Videos

melindavemelindave Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
Anyone have a suggestion for getting the same video over and over?  For weeks it was Homescapes, then after resetting my privacy settings it was credit karma.  I just reset again and now it’s wordscapes.  Same 30 second video every time.  Doesn’t matter if it’s video for gold or video for achievement reward or video boost I just keep getting the exact same video.  I wouldn’t complain if it were a 10-15 second ad but this is ridiculous.  Of course I just get the same response from CS that it’s the advertisers choice what video to make available to me.  

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Wait....... you actually watch the videos? 😂😂
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    Watch TV while the videos play, lol. 
    ~UNAGI~
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Double gold btw right now
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Genital psoriasis?  Glad I am not in that advertising demographic...
    It must just be regional, because I didn't even know that was a thing.  You may want to check your neighbors.  On second thought don't.  Definitely don't.  Lol
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    Genital psoriasis?  Glad I am not in that advertising demographic...
    Didn't get the video but was curious and googled it. Guess WebMD was wrong in it's diagnosis and I am not dying after all. 🙄
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @melindave
    tl;dr Try not to reset your ad tracker, but watch videos and take note of ones that are 15 seconds or shorter. Search for the general category of those products (a lawn mower would be outdoor living or lawn care) on Google and on the specific retail site(s) selling that product. You'll never be able to cater just to 5 second ads, but you can increase the frequency of those by crafting your search history so cookies record data that lines up with those ads. Right now, I'd highly recommend everyone search for "How to track grammar" and dig around the Grammarly web site. Apologies for the long post. 

There are several factors that determine which ad will play when you click, many of which are out of your control. The best thing you can do is, when you do reset your ad identifier (not something you want to do often if you want to better tailor your ads), only visit sites and search for things you know will bring back short ads. The trick on this is finding out which ads those are, and from there, operating in a reverse engineering mindset. 

Ex. I remember the last double-ad weekend came up after I had some some research on my phone into grills and smokers. That yielded a great 5-second ad for a lawn mower, because I clicked on search results from Home and Outdoor sections in Home Depot, Lowe's and Wal-Mart. So I can start looking for that ad again now by searching for a general topic, like "Lawn Care," and clicking on cookie-tracking sites like pretty much any major retail outlet. Those categories then are tagged with your ad ID, so when you click on a video offer, you're more likely to be offered those sorts of ads. Then with the right timing, you get that one ad to appear often. 

It's not as simple as how I explained it, though. Buyers (ad companies who own the commercials) list in a real time database the price at which they want an ad to be displayed, and the level of audience they're looking to reach. Specific audiences tend to garner a little less because they, theoretically, won't have to run the ad for many users to reach the conversion rate they're looking for. Ex. if you searched for lawn care, and Home Depot has a sale on patio furniture, they won't need to run a campaign that reaches a wide general audience. On the other hand, a buyer like whatever studio owns Homescapes will pay more to reach any audience available. Because Homescapes will pay more, the seller (Glu, in our world) will be linked up with those transactional opportunities. 
    Ah, a quick lesson in corporate advertising.  Always appreciated.

Jk, @Cooz19, the information you provided is really very helpful.  I think I may put a little extra effort in this weekend to see if it will work for me.
  • STINGRAYS7STINGRAYS7 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    How do you change your advertisement. My videos only work at 7pm for 3-4 hours and not again until next night
  • STINGRAYS7STINGRAYS7 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    How do I reset identifier
  • mikedubsmikedubs Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Still got about two days left for the double gold videos! Watch up
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    I haven’t had any videos available for nearly 13 hours now. Not sure what’s going on.