WOH HOF Cookbook

COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
Has anyone done a batter by batter guide for each pitcher for HOF similar to the very helpful classic level posts ? Thanks.  
Prev1

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Edit: Duh. HoF. As far as I know, there is no in depth outline of HoF.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Thanks. Use that every week but gotta watch out for the Wednesday different pitchers ;-)
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    I got you @COWPILEY
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Thanks !
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    ROUND PITCHER HAND
    1.1 Chris Bassett R 96
    1.2 Jaime Barria R 99
    1.3 Cody Allen R 99
    1.4 Shawn Armstrong R 99
    1.5 Arodys Vizcaino R 101
    1.6 Brandon Workman R 92
    1.7 Garrett Richards R 103
    1.8 Vixtor Arand R 108
    1.9 Tony Sipp L 107
    1.10 Lance McCullers  R 108
    ROUND PITCHER HAND 5/8/2019
    2.1 Mike Leake R 100
    2.2 Ryan Tepera R 101
    2.3 Corbin Burnes R 106
    2.4 Jose Urena R 102
    2.5 Justin Miller R 111
    2.6 Blake Parker R 112
    2.7 Edubray Ramos R 107
    2.8 Kenta Maeda R 113
    2.9 Noah Syndergaard R 113
    2.10 Seth Lugo R 113
    ROUND PITCHER HAND
    3.1 Joe Musgrove R 110
    3.2 Jace Fry L 106
    3.3 Mike Fiers R 110
    3.4 Blaine Hardy L 106
    3.5 Mike Clevinger R 111
    3.6 Sergio Romo R 113
    3.7 Jesse Chavez R 117
    3.8 Rich Hill L 116
    3.9 Corey Knebel R 115
    3.10 Wade Davis R 113
    ROUND PITCHER HAND
    4.1 Masahiro Tanaka R 115
    4.2 Stephen Strasburg R 117
    4.3 Miles Mikolas R 116
    4.4 Charlie Morton R 114
    4.5 Anibel Sanchez R 113
    4.6 Seung Hwan Oh R 122
    4.7 Corey Kluber R 124
    4.8 Kenley Jensen R 127
    4.9 Clayton Kershaw L 139
    4.10 Aaron Nola R 121
    ROUND PITCHER HAND
    5.1 Walker Buehler R 123
    5.2 Felipe Vazquez L 120
    5.3 Kirby Yates R 131
    5.4 Blake Snell L 124
    5.5 Will Smith L 127
    5.6 Brad Hand L 120
    5.7 Pedro Strop  R 142
    5.8 Jeremy Jeffress R 124
    5.9 Chris Paddock R 142
    5.10 Ross Stripling R 158
    ROUND PITCHER HAND
    6.1 Justin Verlander R 144
    6.2 Matt Strahm L 139
    6.3 Yu Darvish R 146
    6.4 Jordan Hicks R 139
    6.5 Luis Castillo R 144
    6.6 Blake Treinen R 133
    6.7 Clayton Kershaw L 146
    6.8 Jake Odorizzi R 153
    6.9 James Paxton L 153
    6.10 Scherzer R 153

This is what I have in my excel sheet - I think it is fairly accurate.
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    I blew through 5,000 gold, played pretty much all day long (I was off work and had nothing to do) and still couldn’t get past Paxton. Still have yet to beat HOF mode. Glu hates me. 
  • spoomanspooman Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    I cleared classic by 9:30am opened my box got Vlad..... Moral of the story easy freaking day..lol
  • atlbraves13atlbraves13 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I blew through 5,000 gold, played pretty much all day long (I was off work and had nothing to do) and still couldn’t get past Paxton. Still have yet to beat HOF mode. Glu hates me. 

