Moving up to gold: Advice

marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
What do you recommend to players getting ready to move to gold? How much cash, gold, players, WOH/ slugfest skills. Anything helps.
Prev1

Comments

• ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    When i went gold, I only had enough to get a keeper and my legend to gold 10. Beat classic woh stil
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I just went up to gold on Thursday.  I had 100k pxp, 500+ Evo, 2.7 mil cash, 14k gold, and 150k bxp. 

It was a pretty comfortable transition for me, but I had to trade in more inactives than I wanted, since I was light on bxp.  I ran out of pxp first (obviously), then bxp and cash.

I started with just over 200 bonus games, so I was able to plow through to gold 4 on Thursday, while carrying (with a couple others) my club to #6 in a fairly tough bracket.

I wish I had stocked more cash, but I got hitting, trainer, and clutch team upgrades maxed, too.

Hope this helps.

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Helps me out.  Gives me an idea of what I need.  I'm also thinking of moving to gold soon.  Thanks @Tdub71
    Just no.  
    edited July 2019
    There is another thread that I started, asking the same question.  " Need some advice", I think it is called.  I posted screenshots of my team before the move, and after the bonus game event was over. You can look at it, if you want, to get a better idea of the resources it took, and how far I got.  There is also some very good advice on there from some of the other forum posters.
  • marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    Oh that is probably more helpful thanks
    After seeing it, I realized I was off on my starting estimates.   I had dropped down to 77k bxp.  I think that by the time I actually made the move, I was back over 100k. The gold, cash, Evo, and pxp showing in the first ss is pretty accurate.
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    I'm also looking to go gold soon. My biggest issue is I have 10 prime players. So choosing which to take is going to be difficult. 
    ~UNAGI~
    The advice I got was focus on one at a time, and prioritize your most important woh bat first.  For me it was Monster May Bell, then Pence, but I ended up landing Marte and now deGromm, so I sort of split the rest over them.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Ebiggz said:
    I'm also looking to go gold soon. My biggest issue is I have 10 prime players. So choosing which to take is going to be difficult. 
    That's one helluvan issue to have! 
  • mikedubsmikedubs Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    The advice I got was focus on one at a time, and prioritize your most important woh bat first.  For me it was Monster May Bell, then Pence, but I ended up landing Marte and now deGromm, so I sort of split the rest over them.
    Pretty much the same for me, couldn’t have said it better
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    If you want your 2 batting keepers that’s around 120bxp apiece. If you only bring 1 one up, bring up 4 more top batters If your focus is on WOH you can get away with it with around 100k for 4 reg players. I would bring my hitting,trainer, clutch performance skills 1st as well. With your primes as @Tdub71 stated focus on your best prime batter level him up to 9. I would shy away from Prime pitchers imo waste of PXP this early when PXP is scarce. Overall if you have a around 100 evo,  a mil in cash(get more when you upgrade through club boxes) a few hundred thousand K BXP your good. @marcoslo
    You have to pick your poison with primes right now.  I pulled Contreras from a box, and promptly traded him in, since I already have a 350 bxp at C, and capped at g10.
    What I’m going to do is upgrade Pence 400max and DeGrom 390 max with Prime. Ill use the bxp that I would’ve used for Paul Molitor DH keeper on other players since it’s easier for me save pxp for two players
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    If you want your 2 batting keepers that’s around 120bxp apiece. If you only bring 1 one up, bring up 4 more top batters If your focus is on WOH you can get away with it with around 100k for 4 reg players. I would bring my hitting,trainer, clutch performance skills 1st as well. With your primes as @Tdub71 stated focus on your best prime batter level him up to 9. I would shy away from Prime pitchers imo waste of PXP this early when PXP is scarce. Overall if you have a around 100 evo,  a mil in cash(get more when you upgrade through club boxes) a few hundred thousand K BXP your good. @marcoslo
    I keep seeing “keepers”. Can someone explain. Again still kinda new
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    We got to keep 2 hitters and 1 pitcher from 18, and bring them over to 19.  They level with bxp, but cost 5x the amount of resources that a new bxp player costs to level.  They came over at about half of the max they were at in 18, and will continuously grow, like your created legend player.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Btw 61k player.. anyone one got any openings  :#
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    I actually do.  Pm me same as my forum name.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Ebiggz said:
    I wouldn't take any of them if you have 350+ bxp players to take their positions. I would rather save the pxp for 450+ primes.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• BIGBOBBY92BIGBOBBY92 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    I moved up to gold with 116K XP and 30k PXP, but no prime players at the time. After getting a lot of pulls from boxes and WoH I'm almost at a maxed lineup at gold 10 now but there's still some more to go. 

If you're bored like I was in silver I say it's a solid choice to move up to gold instead of sitting on a ton of XP and nothing to spend it on.
    https://discord.gg/E2zHYq Tap Sports Baseball Discord I help run
    My problem was that I ALWAYS found something to spend my xp on.  I originally planned to go up 3 weeks earlier, but then I got a good run on boxes, and blew all my xp...
    Tdub71 said:
    My problem was that I ALWAYS found something to spend my xp on.  I originally planned to go up 3 weeks earlier, but then I got a good run on boxes, and blew all my xp...

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @retirepujols, exactly.  It was never Gwenyth Paltrow's head, but sometimes it felt like it...
    Should I not upgrade prime pence then? He’s 400 max but I have a Paul Molitor keeper...
    Depends on your resources, and woh needs.  Every woh level has had 2 lhp and 2 rhp in the last 4 of the top level, except maybe all-star.  If you have a stud against lhp, besides Molitor, it might not be worth it to dump resources into pence.
    I have a 350 Pence, and my legend but I use him against righties 
    This is tough 
  • azholedewazholedew Registered Users, Member 31 Posts

This is from last year. I think it’s a little cheaper this year but gives you a good idea what you need for each player at gold level. It will take a few weeks to get where you can win woh but when I went gold I started winning more prime games and bonus games. Even with all silver players. I would move up.  
    ⬆️ that's the same as this year, platinum and diamond are cheaper than last year 😉

@marcoslo I just jumped to diamond on a bit of a whim, you can do it! Also, I've been reading your name as "Marco solo" as if it were a play off of "Marco Polo," and now that I've tagged you I'm a little disappointed to find that isn't the case 😂