Options

HR Derby Special Players

TheMadhatterTheMadhatter Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
Seems like tap going to be doing this through out the year where will offer a risk vs reward players with incentive to upgrade to a high level based on performance and figured open this thread to see if anyone going to take a shot at a guy or two and if so who?

Comments

• Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    I'll try Yelich if he doesn't have double cvc skills like this first batch
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Bell is my pick. Even if he doesn’t win, a switch hitter with decent power/hit numbers that can be used solely for CvC is worth it. I used to dislike the CvC skill, however I seem to be playing less and less Prime games. I’ve gotten 20 boxes from CvC each week and have pulled excellent players from them w/o spending any gold in the process. 
  • Options
    TheMadhatterTheMadhatter Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Think they said all 8 will have double CVC, the Bell being switch intrigues me also. 
  • Options
    navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I just wish Bell would do the derby from both sides of the plate.
  • Options
    Yelich has vanished from my specials section. Has this happened to anyone else? I had planned on buying him if I didnt hit trout from cvc boxes tonight.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    He's no longer in HR derby.
  • Options
    Man I bet they grant him 390 for early buyers then as compensation. I shouldve jumped on him.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    @Scioscia_Fan the people that bought him received 1,000 gold as compensation. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    That seems reasonable.  A little higher than I expected.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Tdub71 said:
    That seems reasonable.  A little higher than I expected.
    $5 for 1,000 gold is cool, about double the value. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    BIGBOBBY92BIGBOBBY92 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    I thought Bell or Yelich would win it so I think picking Bell to make the finals is a safe bet. I finally maxed my DJ card from the London series so I'm hoping I can go 2/3 on these prime bet players!
    https://discord.gg/E2zHYq Tap Sports Baseball Discord I help run
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    The double-CVC skill was the killer for me.  I was got to take a stab at Yelich, but oh well. 

I really want Acuna, but I think he's a sucker's bet.
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I got the 1000 gold too...not a great replacement after a 26000 dbl gold weekend 🤭
    really hope they do something on the Yelich...it really throws off the completion for those purchases and Pick Ems. Vlade Jr vs Chapman now and you can’t go back to p/u the Jr
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I had yelich as one of the finalists for the pick em; even if we get the pickem back for yelich, I would have made Bell in the finals since yelich is out of the competition. Seems kinda unfair. Maybe they'll just give us the free pickem?
  • Options
    HOKAHEYHOKAHEY Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    I took a shot with Bergman and Santana 
  • Options
    KeytonicKeytonic Registered Users, Member 26 Posts
    Took a long shot on Vlad Jr