Options

Cry baby post (box odds)

Comments

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Thank you, gentlemen. I would have ~294k pxp after leveling Baez to plat10, so I'm thinking that would get him to d6 or so (in a discount club of course). I could garner a smidge more by trading in other prime players I have no use for, but that would only take me over the hump of one level if I'm within a few thousand. I'd hate to jump to diamond and find out diamond pitchers are introduced in woh Monday, but I'd also hate to miss the opportunity to get Baez as far as possible with a discount. Arenado has a slightly better hit and power rating and a better skill, but Baez would fill a much greater need. I think I'll wait until Sunday to figure this out. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts

@retirepujols.........

Need more Living Legends!
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    I don't feel so bad going 0 for 5 now.
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @retirepujols: well I got Baez.  Not a gold medal, but still on the podium.

@ZaneJ78: pushes him off the podium, and kicks dirt in his eye
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    ZaneJ78 said:

@retirepujols.........

*retirepujols has retired from tsb*
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @retirepujols man it be like that some weekends. I usually stop at about 2500 so I can get the 3boxes for fan rewards. If I don’t get anything then I don’t go any further. Just my thing. You can get sucked into the chase trust me I’ve been there many of times
  • Options
    That's a solid strategy @UltimateWarrior, one that I plan to stick to from here on out and one that is close to my typical strategy. I blacked out chasing the one guy I've been waiting weeks/months for, but you know what? 🤬 him if he doesn't want to be on my squad 😂
  • Options
    lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I agree with stopping at 2500. I went to 5k this week for the 8k pxp since i had to spend gold leveling a few guys. They make it way to easy to keep hitting the buy button and watching your gold drop to 0 lol
  • Options
    @CanadaCubs I know, I know. I got sucked in to the black hole, man. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    kalrawkkalrawk Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Wow. How did you get the players???? I got 5 straight boxes of prime and regular XP. I guess that it is not my time to get cool boxes like you did. Would love to have Braez
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Plus Javy, Dejong, and Hand...I’ll never level them all but ya boi was rolling today 
  • Options
    22 box buys (500-20 250-2), 5 from vip gift, 2 fan rewards = deGromm, and only deGromm.
  • Options
    effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    22 box buys (500-20 250-2), 5 from vip gift, 2 fan rewards = deGromm, and only deGromm.
    Me too tdub. 4x this guy and nobody else. Should’ve taken him to D1. 
  • Options
    4x?  I only got him once...
  • Options
    likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    10 superstar boxes and zero players. 
    WTF ????
  • Options
    effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    4x?  I only got him once...
    Yep. 18 boxes, 4x degrom. I should be grateful though. Saved me resources and got some prime xp.  Shouldn’t have bought any boxes but I couldn’t help myself. 
  • Options
    greg24211greg24211 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    opened 43 boxes. 0 prime players. saved a lot of gold for it, almost feel like throwing up, lol.
  • Options
    likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Yeah that would have made me sick...
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Yeah 30 boxes no prime
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Took a shot at a few more break out boxes to try and level Meadows again in diamond, and to no avail. Luck has run dry this weekend 
  • Options
    mikedubsmikedubs Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Trust me I’ve spent my fair share of money and time on these boxes and many others, don’t worry you will pull players eventually. Don’t forget about the free boxes from Twitter as well!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    1-for-34 now on the Superstars box.  I NEED that pity timer...

Edit: or some self-control...
  • Options
    I could use some of that self-control stuff if you find it, @Tdub71
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    The game feels sorry for me.  They finally gave me some players from boxes that aren't Joc Pederson.  Got McCann at least, so I finally got to upgrade from 4 star Ramos!  Gonna miss that guy.  Don't care for McCann's skills, but he's a big upgrade for my team, so I'll take it.  I'd really like that Arenado though.  I still have some gold though!  Self-control, self-control, self-control...
    Just no.  
  • Options
    @retirepujols, no chance I ever find any.  I am like a toddler in the toy aisle...
  • Options
    That's a real nice upgrade, @FrankTheTank04!
  • Options
    @retirepujols I'd say so!  I really want the Arenado, but a member of the club already has him, so it probably won't give him to me.  Not allowed!  Maybe I can finally beat some classic, we'll see.
    Just no.  
  • Options
    You will beat classic 👍🏻
  • Options
    You will beat classic 👍🏻
    Don't lie to me!!  Lol
    Just no.  
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    You will beat classic 👍🏻
    I will not, you g-dammed dirty liar!!!!