Struggling with woh (classic)? Try this. UPDATED

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
edited July 2019 in General TSB Discussion
EDIT: UPDATED FOR 07/24 ROYALE AND 07/22

@dfbb, @Bigpredfan, and many others have shared numerous tips and strategies for this event. I know there are still a lot of people that struggle with woh, so I just wanted to add a little something to the discussion in the hopes of helping you get past the wall. I'm not going to cover all of the things that are plastered all over this thread, I just wanted to share the order of BATTERS I use. 

1L= lefty with highest hit rating (including skills)
1R= righty with highest hit rating (including skills)
2-infinite should be obvious 

Level 1:
1. 7L/5R
2. 6L/4R
3. 5L
4. 4L
5. 3R
6. 3L
7. 2R
8. 1R
9. 2L
10. 1L

Level 2:
1. 7L/5R
2. 6L/4R
3. 5L
4. 3R
5. 4L
6. 3L
7. 2R
8. 2L
9. 1R
10. 1L

Level 3:
1. 5L
2. 4L
3. 3L
4. 5R
5. 2L
6. 1L
7. 2R
8. 1R
9. 4R
10. 3R

Level 4:
1. 7L/5R
2. 6L/4R
3. 5L
4. 3R
5. 4L
6. 1L
7. 2L
8. 3L
9. 2R
10. 1R

Royale Level 5:
1. 9L/5R
2. 8L/4R
3. 7L/3R
4. 6L/2R
5. 5L
6. 4L
7. 3L
8. 2L
9. 1R
10. 1L

Monday Level 5:
1. 6L/5R
2. 5L
3. 4L
4. 3L
5. 4R
6. 3R
7. 2R
8. 2L
9. 1L
10. 1R

of course, not everyone has 7 lefties, righties can easily win those earlier matchups vs right handed pitchers and vice versa. I hope this makes sense 👍🏻 

Here's the updated pitching chart:

For the above Royale, 5.8 is now a RHP as well. 

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
Prev1345

Comments

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I think this is very helpful. Great organizational strategy, and it combines a general overview with a simple plug-and-chug direction. 

This might be a dumb question, but switch hitters have the same hit rating on both sides, right? I think ML is my No. 1 vs L and R now that he got boosted. I suppose that kind of situation would just be handled at the user's discretion?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    It depends, cooz. For example, I have marte who is a switch hitter but has double lhp skills, so he's worlds better as a righty than as a lefty. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    I think this is very helpful. Great organizational strategy, and it combines a general overview with a simple plug-and-chug direction. 

This might be a dumb question, but switch hitters have the same hit rating on both sides, right? I think ML is my No. 1 vs L and R now that he got boosted. I suppose that kind of situation would just be handled at the user's discretion?
    What’s the skill?
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I love this list.  Thank you @retirepujols   Also love the list by @DFBB.  I didn't win, but I got to Sale numerous times and got to Arrieta once and lost.  That's some progress.  One day... she will be mine.
    Just no.  
    You'll get it on Monday, @FrankTheTank04!!
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Do you use Encarnacion on Sale? @FrankTheTank04
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Spending a buttload of cash and gold helps too....  ;)
  • tonybaiktonybaik Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    I think increasing skill(s) is the key. I have prime double left hand skills Altuve and did not have any problems to face Sales. My Altuve is silver capped. However, I tried to turn off these skills from him and realized Sales gave me only hard sliders and I failed to pass him. Increase skills if your player is good enough.
  • tonybaiktonybaik Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    tonybaik said:
    I think increasing skill(s) is the key. I have prime double left hand skills Altuve and did not have any problems to face Sales. My Altuve is silver capped. However, I tried to turn off these skills from him and realized Sales gave me only hard sliders and I failed to pass him. Increase skills if your player is good enough.
    I am sorry... No way to turn off skills... Skills are important but this time I did not have instant boost. I have double skills but at the same time I always watch vid to boost instantly. I did not watch vid and Sales gave me all the hard sliders.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    This is probably obvious to most, but I've had a lot of success recently trying to hit all fastballs to the opposite field, which allows me to still crush change-ups.  I basically swing at everything that's straight and lay off everything else (curves, sliders, etc.).  My hitters still hit a ton of HRs to the opposite field and as an added bonus, the defense constantly over-shifts on the infield so that are lots of easy hits to be had just hitting a slow ground ball to the opposite field.
    This is probably obvious to most, but I've had a lot of success recently trying to hit all fastballs to the opposite field, which allows me to still crush change-ups.  I basically swing at everything that's straight and lay off everything else (curves, sliders, etc.).  My hitters still hit a ton of HRs to the opposite field and as an added bonus, the defense constantly over-shifts on the infield so that are lots of easy hits to be had just hitting a slow ground ball to the opposite field.
    All I do is hit the other way. HRs are on a line just to the opposite side of second. Won't swing at anything that isn't straight unless there's two strikes and two outs but I'm usually force-closing the app at that point anyway. 
    Cooz19 said:

What’s the skill?
    I wasn't thinking, @Bigpredfan. Turns out it really was a stupid question 😂 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Force-closing the app with two strikes and two outs?  Are you saying that you can avoid losing and instead restart the level when the app reloads?  If so, mind blown!
    @UltimateWarrior Yep I used him on Sale.  Got the tie run a lot, but only won once.  Might not have his skills high enough since he is one of my keepers and it costs 25 evo, but maybe I'll use some I have and go up some points.
    Just no.  
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    All I do is hit the other way. HRs are on a line just to the opposite side of second. Won't swing at anything that isn't straight unless there's two strikes and two outs but I'm usually force-closing the app at that point anyway. 
    Please share why you force close @Cooz19
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Some people think that force closing will reset the bad rng they're experiencing. No idea if it works, but Not much to lose other than maybe a minute.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    whynot said:
    Please share why you force close @Cooz19
    @whynot@DFBB anger, mostly. Possibly rage. Shoulda written rage-quit. Yeah, that's the reason. 
    @FrankTheTank04 tomorrow's should be the same as this for levels 1-4, but level 5 would be:

1. 6L
    2. 5L
    3. 4L
    4. 3L
    5. 4R
    6. 3R
    7. 1R
    8. 1L
    9. 2R
    10. 2L
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    This should be accurate unless the last 4 change
  • HomicidalAppleHomicidalApple Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    This should be accurate unless the last 4 change
    This is awesome to have thanks to OP and everyone for this info 
    @2003cobra yes, sir! I just tried to show the batters I use for woh in hopes that it will help some people out 👍🏻 (i.e. getting stuck on 3.8 trying to use their 3rd best righty available) 
    @retirepujols Thanks kind sir!  Maybe I can finally beat some classic.  Hopefully I have some videos.  It's hard to stop clicking for double gold.

@2003cobra Thanks for that one as well.  
    Just no.  
    We are here to help. Pujols makes a great point-certain pitchers are harder than others and u might need your best hitter in a situation that’s not round 10 on that level
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised if the pitchers are different today since it's a new month and the keepers were just boosted.
  • HOKAHEYHOKAHEY Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    This is great now to see if I can beat it 
    HOKAHEY said:
    This is great now to see if I can beat it 
    Post your lineup and maybe some experts can help you out
    @2003cobra or anyone...I haven't changed anything from the lineup I used to max club points this weekend. ML is a C. I got the prime players this weekend so this is my first WOH with them. 

Pay attention to the pitching chart and stick with the righty lefty matchups and you will be fine. I took a screenshot of it to keep in my photos so it’s easy to find
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @Cooz19 you should be able to make it through classic with no problem. I think you need a few more Lefty hitters for DTI since most of 4,5 level you use a lot of them.
    DTI would give him trouble for sure. Not enough lefties in the lineup although the first few you can do righty against righty and get by with that