All-Star Breakout Box vs. All Superstars Box

blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
New boxes are available... which box should you buy and why?
Prev13

Comments

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    TBH, these boxes are a little underwhelming.
  • atlbraves13atlbraves13 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    All Superstars box has better skills imo

Have a hard time upgrading primes though
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Trout or DJ would make my roster. Other than that.....meh
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Is this the worst box odds to date yet. 16% vs 8% that seems a little crappy to me
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Couldn't help myself and bought one box and was hoping for anyone but a pitcher 🤬🤬🤬. Oh well, better luck hopefully with the boxes potentially being in the VIP gifts today!!!

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• DigemDigem Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    Is this the worst box odds to date yet. 16% vs 8% that seems a little crappy to me
    Yeah the breakout box odds looks horrible. But I want Jorge so I'll pull too many boxes, add a crack to my phone screen, and drink a few beers.

Then repeat.
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    There's soo many prime players and the pxp is still so hard to come by. If u stay silver or gold it's worth it but platinum or diamond they sit on the bench
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’d buy them if the mystery box section wasn’t blank.
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I've opened about 25 boxes, combined, and I pulled McCann, Verlander, and DeGrom x2
    ~UNAGI~
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Yea not my cup of tea.  The gold hoarding continues
  • Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    I saved up 32k for this weekend and I’m really not tempted to spend any of it
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Yea I think I am in the same boat depending on fan rewards are if they happen.  The past two days I open 10 all star boxes 5 potw and 1 potm and got not one player
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I know they couldn’t get every All Star, but rather disappointed Gallo isn’t in the breakout box. I would buy boxes if he was in there.
  • Bighead38Bighead38 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    Yea I think I am in the same boat depending on fan rewards are if they happen.  The past two days I open 10 all star boxes 5 potw and 1 potm and got not one player

Same here just about. Opened about 10 boxes yesterday and got 1 player. Just opened 3 today and only got prime xp. Which is useless for me since I don’t have any prime players. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Like most boxes, it's about buying in bulk. If you're able to do that, buying a lot will give you a Prime player plus a good amount of Prime xp. Odds are good you won't gain enough to level one deep into gold, but Prime players are long-play. The fact they're putting several pxp options in there, including the highest odds, makes it worth the investment (especially during a double gold period). 
    I'm starting to fall off the mythical 2200-wins-in silver cliff, and starting pitching is becoming a big problem, so I'm buying hoping to get one or two of those. I can definitely see it not being worth it for others. 
  • blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    I bought 3 boxes and got Moustakas and 2 x Dejong
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Damn...so many prime players!  Unfortunately I can’t afford to level them. Oh well
    I have 380 Prime SS Segura maxed, a 380 Prime 3B Tony Two Bags at B1 (Rendon), and a S1 400 Prime OF Yelich that I'd love to level but have no PXP. Thinking of trading in Rendon for the Prime XP, since I doubt I'll ever level it.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    40k in gold down trying to chase Trout. Me has no Trout 😭 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I love taking a day off from work. Im watching “The Kardashians” and click clicking the gold vids. Don’t judge me! 🤗
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I know they couldn’t get every All Star, but rather disappointed Gallo isn’t in the breakout box. I would buy boxes if he was in there.
    Man, I hoping for the same.  I just want a Gallo.  Tried for that prime when he was there, but nothing :(
    Just no.  
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    And I bought 5 boxes and got pxp x3, DeJong, and DeGrom.  My first prime.  Yay?
    Just no.  
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Any chance the much hyped all star boxes will be better on Monday/Tuesday?

Been a steaming pile of crap so far unless you can level multiple primes. I bought 10 of the breakout boxes out of sheer boredom, got prime Minor, like I'll level a prime SP any time soon. Decided to buy POTM boxes before fan rewards kicked in again, but sadly did not get Blackmon. I did get Alonso and Hader from 6 boxes, was hoping for an extra bat but not terrible luck. I'm used to having POTM Alonso anyways as I had the April one too.
    Opened 8 of the superstars box and got no primes. Got two bxp players with terrible skills
  • zsmiller23zsmiller23 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    The Superstar box players have way better skills than the Breakout box players in my opinion
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    snowy24 said:
    I love taking a day off from work. Im watching “The Kardashians” and click clicking the gold vids. Don’t judge me! 🤗
    Wife is watching Euphoria. This show is pointless. But I am crushing videos, so I feel ya, @snowy24. Unlocked a huge vein of 5 second ads a bit ago. 
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Glu is screwing us big time this year (like any other year but worse this year). Last year the all star boxes had many blue XP players that were pretty high ranked anyways as compared to current players. Like saying every all-star now would be 400+
    This few bxp players in these boxes are all 350, which is the same crap we had in the top bxp players before the all-star boxes came.
    Come on GLU, you can do better than that.
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    The Superstar box players have way better skills than the Breakout box players in my opinion
    Yah but the only blue xp players who would make my roster are the pitchers. So personally I tried for the starter in the breakout box instead of the reliever in the superstar one. But I think both boxes suck. 
    I’m just upset that this day did not live up to expectations at all. The Vip gift was very underwhelming, the new update never came out, and the thought that we would be getting bxp players that were 400+ overall did not happen.

Very disappointing day...
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    Needed a SS bad. Spent 5k gold and boom!! Stoked!
    Need more Living Legends!
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Today 8 superstar boxes : DJ x2, McCann, Hand
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.