2x gold videos are back!!!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Get it!!!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• theguththeguth Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Yes sir! Long overdue!
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Is there a cap that we know of yet? 
  • Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    Beat me to it!!!!
  • sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    Sshhhhhhh!!!  They might notice and turn it off. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Thank you, Glu! I'm hugely appreciating this. 

If it's not too much to ask, you have any connection into Sophia from the Last Second Tickets ads? If you do, tell her I love her work. 😁
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Noice! I'm waiting to see what else comes today 😁
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I'm sensing the daily cap is still there though.... might just be racing to it faster!
  • BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Go outside and get some sun you zip! Have a 🍺 
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    I reached the cap 20 minutes into the videos
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Does anyone have an updated perspective on the use of the "Reset Advertising Filter" trick?  I've been doing it for months without any repercussions.  My personal view is that the so-called "cap" is set by advertisers, not by Glu.  The more videos we watch, the more money Glu makes, so it doesn't make sense that they would throttle our consumption.  For anyone who wants to throw caution to the wind...in your iPhone settings, go to "Privacy", "Advertising" and then you can "Reset Advertising Identifier" and toggle on/off the "Limit Ad Tracking Button".  This works for me 100% of the time.  
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    There's still a cap on videos for those who were wondering.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I don't even reset ad id much anymore.  I just toggle off the ad tracking, force-close the app, and re-open.  Usually works fine until I get the "video not available", then I toggle back on, force-close, re-open, etc, etc, etc 
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    Does anyone have an updated perspective on the use of the "Reset Advertising Filter" trick?  I've been doing it for months without any repercussions.  My personal view is that the so-called "cap" is set by advertisers, not by Glu.  The more videos we watch, the more money Glu makes, so it doesn't make sense that they would throttle our consumption.  For anyone who wants to throw caution to the wind...in your iPhone settings, go to "Privacy", "Advertising" and then you can "Reset Advertising Identifier" and toggle on/off the "Limit Ad Tracking Button".  This works for me 100% of the time.  
    Yes, I contacted glu customer services this morning and they told me that indeed, the advertising is putting the cap on videos, and not glu. I'm pretty sure glu won't ban you for resetting advertising ID, as it generates them a bunch more revenue. However, I'm not completely sure if they will ban you, so don't blame me if u get banned XD
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    I've been resetting my advertising ID for a couple years with no repercussions. @RetirePujols said he messaged CS and they said you wouldn't get jailed over it. As a side note, been reading a lot about using one device. I've been switching my team back and forth on my phone and tablet since '17 with no repercussions. 
    ~UNAGI~
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Ebiggz said:
    I've been resetting my advertising ID for a couple years with no repercussions. @RetirePujols said he messaged CS and they said you wouldn't get jailed over it. As a side note, been reading a lot about using one device. I've been switching my team back and forth on my phone and tablet since '17 with no repercussions. 
    I have never been able to switch from ipad to iphone
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Sounds logical to me.  The "cap" is not real and we all have access to unlimited videos, we just have to be willing to be inconvenienced by the workaround.  I don't know about you, but I plan to get rich this weekend!
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    edited July 2019
    tocopan18 said:
    Ebiggz said:
    I had a Motorola in' 17 and Google pixel 2xl the last 2 years. Tablet has been a galaxy S2.
    ~UNAGI~
    edited July 2019
    Tdub71 said:
    I don't even reset ad id much anymore.  I just toggle off the ad tracking, force-close the app, and re-open.  Usually works fine until I get the "video not available", then I toggle back on, force-close, re-open, etc, etc, etc 
    This has worked for me 100 percent of the time. If Glu was restricting video plays, it would never work for anyone. It's likely a combo of your data and available advertisers for your demo.

I've run far more than 125 videos, and I've toggled ad tracker twice to get past video not available (I find resetting ad ID brings back more 30 second ads because the machine is hooked to the most profitable ads based on your info. My info now is hooked to many shorter ads so the balance is better). 

You cannot be jailed for determining on your own whether to be targeted for ads or to reset the tracking info on your phone. It's your legal right in the US to make that choice (more specifically mobile devices are required to give you the ability to opt out of tracking). 

If you are jailed, and you know for certain that's why you were jailed, file a complaint with Google Play or the App Store. 
  • zsmiller23zsmiller23 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    Thank the baseball Gods!
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Great, they are back just in time for Glu to send me ads that won’t play and just close out. It happened multiple times last night. I tired for the double gold this morning and same thing. The ad loads like you clicked play, but then closes after one second without playing anything. For the video boosts or restart yesterday, I’d lose the boost/restart option without the reward. For gold today, it just comes back and says “No Thanks” as if I did nothing. I can see the X in the corner and see that little hand indicating the ad tracker. But then it closes. This really sucks.
    Try hard-resetting your device, @sullipa8. On iPhone hold down the home and close buttons together and keep them held down until the Apple logo appears. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Ebiggz said:
    Indeed, I even posted their response to me on one of these threads 👍🏻 just remember, these CS reps seem to all be working with different variations to the rules and inner workings of the game 😂 so there's a chance the rep I spoke with didn't know what they were talking about 🤷🏻‍♂️ good enough for me 😁
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    Ebiggz said:
    I wasn’t able to in the ‘18 version, but in the ‘19 version I am able too.