by d6 cycling, so I may just push through this year.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    back in the day I could pull down 2k during a work day.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yeah, I mean there are various pros and cons to Silver, Gold, Diamond (I think Bronze and Platinum are the two that you want to get out of ASAP). 

It's no coincidence that the elite CvC guys are all gold tier. They aren't going diamond because they'd have to max upgrades and pennants (not to mention keeping a fully capped roster and capping their CvC bonus guys every event also) which would be damn near impossible to do and maintain.
    I agree firmly with this!
    Tdub71 said:
    I am just waiting for POTMs to drop before I move to gold this year, but I am really intrigued by d6 cycling, so I may just push through this year.
    Last year I did the same as you but wanted more this year so I’m at platinum 6 as of now. My club mates silver team is almost as strong as mine and with resources being so cheap he can max out his cvc reward player in no time. He also doesn’t have to spend as much time or money to play and to continue to take all of the cvc rewards if he wanted. I just won a box and got votto-my favorite player but how much pxp would I need to get him to d10. He also cycles woh. I know that we all play for different reasons but if a player wanted to invest a lot less time and money into this game then I guess that’s the way to go. I might play differently next season. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I rushed to diamond last year long before I should have and my team wasn't bad it just wasn't as good as I could have been, this year my other team that I haven't spent a dime on is firing along very well...I resisted the urge to move to diamond this year for a long time but eventually went, I do slightly regret it. I can't cycle all-star (though close) I try and Play around 50 Bonus games a week or more to keep pushing to GOAT and ill get there but when then? next year Ill sit and stay like a good dog and maybe it will work out.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

Yeah, I only started playing in late May last year, and went gold too early.  Once I got there and saw how easy it was to stack resources, I decided to stay put.  I may stick at gold for a month or so, then push through to diamond.  Seems like platinum =purgatory...