if you don't have a capped out guy with double skills that are on vs Paxton.  You're gonna have a hard time js
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Are you silver? Just like with classic, higher tiers have an easier time with HoF too.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I blew through 5,000 gold,.. Glu hates me. 
    Nah, I'm pretty sure they like you 😉 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Are you silver? Just like with classic, higher tiers have an easier time with HoF too.
    I’m gold and was using the Carlos Santana I got from beating Classic. (Literally took me 30 minutes and didn’t use any gold to beat Classic). I have Santana capped at G10 with both of his skills at 6%, and used the 80g boost every time. I lost count but I’m pretty sure I was around 0-18 against Paxton today. Lol 
  • cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Interesting to hear people struggled with Paxton. Lemahiu capped with skills at 8 each beat Paxton in one try. Scherzer on the other hand cost me 2500 gold but that’s because my best righty with stackable skills in 6-10 is hosmer keeper and he gets up to 214 with the 80 boost. Vlad will be much better now that I have him he goes to 245 with 80 boost. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I spent somewhere around 1300 gold cycling hof today can’t remember exact number. I think it’s 450 for a retry plus 80 gold boosts. My team is silver and it took probably 2 1/2 hrs I only spent gold on boost at 6-9 and a video retry at 6-9. At 6-10 i spent gold on 2 retries at 6-10 and 80 gold boost. Cycling hof in silver isn’t to bad. However I do have 11 prime bats 6 lefties 5 righties all 380 or better. Six 380s, three 390s,
     two 400s. That’s probably helps 
  • Geronimo13Geronimo13 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Shame I couldn’t even cycle classic with this line up.... such a joke. I’ve cycled the two weeks prior with a lesser team. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    You need another high-end lefty, or switch hitter.  Woh is very righty-heavy right now.
    Beaty and Meadows could do it if you have to their skills up enough, but you probably need 1 more.  Moose has a meh skill that drags him down a little.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    edited July 2019
    For me Beaty is my second lefty.  and his skills are 5 and 5.  problem with beaty on last levels is that one of his skills is RISP and you may not have RISP in the final level.
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Grippy5Grippy5 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Reset your legend to be a switch hitting 3B with late innings as the skill 

@Geronimo13
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Don’t believe late inning is an option for legend skill, or did I miss something?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    I think it is only blowout, risp, lhp, and rhp.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Vlad prime from derby is RHP and 7th inning. I know WOH you want to use L vs R but in this case would it be best to use R vs R?  If no one has tried. I am today and will let you guys know. 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    Vlad prime from derby is RHP and 7th inning. I know WOH you want to use L vs R but in this case would it be best to use R vs R?  If no one has tried. I am today and will let you guys know. 
    If you struggle at 5.10, then using a righty with rhp like Vlad could be worthwhile to cancel out arrieta's lhb skill.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Glu has always said in the past that all pitcher skills are off on WOH.  I always ignore them.
    Glu has always said in the past that all pitcher skills are off on WOH.  I always ignore them.
    While I personally don't believe they work, did they really say that? If they did, I think that would be news to most people. Usually, GLU is intentionally vague on such matters.
    DFBB said:
    While I personally don't believe they work, did they really say that? If they did, I think that would be news to most people. Usually, GLU is intentionally vague on such matters.
    I'll try to find the post from the 2018 forum.  It had a copied screen shot for a support response asying no pitcher skills are active in WOH.  You can also see it by taking a batter up that the skill should be active against and one where it is not.  The pitcher has the same rating for both.  No increase for the skill.  If you have a hitter and the skill is activated, you see the skill highlighted and the higher rating is displayed.  The pitchers rating does not change and the skills are not highlighted.  If I find the post, I'll link it.
    Here is the screenshot they posted
    The post was made by thickage in the 2018 forum under the topic of 

WOH Pitcher Skills / Hitter Skills

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    So it’s not “official” just a CS response, right?
    edited July 2019
    Interesting, but CS says all types of things 😂 They'll contradict one another back-to-back all day long
    fahhq2 said:
    So it’s not “official” just a CS response, right?
    I guess its not official unless its in a press release  For me the cs response, the skills not being highlighted, and the rating number not being boosted lead me to ignore the skills (just for pitchers in WOH, skills seem to always "work" for hitters)
    Thanks @ReadingFightingPhils! I tend to not hang my hat on CS for anything related to game mechanics, but it was refreshing to see them directly respond without being vague.