Fix the camera panning bug

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
So this bug, camera panning continuously after the round and forfeiting your points, has ben around for a long time and hasn't really bothered me in the past. What bothers me though is that GLU know about it but others have reported getting a "wifi connection" response from CS. And the interesting part? Even though my contribution is a big fat zero the club still has points which is higher than what I put up (only one playing).

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    So this bug, camera panning continuously after the round and forfeiting your points, has ben around for a long time and hasn't really bothered me in the past. What bothers me though is that GLU know about it but others have reported getting a "wifi connection" response from CS. And the interesting part? Even though my contribution is a big fat zero the club still has points which is higher than what I put up (only one playing).

The total you have scored is exactly your score plus 15%
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Bigpredfan and the pitcher I scored against showed he hadn't been played yet. But going back to your 15% comment, maybe we should hope for the bug then to get the extra 15%? 🤔
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    FWIW, I experienced this last weekend for first time after a huge round and am fairly confident it was in fact a Wi-Fi issue. Long story, I'm setting up a couple devices to get wireless to my back yard (bridging an air gap) and could see in logs at same time panning happened my phone disassociate from main AP and associate to test AP. I could probably replicate it and capture to see the connection resets. I always forget and roam into the kitchen during WoH this last week and would get the spinning circle when selecting batter like WTTTFFF and remember it's the network on device essentially going down and coming back up as it hops between AP's. At least I don't lose progress in that mode.
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    I've had this issue in '18.  Maybe there is a wifi issue, maybe three isn't.  Glu needs to make the app more robust in this area.  It's certainly not handling that condition gracefully by panning until the end of time.
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    These are the kinds of bugs that should be fixed prior to releasing new versions of the game, as this used to happen to me in '18 all the time. Instead, we get animated fireworks for opening boxes. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    edited July 2019
    You mean you don’t like fireworks 💥 ?! 😂😂  Bugs happen I get that but this one gets me sick to my stomach when you score so high and this screen shows up. I end up y sitting there like a dumb 🐴 for 5min waiting for it to go back to main menu so my points will count only to end up wasting precious time and having to force close it
    These are the kinds of bugs that should be fixed prior to releasing new versions of the game, as this used to happen to me in '18 all the time. Instead, we get animated fireworks for opening boxes. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
    This is a pretty obvious one. Makes me think the issue is either hardware or operating system layer. Like I said, first time I have experienced it in iOS and I'm confident it was network related. Would be worth knowing if it plagues you Android users more or not but given the lag issues (also almost certain it's network (OS) or CPU optimization (hardware) as well) I would not be surprised if that's the case.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    It’s been around forever, experience it with the same regularity in android on multiple devices, data or wifi...iOS rarely happens but it has occurred 
    It's all done with mirrors
    Which makes sense. With Apple, you're pretty well established in the ecosystem meaning the hardware set is smaller and can be programmed for accordingly. Though better today than in not too distant past Android is fractured by manufacturer, device hardware and OS version. Some manufacturers skimp on hardware outside of CPU. Not sure how often this happens anymore but I've seen people buy new Android phones even a couple years ago that didn't have ac capability OR, worse yet, 5ghz capable Wi-Fi chips. I'm no Glu apologist but the issues people are seeing in Android in general are probably related to this.