Options

Today’s WOH and the Real All Star Boxes

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
I was one of many excited Tappers going in to the weekend looking forward to the All Star boxes. Like many of you, I was disappointed as I was hoping to see something similar to last year’s boxes. It didn’t happen....yet. I am hoping to see another box today and tomorrow that has some of this year’s All Stars that are similar to last year’s. BXP guys with a higher overall Max with a few that are at the level of a Prime player.

I am hoping today’s classic WOH prize will be one of the new All Star BXP guys with a Max overall of 360-380 and a HOF prize of an All Star with a 410-430 Max overall BXP guy. It probably won’t happen though considering they just released the first 400 Max overall PXP guys and they seem to be taking their time with the overall Max increases.

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I thought the AS boxes were pretty good. I think sometimes, guys get too caught up with 'max' ratings. Last year, there wasn't a single double skill player in the AS boxes and we were facing specialty pitchers level 6+. This year, we have double skill players and we're facing level 1 pitchers in WoH. In terms of impact, the current AS boxes dwarf those from last year. 
    I do expect to see another batch of AS boxes today, but I think it'll continue the 390-400 prime themes. However, I'm hopeful that we'll see 360 bxp guys.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I thought the AS boxes were pretty good. I think sometimes, guys get too caught up with 'max' ratings. Last year, there wasn't a single double skill player in the AS boxes and we were facing specialty pitchers level 6+. This year, we have double skill players and we're facing level 1 pitchers in WoH. In terms of impact, the current AS boxes dwarf those from last year. 
    I do expect to see another batch of AS boxes today, but I think it'll continue the 390-400 prime themes. However, I'm hopeful that we'll see 360 bxp guys.

Agreed the AS boxes from this weekend were awesome. It helps I was extremely lucky in my pulls as well.
    Need more Living Legends!
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    How do u guys remember all of this crap from 18? Yesterday I forgot what day it was
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    The fact that there was at least a decent amount of pxp as a fall-back in the boxes is what made them solid for me.  I was able to cap all my prime hitters at g10 this weekend, including Trout
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts

Correct still?
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    So is today it? We aren't even going to see 360 max players in these much hyped all star boxes, let alone something significantly better than that? I mean I guess I can hold out some hope for tomorrow, but I don't ever remember them releasing new boxes on a Tuesday. 
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    No high max bxp players... why? 🤔 ehh pretty simple really they want ur money 💰 
    Pretty disappointed to be honest.. tho I did pull prime bell so now I have both 380 prime bells. 😕
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    They want you to buy PoTM box for those "higher max bxp players".
  • Options
    They want you to buy PoTM box for those "higher max bxp players".
    I did. But I thought the absolute worst we would see with these boxes was 360 max since they raised the max for prime players by 20 points to 400. Seems they are using the All Star boxes to push primes even harder than they already have. I guess that seems to work for a lot of people, maybe I'm in the minority being unhappy about all these primes.
  • Options
    I know most of you guys don't play warmup but does anyone pull player out the box.  I have been it a total of 10 times in the past few weeks and never gotten a player
  • Options
    I know most of you guys don't play warmup but does anyone pull player out the box.  I have been it a total of 10 times in the past few weeks and never gotten a player
    I occasionally sim through warmup still if waiting for vid continue to to recharge. Beaten warmup maybe 7-8 times total, pulled the player once. 
  • Options
    FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,094 Posts
    Yeah I only pulled the player once, which was the Austin Meadows a few weeks back.  Other than that, not usually.
    Just no.  
  • Options
    Took 3 times today
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Nice! @bayoubengal
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    That Joc looks nice too tbh 
  • Options
    my first time cycling classic 🤗
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @bayoubengal very nice.  I have not played woh much, after pulling Santana in my first box buy.  I need to get back on it...
  • Options
    Anyone know the last 4 of hof?
  • Options

• Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    I’m 0-10 on the classic box today. 0-forever to be exact 
  • Options
    So looks like the big all star offer this year is those 5$ potential primes that I wouldn't even pay gold to acquire, let alone real money. These boxes are basically the same as they've been releasing for weeks. All they did was bump up primes, increase the drop rate for primes (while lowering drop rate for blue xp) and slap an all star graphic on them. Only good thing from my perspective about this whole all star promo has been the return of double gold vids.
  • Options
    Just got Chris Sale'd in 5-9 with 9 straight curveballs twice when I got to him.  what luck
  • Options
    lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Just got Chris Sale'd in 5-9 with 9 straight curveballs twice when I got to him.  what luck
    Same here. My keeper Schmidt cant get a pitch to hit. Video restarts haven't been working naturally