Prime Advice

SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
I currently have a very strong gold team and have been squirreling away pxp for months. I hit the jackpot yesterday with my first All-Star box being Trout! Obviously I just about TSB’d in my pants and immediately leveled him to G10. I opened about 20 more boxes and got super lucky again, landing Verlander and Lemahieu. I only have about 30k pxp left and I’m torn about what to do. Option 1: save my pxp until I go platinum and then use it all on Trout. Option 2: slowly lvl Lemahieu to g10 in hopes of raking in WoH. Option 3: slowly lvl Verlander so that I have an ace to help make me competitive at platinum. I’m leaning towards option 2, which should enable me to cycle WoH either more or faster and build up my resources. What approach would you recommend? Second question, what’s all the talk about a 30% leveling discount?

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I am partial to option 3, because I love having a top-end starter, but option 2 is probably more effective, long-term.  LeMahieu will be good in woh for a while. 

The 30% discount is a club reward on Thursdays.  There are several clubs out there with it, and it only applies to weekend box players.  Check global chat, and you should be able to find one to hop into while you level.  They usually ask you to donate gloves, or club points, in return.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up on the lvl discounting. I’m also considering blowing the rest of my gold stash so that I can get the huge pxp bonuses from the weekend event. It would enable me to get LeMahieu to G10 and get a head start on Verlander. I can’t decide if it’s worthwhile or if I should hold out for a mega pxp box deal.
  • mikedubsmikedubs Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    I personally love when the bundles come around for the mega pxp boxes because they give out so much PXP. Either choice you’ll find your way :)
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    The pxp deal box will probably be out again early next week.  I would probably wait for that, if it were me.
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    If I was you I would hold out from leveling anyone else if your consider making a jump to Platinum. If your not hurting for a 2nd baseman And  your not playing in a club who needs you to score I would hold off from leveling DJ.hold onto some gold until tomorrow. I believe they do a better prime box on Sunday after 12 est. more bang for your buck. @SandlotGuru
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    It's about 169k pxp to take one prime player from Platinum 1-10. I would say you're in the position where it's about time to choose whether you want to go platinum, or you want those prime players. If you're at 30k pxp, I'm not sure both is an option lol
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71