CVC Help

sta4rrsta4rr Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
How do you dominate CVC consistently? There are guys that win MVP all the time as well as Highest Round. Whats the catch? I would like to have some insight about it. 

Comments

• scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    edited June 2019
    There are three ways you can approach it. All three include maximizing free video boosts. I always autoplay
    1. Spend Gold on the 500 starting multiplier, and when you have a good round, spend the 50-100-200 (prefer to video replay the 200) to keep playing. 
    2. Buy boxes to ensure you have a bonus player. If you're lucky, you have won them in WoH. 
    3. Buy the subscription. I believe it is $9.99 a week. This isn't in my budget.

I usually leverage the bonus players when I have them and throw some Gold at it when I am lucky enough to have one. Every couple of weeks the planets align and this can happen. Also there are times when I end up spending as much gold as I would have for the boxes. The CvC rewards tend to be better though. I also spend gold and lose some times. 

I try to be careful to get greedy and give other club members a chance. Although, I have my greedy moments. I have been snaked at the last minute out of a win by club members more often I have been the snake. Karma is a bitch sometimes. I also step up if we are about to lose a round and nobody is really trying to take the win. But if I see someone who rarely wins in the lead, I try to step back and play enough to get the team win reward. 

I hope that helps. 

• mmorri24mmorri24 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Yea man, I gotta agree with Scott, he pretty much nailed the important stuff, but I might add a few things. I am a big fan of cvc, and would always manual play every ticket, but it seems like the highest scores use autoplay. Also, if you didn't know, check the news area for the cvc bonus guys. It's pretty huge to have them, especially with the 500 multiplier. Also, a thing Scott didn't touch on was to change your batting order to put those bonus multiplier guys first. You get a hit with them, you can get up to like an 800 multiplier to go through your order. 

If you're talking about someone in your club that is always dominating, hate to say it, but it's time to find a new club. It's kinda messed up for him to take all the rounds without sharing them with rest of club. It's hard to find a good club that shares rewards as long as you're putting up effort in the other club events. 

I haven't actually seen what the cvc event subscription is or what it has to offer, but I don't think I'd recommend it if your club isn't posting top 10 or something in each total event. 40 bucks a month is quite a bit. It's just as important to just try to win each hourly game since the rewards are usually something to help you with the other events, like bonus boxes. But to do that, find a club that isn't greedy. That's your best bet. Good luck
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited June 2019
    @mmorri24 the $10/week CVC subscription can easily be cheaper than chasing bonus players. Yesterday, for example, I didn't have a single CVC bonus player. I took 3 rounds of highround/MVP by autoplaying two entries using video boosts, and let a clubmate have the other round for putting in the effort. $10~1,000 gold, I believe the stros boxes were 700 a piece? I got 6 of them from winning MVP, making up for that $10 this week (and that's just one day of CVC). That's a lot cheaper than hunting for bonus players 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • mmorri24mmorri24 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Yea I see what you're saying. I wondered what that subscription did for teams. It actually doesn't mention much when you click on the info for it. I wonder if they intentionally left it vague so people try it. Can you explain what it does more? Maybe post a picture or 2 of what it looks like, I'd appreciate it since not much info can be found about it for 2019.

