Season mode

kalrawkkalrawk Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
Hey...  just wonder if you guys are experiencing from getting beat up harder than usual in the season mode??? Been playing the season mode for like 7 season now and seems like it gets harder season after season.  Seems like playing against diamond level or higher level.  For an example, my team is around 85000 strength and could be a first place team and all but the last two seasons I have been swimming in the bottom of the sea.  

Thanks for the the feedback or anything ha. Happy hitting! 

Comments

• EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    I'm still silver, my team strength is about 84k. I've played about 5 or 6 seasons, won 3 finals and have only lost one game in the last 174 season games. Not trying to toot my own horn, just giving my experience, lol. 
    ~UNAGI~
  • mikedubsmikedubs Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    I love seasons, but it can be frustrating some times. Just gotta get through the rough patches because you still earn pennants whether you win or lose!
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Season mode has been no joke this year. What I try to do to win is use my ace, add a video boost and depending how close it is I play the last couple innings. This is were I’ve found the most success. It doesn’t always work, but I’ve won the last few finals doing it this way @kalrawk
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    My last 3 seasons in silver I went 114-2 in all 3, and won the finals in 3 games.  Had to vid boost and icepack to win game 3 every time.
    I am early in my first season in gold, and have been cruising so far.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I absolutely slaughtered my most recent league. Two 50 HR/50 SB guys, three pitchers with sub-1.00 ERAs and 330+ Ks, lost once in the regular season. Lost Game 3 of the quarterfinals against the Dodgers. Utterly ridiculous. I saw it coming, so I 80-gold-boosted all three games and threw my ace in all three, got like 16 combined hits and gave up 30 runs. I don't think I gave up more than 100 runs all season. 

Season Mode seems very protective of its pennants, and goes into all-out F*ck You mode sometimes. That's the only explanation, but I feel your pain, brother. 
  • mikedubsmikedubs Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    This is the issue with advancing divisions so quickly. Let your team hang in your division for a bit and hopefully things will ease out and you will begin to win again
  • kalrawkkalrawk Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Tdub71.... nice!!! that is cool.   first 4 seasons, i made up to semi-finals and lost, the last 3 seasons, it went downhill and all... not complaining at all. my time will come... in 2018 baseball, i won a few championships easily comparing to 2019 which is more challenging... happy hitting!
    Cooz19... i agree what you said about the F-U attitude!  crazy!  thanks for the encouragement and all...
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @kalrawk It's really just kind of a super-hot-freezing-cold game feature. I won my last two seasons prior to this one. The first one I was hovering around .500 over the first probably 50 games. Then I barely lost again. Mowed through the next season too. Looks like I'm primed for a downspell. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Here is season mode in diamond. I didn’t need a live boost this week so I’ve played almost a whole season 147K team strength and it don’t matter in diamond 

• WheelsOfSteelWheelsOfSteel Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    I lost in the the final game of the championship in my last season, so frustrating!
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I was fine Until I went platinum. Not so good right now
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
     platinum- my record will get worse pretty soon 😅
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

1st season at gold.  So far, so good.  Lost the 1st game, 15-0 since.
    I do agree that it is MUCH harder than in 18.  I went gold about this time last year, and never lost more than 5 games in any season (including playoffs) for the rest of the year.  Something like 17 or 18 straight finals wins.
    wow...  man... i was like hey!!! what is going on here... then moving on to gain the pennants to build up the players that i have on my team. crazy! right now i am 2-6...  if you flip the game upside down and you guys are in first place! LOL