New Josh Bell

Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
Just pulled new Bell.  He is a bonus for woh and CVC.  Should I put anything into him?  Already have Monster Bell capped, and skills at 6.

My instinct is to trade him in for the pxp, but it's hard not to play with the new toy...
Prev1

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Keep Monster Bell.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Keep Monster Bell.
    Yep. I see no reason to upgrade the same player, with worse skills for walk-off, with almost the exact same hit rating. Keep Monster Bell 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Thanks @dustyhunks and @Bigpredfan.  I was leaning that way.  I also have this dilemma:

Is Grienke worth putting resources into, given my current starting 5?  I only have about 24k pxp right now, and Happ is 380 max.

What is Grienke at g10?  216/233/235 or thereabouts?
    Tdub71 said:
    Thanks @dustyhunks and @Bigpredfan.  I was leaning that way.  I also have this dilemma:

Is Grienke worth putting resources into, given my current starting 5?  I only have about 24k pxp right now, and Happ is 380 max.

What is Grienke at g10?  216/233/235 or thereabouts?
    Personally I would just work Happ up from where he is and keep Grienke on the inactives until I’m done with Happ. Then after Happ I would see if Grienke is still worth it or if you have a better option. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I wouldn't use pxp on any prime below 450 if you are in gold and higher. Pxp is going to be hard to come by so save it.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

I think I will go with the stash-and-see approach for Greinke, but go ahead and trade Bell in now.  He is a CVC bonus, but at b1, I doubt he even gets a hit...
    Why not have both?

...meaning, hang on to him. Monster Bell at 1B and Derby Bell at DH???
    Because I have g10 prime Pence (400 max) at DH.  I feel like the resources to cap him probably outweighs the switch-hitting.

I may stash-and-see with him too.  I can always trade in if I get desperate for that ~1800 pxp...
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    He is a CVC bonus, but at b1, I doubt he even gets a hit...
    You'd be surprised at the points I've earned with b1 players. In cvc you'd have to manually play each entry with a b1 guy, but every other event they'll still earn some nice points 🤪 also, if you're hunting club points and don't really want to keep them, taking them to lower-mid silver typically gives them enough juice to really help out. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    I have the same dilemma now - I have Monster Bell levelled at G10 with both skills at level 6. I pulled Bell from the Derby boxes 5 times so he’s levelled at B5 for now. I’m considering investing the resources to bring him up to G10 as well solely for WOH and place him as a Sub.

Definitely a benefit to have two stacked batters that could face LHP or RHP in the final rounds. He’ll be a bench player otherwise but will use him every Monday and Wednesday. 
    I went with the stash-and-see approach.  Same with Greinke.  Waiting to see if $5 Gallo pays off.  If so, I probably won't touch Bell.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Gallo paid off for you!
    Houmy said:
    I wouldn't use pxp on any prime below 450 if you are in gold and higher. Pxp is going to be hard to come by so save it.
    @Houmy This didn't get much attention the other day. Is this the general consensus? Are people just cycle capping reward player from HoF and dumping box primes/saving pxp cause the thinking is Glu is going to remain stingy all year with it?
    *bump*

Bueller????

*bump*

Bueller????

I spend my gold on PXP boxes, the deal ones like we had last night. I don’t need to spend gold for walk-off, and don’t like to buy player boxes (I will every now and then), but I bought 40 of the PXP deal II boxes last night. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    *bump*

Bueller????

