Options

So I got All Star Hunter Pence but...

marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts

Well, what do I do? I’m so lost, he’s literally the only prime I DIDNT need in that box 
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    BIGBOBBY92BIGBOBBY92 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    Odd flex but ok
    https://discord.gg/E2zHYq Tap Sports Baseball Discord I help run
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Meh.  In your case I would trade him in, unless you NEED him for woh.  Pxp is starting to get easier to come by, but Molitor will continue to grow, and Pence won't.

I had a similar, but less troublesome, decision when I pulled Pence.  I had to bench prime Ohtani (s10-capped) to make room for him.  Higher max and double-lhp skills won out, though.

I was also going gold today, so it wasn't a killer.
  • Options
    @BIGBOBBY92 haha😂
  • Options
    @Tdub71 you’re right, after I posted this I remembered Paul will get better might upgrade him a bit fir WOH
  • Options
    I have about 82k prime so it might be smart to use him for WOH, get him up to slightly above my current players 
  • Options
    Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    This is why trading or a marketplace needs to be in this game. It gives value to good players that can’t make a roster spot on your team
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Linco32 said:
    This is why trading or a marketplace needs to be in this game. It gives value to good players that can’t make a roster spot on your team
    Sure does, but if there is a way to trade for them, I’d bet the box odds get lower than they are right now. Especially with the pity timer coming into play
  • Options
    ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    Linco32 said:

@Houmy and @DFBB make this happen guys..
    Need more Living Legends!
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    ZaneJ78 said:
    Linco32 said:

@Houmy and @DFBB make this happen guys..
    @ZaneJ78 I have been asking for that feature since 18. What I had in mind was that you would put up a player for trade-in/sale and that way you would get more XP for him than trading him in as normal. The app would then set the buying price (gold or $$$) based on that player's value for others to consider and whatever they pay for him would just go to GLU.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    @Houmy, I never could wrap my head around a feasible way to do it without the hackers having a field day.  Your idea makes great sense.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    @Houmy, I never could wrap my head around a feasible way to do it without the hackers having a field day.  Your idea makes great sense.
    That was my first thought on trading. It would be hacker's dream come true. I know it stinks, but the reality is that they seem to always find a way around things. If you think there are lots of burner accounts now.... :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    That's why @Houmy's marketplace idea is worth serious consideration.  At least that way there has to be a PURCHASE of some kind (gold or irl$).  If it was a "trade", then you could get a free-gift stud on a burner team, and read him to your real team for 2* scrubs...

Edit:. GLU gets the gold/$, and the team giving up the player gets bxp/pxp/lxp only back.  Maybe a 20-25% markup over strait trade-in.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    That's why @Houmy's marketplace idea is worth serious consideration.  At least that way there has to be a PURCHASE of some kind (gold or irl$).  If it was a "trade", then you could get a free-gift stud on a burner team, and read him to your real team for 2* scrubs...

Edit:. GLU gets the gold/$, and the team giving up the player gets bxp/pxp/lxp only back.  Maybe a 20-25% markup over strait trade-in.
    I think they've indirectly experimented with that by offering certain players for gold(potm bell for 1500, for example). If they so choose, they could make anyone available at 'x' price. I could be missing something, but a marketplace would essentially just create a new trade-in value for us and it's difficult to see GLU embracing that idea. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    @DFBB if the seller received triple the trade in XP value, and the buyer paid double the original cost of the player, Glu would in essence receive triple the gold for that one player. Something like that could be worthwhile for all 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts

There has got to be something that will work.

Need more Living Legends!
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Tdub71 said:

I think they've indirectly experimented with that by offering certain players for gold(potm bell for 1500, for example). If they so choose, they could make anyone available at 'x' price. I could be missing something, but a marketplace would essentially just create a new trade-in value for us and it's difficult to see GLU embracing that idea. 
    @DFBB The special's tab players change frequently and so the players they offer at $29.99-$99.99 are limited as far as positions/needs goes. If they let us trade ours in then they may make money from a player that is already gone from the special's tab from those wishing they had jumped on the offer when it was available.