Thanks
    I'll post a screenshot when the next CVC match starts. Going off of memory, the video boosts give me (I believe) 25% hit increase and x600 multiplier. If spending gold, 50 gold gives you 45% hit increase and 40 gold gives you a x1500 multiplier. I don't remember the cheaper gold boost options right now, but usually just one or two entries with video boosts give me the points to win. When it's a tougher matchup, I might spring for the x1500 boost and another 25% hitting boost. On a good day I'll grab a bonus player from my first mvp reward and the video boosts plus the bonus player as my first hitter can nab me millions of points in one entry 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
     @mmorri24 this is what you get with the cvc subscription 👍🏻
  • ClericTavenClericTaven Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I can not afford Gold bar boosts, but I do have a handful of strong Baseball players.
    From a technical aspect, be aware of the opposing pitchers used. Depending on your device’s hourglassing prior to picking a boost, if to even watch a video or not. (My iPad tends to crash randomly after the Ad video plays).
    As suggested, manually load your batting order. I set heavy hitters and if you have a Both (switch hitter), consider their benefit in CvC. Next, I set an alarm for both start and end (not always just 1 hour). While I can claim to having posted a worthy MvP score, I do forget to check the between club win, before the next scheduled match. I have not had High scores using Autoplay so I do tend to Tap them out.
    I agree with the other posters; although, my Club has folks whom post incredibly high scores, better them instead of the opposing club!
    [There’s another whole thread about Club hoppers. Basically, Join a sleeper club and collect the rewards. It would be nice if GLU could prevent it ie Dropping a club, you can NOT join another until the current CvC has completed its schedule].
    ~ Andrew
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
    TSB19 - SF bay Area
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I'll post a screenshot when the next CVC match starts. Going off of memory, the video boosts give me (I believe) 25% hit increase and x600 multiplier. If spending gold, 50 gold gives you 45% hit increase and 40 gold gives you a x1500 multiplier. I don't remember the cheaper gold boost options right now, but usually just one or two entries with video boosts give me the points to win. When it's a tougher matchup, I might spring for the x1500 boost and another 25% hitting boost. On a good day I'll grab a bonus player from my first mvp reward and the video boosts plus the bonus player as my first hitter can nab me millions of points in one entry 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Yeah I'm trying it out this week.  Used my video boosts, since my vids are working now for some reason, maybe because I made a purchase I dunno, but I accidentally scored 750k from my autoplay lol.  I can only imagine the damage the x1500 would've done.  The guy in my club who takes all the CvC boxes with his x500 is pouting, but I don't care.  Now he's just putting up 10 and 20 points a round, kinda funny.
    Just no.  
    Good for you, Frank! Sharing is caring 😂 also, I hope everyone realizes the video boosts reset every 30 minutes (meaning you can play a free double boosted game toward the beginning of the matchup and another toward the end). 👍🏻
    Good for you, Frank! Sharing is caring 😂 also, I hope everyone realizes the video boosts reset every 30 minutes (meaning you can play a free double boosted game toward the beginning of the matchup and another toward the end). 👍🏻
    Oh I do  :)   I don't think my club knows it though... and I'm fine with that.  One day I might have a good team.  Got nothing from the 4 boxes won today, well, pxp, but I still have zero prime players.  Also the guy who drives up the CvC points doesn't put up points for the club, yet he plays every CvC… I don't get it.  Do people usually go around building their team, but not play events?
    Just no.  
    I do both, and I've found that the harder I drive to build my team the more club points I put up 🤷🏻‍♂️ not really prime games, those are next to useless, but woh/bonus games/tournaments help both myself and my club loads. 
    I also do both, but not a ton on weekends.  Such worthless rewards.  That guy just won't help out though on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, the three easiest days to get gold from tier 6.  Maybe I should just kick everyone out and try being a one man club lol
    Just no.  
    edited June 2019
    Are you the leader of your club, @FrankTheTank04? If so you can try updating the description of your club to reflect active participation being mandatory, and if that member doesn't comply and there's a good reason to kick them 🤷🏻‍♂️ also, feel free to let me know when your club is close to leveling up 😁 I needs that pink crack, err.. Evo.
    Yeah I'm the leader @retirepujols. When that guy really annoys me I'll let him know.  Also, if it says "complete" then I don't need to donate anymore, right?  If so, then my club just needs a trillion more gloves to level up to gold 8 lol.  I can let you know when it's closer, there's always a bot to kick.
    Just no.  
    😂😂 yes, complete means you have enough of that item to level up. Gloves is what everyone's after 😊
    :D Just making sure!  Been playing since 17 and never knew.  Would just donate so I could open lots of club boxes for blue money(think I ended up with a little over 20mil) and franchise coins... my personal favorite!
    Just no.  
    Ah, yes. The beloved franchise coin. Such a treasure 🤩
    Uh oh, I think that guy found out the secret.  He just beat me in CvC.  Doh! lol
    Just no.  
  • Boomdawg82ndBoomdawg82nd Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    The CVC subscription is absolutely worth it if you can afford it. Using the subscription you can easily put up several million rounds. That's how all the big boys do it. That and stacking up bonus players. You can put up a ton of points in CVC that way. 
  • azholedewazholedew Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    I’ve seen a huge difference in scores after a subscription purchase. We now have a few guys with the subscription in our club and always take top 25 on cvc.  Also agree put your bonus guy first and autoplay. 
  • Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    Bat bonus guys first
    save CvC skills or double CvC skill guys and ply them even if not normally good enough (I have a double CvC (8/8) and isn’t good enough to be on my bench but I use him exclusively in CvC)
    autoplay with both bonus videos at 1min and 50min so you can do this twice
    watch the video to get another out on a solid round
    try to use switch and L hits. Focus on hit. Realign lineup sometimes for this.
  • doso604doso604 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Bat bonus guys first
    save CvC skills or double CvC skill guys and ply them even if not normally good enough (I have a double CvC (8/8) and isn’t good enough to be on my bench but I use him exclusively in CvC)
    autoplay with both bonus videos at 1min and 50min so you can do this twice
    watch the video to get another out on a solid round
    try to use switch and L hits. Focus on hit. Realign lineup sometimes for this.
    Hey Superapids or anyone else on here... are there legends CVC skill guys? which are double CVC ones? sorry newish to the game