Weakest Positions

zsmiller23zsmiller23 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
Anybody else have a surplus of certain positions and have pretty much none of some of the other positions? I have around 20 outfielders but only 1 or 2 third basemen and shortstops
Prev1

Comments

• lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I don't think i am doing to bad overall, my worst is a 325 2nd base Baez, but i have 3 340 3rd basemen and a surplus of OF on my bench.
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    My weakest position is a SS at max 320 but all my other players are  at least 340max. I have so many of all positions bc I save most of them just in case of future bonus player
  • BIGBOBBY92BIGBOBBY92 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    Yeah I have tons of outfielders and 3 Second basemen and 3 shortstops but I can't get a five-star catcher to save my life, hopefully I can get a Gary Sanchez card from the all star boxes.
    https://discord.gg/E2zHYq Tap Sports Baseball Discord I help run
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @BIGBOBBY92
    this is where trades would be awesome! Or some sort of free agent bidding system (though I am sure there would be exploits made to any system). Prime Posey, Sanchez and Molina. 
  • Bighead38Bighead38 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    Yup. I can’t get a 5 star catcher and need 2 5 star bullpen pitchers. Everyone else is 5 star. Had a ton of outfielders and second basemen so I traded some in since I never have the right edition of a player for bonus points there was no point in keeping them. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I'm pretty bad at keeping players around, and I just trade them in as soon as I don't need them. So, I guess I'm short on everything, but I could use an upgrade at ss. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Yeah I have tons of outfielders and 3 Second basemen and 3 shortstops but I can't get a five-star catcher to save my life, hopefully I can get a Gary Sanchez card from the all star boxes.
    I'm with you.  I've been stuck with 4-star Wilson Ramos since maybe week 3.  One day they'll give us a catcher!
    Just no.  
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I am actually weakest at OF.  I have a ton of them, but will still be starting 2 340 max players after POTM Riley drops any minute now.  Of course my bullpen is lousy, but want you gonna do...

Edit:. I am starting 350 max or better at all SP, C through SS, and DH.
  • zsmiller23zsmiller23 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    I always keep the bonus players in case they become bonus players in the future, but I just can’t seem to get a decent third baseman or shortstop. I finally got Suarez from walk off last night but prior to that it was 325 overall Yandy Diaz
    If y’all don’t have a catcher y’all not playing the game right 😂😂  They gave us one in WOH last week  @Bighead38 @FrankTheTank04
    @UltimateWarrior a lot of people haven't figured out how to get through woh and struggle with it. Having said that, Wolters has been huge for me 👍🏻 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    True but if your on here you got to use the knowledge these dudes DFBB and Houmy be preaching @retirepujols
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    It took me a while to get a 3B, but now that’s all i seem to get. I had POM Devers, then Prime Bryant, and now I get Suarez. Posiitonally, I’m doing ok. I’m looking to replace one of my OF, but he is a lefty so I’m keeping him. 

Relief pitching is where I’m struggling. I have 5 great starting pitchers, but only 2 strong relievers. One of which is just regular Hader.
    100% agree @UltimateWarrior
    edited July 2019
    @sullipa8 if your starting five are pitching all nine innings almost every game, relievers aren't all that important outside of a solid closer.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I have a great SS but I can’t level up prime Correa so that’s my weakest position player
    If y’all don’t have a catcher y’all not playing the game right 😂😂  They gave us one in WOH last week  @Bighead38 @FrankTheTank04
    lol I can't cycle classic and I don't get players from boxes.  It is what it is.  Oh wait, I got Pivetta today... WOW!!  Can't wait to see what 4.5 star players I can pull this weekend.  Hopefully more Jocs.  Didn't get enough of that guy the first time.
    Just no.  
    It’s  going to get better bro! Post your team tomorrow so we can see if we can get you some help through WOH. No man left behind! @FrankTheTank04
  • marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    I still have a 4.5 star second baseman, 257 max third baseman
    Ha will do @UltimateWarrior.  It's not a great one, but I'm sure you pros can figure out a way to work with it.  I do have the list saved that DFBB made, so I have that as a reference.  It's awesome stuff.  Helped me get through warmup the week they had Austin Meadows.  Luckiest box ever.
    Just no.  
  • WheelsOfSteelWheelsOfSteel Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    Catcher is the toughest position to find a top end talent, for me anyway.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    This is still fairly accurate. I know that classic is exactly the same
  • DigemDigem Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    Cant land a good SS. 325 Call Up Tucker still, every other position is 340+ recently was even worse off at 3B until Suarez. 

I had a struggle to find a Catcher (same as last yr so I made my legend a Catcher) and within about a week or two i landed Molina, Dodgers catcher, Wolters, and Prime Posey. Equally inconvenient haha
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    They haven't put out a decent 2B in WoH Classic/Royale in awhile. My only starter still at 325 max. The last few players have been helpful. Beaty especially. Love his hit rating. 
  • marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    @Scott1874 check out WOH !!
  • zsmiller23zsmiller23 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    @scottpdann It’s as if they heard you!
    @FrankTheTank04 how did you fair today?
    @UltimateWarrior Haven't played a ton yet, but I did get to Triggs at 3.6 I think and lost twice.  Second time was a lovely 12 extra innings only to lose... with Meadows.  I'll post my team in a minute... or 60
    Just no.  
    edited July 2019
    This is what I'm working with @UltimateWarrior. Wilson Ramos for life!  I dunno.  And I could switch out Altuve and Yelich for maybe Tatis Jr with WoH skill or maybe PotM Bellinger or PotW Arenado. 
    Just no.  
  • cuseC08cuseC08 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Same here. Stuck with a 4 star catcher forever.