What would they have to lose if they get the same amount of $$$ still? And hackers would not come into play as the trade in currency would go to GLU with just a bit more XP for us. If your point is that hackers would then find a way to get players with more trade-in value to get more XP then it wouldn't really make a difference anyway as once/if they figure out how to do it then they would be set for XP already as they can get any number of players and trade them in traditionally. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Depends how long you plan to be in silver.  If the answer is a while then go ahead and level him.  Goes without saying he's very good.   If you are going gold soon maybe hold off so you can save pxp for when you move up.  
  • Options
    @DFBB, all excellent points, and I agree that GLU may be very reluctant to get on board.  It is definitely something that I think is worth a serious discussion, though. 

For instance, I would love to get a good return on Prime Ohtani (now at g1), since he is riding the pine after I pulled Pence, but since he is only worth 2907 pxp as a trade-in, I am just going to sit on him until I am DESPERATE for the pxp.

If I could "sell" him to someone else (ideally a clubmate that needs a solid prime bat for woh), and get, say 4000 pxp, that is a win-win.  GLU could even make it a cash-only transaction for $30, and keep the proceeds.

Like I said, a longshot, at best, but definitely worth a serious conversation.
  • Options
    Yea yeah I’ll just hold onto him, not level him up. Trading sounds good but I want player for player trades.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    @DFBB, all excellent points, and I agree that GLU may be very reluctant to get on board.  It is definitely something that I think is worth a serious discussion, though. 
    More of the issue, I'd imagine, would be implementing a massive amount of new code into a live-running game. Implementing new code into an existing system is like moving one noodle on a plate of spaghetti. You can't expect to not disrupt a large part of the plate. It's not a question of the feasibility and fairness of how they'd structure it; that'd be the easy part. It's a question of implementing something radical in comparison to what they already have and the monstrous amount of effort it'd take to implement it. Plus, in a game that relies heavily on balance, a trade system like it was described here would get people running their own transactions on the side ("Want All-Star Pence? Venmo $5 to me, I'll sell him to you for the lowest in-game price possible"). That will wreck the balance they're working to maintain. 
  • Options
    Good point.  Probably WAY too much to think of seeing this year.  Still an earworm for '20, though.  I love the idea in principle, but the "backroom dealing" potential is worrisome, for sure.
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    It's cynical, @Tdub71 but they're smarter to think of it in terms of exploitation. People wouldn't need to buy boxes. If they had the money, they'll wait for someone to quit the game and sell the players off. I'm sure major record labels didn't want to create their own Napster to enable their product to be given away by non-paying customers. The gap in this game between the haves and the have-nots would rival the Chinese and most former Soviet republics. 
  • Options
    well I opened a few boxes and got PRIME Jacob DeGrom, since im in silver, it’s about 30k prime to get to silver 10. I have a bit over 60, and will likely stay here for a bit is upgrading Pence worth it? 
  • Options
    If you are done buying boxes, maybe.  He is a lefty-killer with his solid hit rating and skills, but you already have Molitor for that, and DH-only is a rough position. Tough call.  Personally would strongly consider trading him in and stockpiling pxp, but I always have a hard time trading in players of that caliber.
  • Options
    @Tdub true but I also SUCK at WOH which I why I was considering it, I have time to decide thanks 
  • Options
    Can DH only players come in at any position like any other sub?
  • Options
    Nope, but your 3 subs are available for woh, as well.  If you do cap him at silver, he would probably take over as your normal DH, and push Molitor to subs, but both will still be available for woh.
  • Options
    Wanted some input but really tempted to upgrade molitor
  • Options
    That's steep, and nearly empties your Evo.  If you have a suitable DH, you might want to go Evo hunting before dumping that 250.
  • Options
    I have 14k gloves. Planning on going after the weekend