Ways to get jailed

cuseC08cuseC08 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
Hi everyone. I’ve read multiple times through the forums and the FB groups about people getting jailed and claiming it was for no reason. I was hoping some of the more knowledgeable people on here could share all the things not to do to avoid jail. I would t want to be one of the folks who did something not realizing it would get my account locked. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• mancov2001mancov2001 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    Spend less than $818 in this game
  • cuseC08cuseC08 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    What is the significance of $818?
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited July 2019
    cuseC08 said:
    What is the significance of $818?
    $818 was the assumed number to gain VIP status last year. 

Honestly if you just play the game without cheating it is very unlikely you will be jailed. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited July 2019
    GLU is intentionally vague about their flags because it would give the cheaters specific things to avoid. In that sense, being vague serves as a deterrent. As @Bigpredfan mentioned, don't cheat and you'll almost certainly be fine. If you get flagged and you're innocent, fight it. When in doubt, use common sense. 

edit: fwiw, I think I'm a good example of the things I referenced above. I was flagged once last season and was quickly unjailed. I've accumulated a decent amount of resources and my team reflects the time and effort I put in. If in the future, I trigger a flag, I have no doubt that things will get resolved. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I received this warning early in the year when they were doing dbl gold every two weeks. I was sitting at 70k gold was not spending money at the time. I absolutely did not cheat or use a third party software. Trust me I wouldn’t know how to cheat if I wanted to I am not tech savvy at all. People will tell you that if you don’t cheat you won’t get jailed or warned. Definitely not true lol I also have a close friend that was jailed last year that did cheat. While I’m sure most will read and say oh I’m sure he done something to get that warning. All I can say to that is you won’t believe it till it happens to you. Actually I think it should be easy to understand their cheat detection system can make mistakes. I Have had no trouble since I started dropping 💰. 
    Edit: Close friend did NOT cheat lol ⬆️
    I received this warning early in the year when they were doing dbl gold every two weeks. I was sitting at 70k gold was not spending money at the time. I absolutely did not cheat or use a third party software. Trust me I wouldn’t know how to cheat if I wanted to I am not tech savvy at all. People will tell you that if you don’t cheat you won’t get jailed or warned. Definitely not true lol I also have a close friend that was jailed last year that did cheat. While I’m sure most will read and say oh I’m sure he done something to get that warning. All I can say to that is you won’t believe it till it happens to you. Actually I think it should be easy to understand their cheat detection system can make mistakes. I Have had no trouble since I started dropping 💰. 
    I believe you misread my post. I said it’s highly unlikely. I’ve heard some people say public WiFi can set off somethings, but I’ve never had an issue and been playing since 2016
    @Bigpredfan I’m sorry did I quote you in something I’m unaware of? 
  • atlbraves13atlbraves13 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I've heard hoarding gold and going past 100k will get you jailed if all your gold is from videos.  I hoard gold but I will spend some money every once in awhile to avoid getting jailed just in case.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I've heard hoarding gold and going past 100k will get you jailed if all your gold is from videos.  I hoard gold but I will spend some money every once in awhile to avoid getting jailed just in case.
    Maybe in 17 or early 18 version for non VIPs - not a problem in 19 though - u can safely go over 100k providing u didnt cheat to accumulate the gold of course!
    I just found it interesting that both the post above your’s were disagreed with at about the same time you posted something opposite of them. 
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    I don't think gold hoarding past 100k is enough to get a warning on its own. I was spending a small amount of money on the game before the video cap came in, so maybe thats why I never got a warning.
    I just found it interesting that both the post above your’s were disagreed with at about the same time you posted something opposite of them. 
    @Bigpredfan I’m sorry you confused me with disagreeing with your post. However it is possible that someone disagreed with ur post at around the same time I posted. Lots of traffic on this forum/site. Unfortunately we will never know who it was 😞.
    Maybe contact CS/glu or someone that can help you with that. 😉 
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    @benny100 I am almost to 100k gold just all from saving gold and accumulating more each week from videos. I am also not VIP, but I’m all star Ticket 8 currently with about $300 invested in the game. (Special promo players, CVC package, 5 tool player package, and small package purchases). 

Are you you saying I should invest more real money into the game or spend more gold? 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    I was also temp jailed last year. I think it had to do with increasing my team strength over 10,000 points in under an hour. I did it legitimately by spending resources on skills and level ups, but it rightly set of a flag and was quickly cleared of any wrongdoing. 
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Didn't someone say they got flagged and temp jailed for opening up tons of banked draft pics all at once? I know I read that either here or '18 forums.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I think I heard that too. Both scenarios seem like something that would set off their flags. Until someone has a chance to go back and look at the team log, it could look like hacking, at first glance.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I logged into my alt for  the 7pm match and my team was jailed. No funny business just a club holder for me that pulls very well. Has about 14 primes on it and 0$ money spent on the account. Waiting to hear back from CS but not happy about the  situation one bit. So it does happen, hopefully just a system issue that is triggered.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    TBWepa said:
    @benny100 I am almost to 100k gold just all from saving gold and accumulating more each week from videos. I am also not VIP, but I’m all star Ticket 8 currently with about $300 invested in the game. (Special promo players, CVC package, 5 tool player package, and small package purchases). 

Are you you saying I should invest more real money into the game or spend more gold? 
    I was saying u should be fine and going over 100k gold should not result in your account being jailed
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Didn't someone say they got flagged and temp jailed for opening up tons of banked draft pics all at once? I know I read that either here or '18 forums.
    I’ve been thrown in the drunk tank for this. I opened up 1300 late round picks as fast as my thumb could click. I got out within a few hours 
    They really need an "open all" option for this. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

I’ve been thrown in the drunk tank for this. I opened up 1300 late round picks as fast as my thumb could click. I got out within a few hours 
    They really need an "open all" option for this. 
    Do I detect a suggestion for a new subscription???  4.99$ a week to speed up garbage box openings??? 🧐
    I know someone who already has over 5,000 late round picks unopened. Those average out to about 29XP per I believe. That’s 150K in BXP just sitting there because it takes too long to open them as fast as he gets them 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I know someone who already has over 5,000 late round picks unopened.
    Jesus, man! 5,000 late round picks? I can't imagine they'll ever be opened now 😅
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I have a few to open for hard times 😂
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
     Well got a reply from CS and got the usual reply.  Unable to disclose the reason but the team was flagged and the decision is final. Total bullcrap because the team is a placeholder and doesn't even play events. So now I have to deal with this back and fourth  with CS  reps to review the team. What a joke.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy