A run of Luck Like I have never seen....

matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
I have to tell this story or I wouldn't believe my own eyes.

I accidentally bought a Home Run Derby Box, (I am captain clicks a-lot) and oops, Well I got bell.  Then I looked at the PXP you can pull from that box so I splurged and bought another,  damn if I didn't pull Vlad, once again I think I can surely get PXP this time bought one More I pulled Grienke, I have been playing this (stupid at times) game since its inception and never had a run like that. Do I go again? or run away and head to get a lotto Ticket.

anyone else have a run of Luck like this ever?

Since thursday I have had nearly 80% turnover in my lineup. I actually like this game again.
Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I have never even HEARD of a run like that...  I would like to tell you to quit while byoubare ahead, but I am box-happy too...
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Happened to me on the weekend, pulled 8 primes on 12 boxes. Many doubles but still good pulls.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Meanwhile I spend 42k in gold, and end up with deGromm...  It's cool though, the pxp fall-backs in the weekend box were very nice.  
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I was mad at myself I bought one Box earlier today before fan rewards started, thats why I was looking at the damn box screen in the first place..

I guess I'm and addict.

I've had 100k weekends and got squat as well. Just your time to ride the hot streak. From the cvc match today I pulled Acuna and Greinke from both boxes, mind you the odds are better then weekend boxes. But when your hot your hot.
    – The Great Houmy
    I had a 5-week run late last year where I only bought 1 box/weekend, because I pulled the big prize in the first box each time.  Nothing close to that so far this year.
    the Run continues watched enough for 700 more gold and got Alonso

Alonso, Vlad, Grienke, Bell, Santana, Marte, Lemieheu, Grandal, Dejong, Abreau, Scherzer i'm tired lol

I forgot Trevor Story

• LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    I'm experiencing the same. Nabbed about 6 prime players this week/past weekend and didn't spend much if anything. It's only when I look at how much pxp I have saved when it hits me as to exactly WHY Glu is being so generous.... and it involves spending money.
    At this point leave double gold up let us improve what we got. I feel like this is my first week and each time I get a guy its a surprise and an upgrade.

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    @matt_sackett I hate you lol.  That's some awesome luck though, hope it continues.  
    Just no.  
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    I had no primes at all then got Arenado and DeGrom from the six bonus boxes.  Not as impressive as yours but was good for me.
    I left DeGrom and upgraded Arenado, still not sure if I should have used that Prime XP on my keeper skills but I'm going to be picky with primes this year I guess.
    Im fully prepared for it, had to bust out the CC to try and get something from the specials tab to try and back this run up, I fully expect not to be able to cycle royale or woh on monday looks like I'm a bronze club again for a while.

• scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    It is very streaky, "feast or famine" for me as well. I go weeks with only addition being Walk-Off Hero rewards and then I will add 3 or 4 players within a couple of days. 
    Here We go again, Bought a box hoping for high pxp Pulled Boegarts.

Go buy a lottery ticket!  That is nuts.
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    0-8, I give up.  I think I just setup @matt_sackett up for more good picks
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Here We go again, Bought a box hoping for high pxp Pulled Boegarts.
    Don't mind me. Just sitting here waiting for the "I got jailed for being lucky" post 😬😬😬
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Already happened to my alt team. And Im not the only one this happened recently. Other non spending alt teams that many of us have been jailed lately for no reason but the common trait we all share is that the teams pull well and it raised flags. Bring that up in SF, that their  so called "automatic  detection system" is piece of junk that doesn't work.
    – The Great Houmy
    I cooled off finally getting that much coveted 3000 PXP 3 times in a row and did some minor leveling, hell I even joined twitter (against my religion) just to boost the hope of the 30k.

• nickname9999nickname9999 Registered Users, Member 46 Posts
    It’s like the system knows you are low on pxp and you really want that, so you get two more prime players...and wonder how you are ever going to upgrade them.
    or in my case 5  seriously 5 Last Season after the year long grind I had 7 Primes and 7 Legends  and had moderate leveling on them all, I came into last weekend with Posey and Rodriguez and now a house full of kids and no food. (im so not complaining) and luck is luck but I cant wait to see what my actual numbers will be once they are able to evolve. (and don't even get me started on evo)