It depends on your tier and how much access you have to pxp(plat/diamond cvc clubs, etc.). If I was gold or lower, I'd be able to cap primes fairly easily. However, since I'm diamond, I have to be really picky about who I level. I don't like to 'work' on a project. If I can't instantly cap, I don't even start. I also like to keep my options open. Last weekend, I pulled the DJ prime. He's exactly what I need: a nice bat with 2x vs lhp skills. However, in order to cap him, I would've had to use all my pxp and bought some prime improve boxes and hit the fan reward tiers. Not only would that deplete my pxp, but I'd spend a good amount of gold in the process too. The kicker, however, is that the one event that I'd need him for is HoF and if I did level DJ, I'd have no pxp for the HoF player reward. 
    The last two weeks, I've been able to cycle cap the HoF reward(Vlad and Votto). Moving forward, unless the stars align, I can't imagine myself capping a prime any other way. It's simply too costly at diamond. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @dustyhunks  That’s not my strategy regarding primes.  Instead, I have a max 340 or 350 bxp at each position and a prime at each position (almost).  I slowly level my primes, while using my mostly maxed bxp players when I need to be at my strongest...for now.  I’m sure many will disagree with my strategy, but that’s what I’m trying.
  • Bernardo22Bernardo22 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Good input DFBB. I’m at gold tier and realizing you definitely have to pick and choose who you invest your pxp in. I capped up The all star primes with 400 overall (Arenado & Baez) or 390 overall (LeMahieu) which seems worth it but before that I almost capped Marte and Ohtani who are 380 overall. So between LeMahieu, Marte and Ohtani I can only play 2 of them for most game modes which is a dilemma. However they all can be useful in WOH. It’s definitely the GM strategy part of the game. Lol
    Thanks guys. With no pxp (again) availble in slugfest and @Houmy 's comment I held off capping Arenado and Bellinger. Prime Meadows is still my finisher for WoH so at gold I can't see those new guys being run out of my actives any time soon if I were to cap them. I don't plan on moving out of gold any time soon and main club is middle tier plat so there is always pxp available.

Edit: Just pulled Xander on CvC box to complicate things...
    Good input DFBB. I’m at gold tier and realizing you definitely have to pick and choose who you invest your pxp in. I capped up The all star primes with 400 overall (Arenado & Baez) or 390 overall (LeMahieu) which seems worth it but before that I almost capped Marte and Ohtani who are 380 overall. So between LeMahieu, Marte and Ohtani I can only play 2 of them for most game modes which is a dilemma. However they all can be useful in WOH. It’s definitely the GM strategy part of the game. Lol
    It may not be a popular opinion, but I like that we have to make tough choices. I've been able to pull almost every meaningful prime, but Meadows(when I was in gold) is the only prime that I've leveled w/o cycling. 
    DFBB said:
    It may not be a popular opinion, but I like that we have to make tough choices.
    Let's see how much you like it when you can't have a roster of mostly maxed ATG & legends buddy 😶

Houmy said:
    DFBB said:
    Let's see how much you like it when you can't have a roster of mostly maxed ATG & legends buddy 😶

ATG’s coming out in 2019 confirmed!
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:

I'm sort of been in that boat for awhile. If i was gold, I'd have a team full of primes. When I went diamond, I knew that I'd have to give up primes for a good while. I'm really, really enjoying the diamond life. That said, when the legend pops? Well, window shopping can be fun. lol
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:

ATG’s coming out in 2019 confirmed!
    Can we somehow block them coming out or do we have to suffer more "ATG should be the highest max players.." posts by you know who? Asking for some forum friends 😁😁😁

DFBB said:
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:

I'm sort of been in that boat for awhile. If i was gold, I'd have a team full of primes. When I went diamond, I knew that I'd have to give up primes for a good while. I'm really, really enjoying the diamond life. That said, when the legend pops? Well, window shopping can be fun. lol
    It's all about trade-offs with this game. On the one hand you want to try and get the players to their max which can only be done in diamond and on the other hand you want the greatest players available but can't really do much with them (multiples of) past gold unless you have unlimited funds. For me personally it's all about legends & ATG as they are the greatest in baseball history and the reason I got into this game in the first place.

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I pretty much feel the same as @DFBB as far as primes & legends. I won't get my hands on them as quickly as all the Gold teams out there, but know that I can cycle cap to save and also eventually the Prime/Legend XP will be flowing (the last several months of 18 you could get like 400-500k legend XP from woh per week, so very plentiful; the legend XP wasn't the issue so much as all of the gold required to level in diamond).

Oh, and speaking of no gold being required to level in diamond this year: the one-click autoplay that was mentioned in the newsletter actually does add some smoke to the rumor that they are going to get rid of D6 cycling (or at least greatly reduce the amount of gold in the D6 reward). 
    I just called my first prime in Diamond yesterday, now I’m back into saving mode for the next one 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I just called my first prime in Diamond yesterday, now I’m back into saving mode for the next one 

Nice! I capped Monster Bell w/ double late innings and my current project is HR Derby Vlad Jr. But no more 'projects' after that. I want to save enough and then cycle cap moving forward. Seems you can save yourself 600k or more prime xp that way.
    @JEDDDOGGY Yup! I got both Votto and Vlad that way. :)