Trade in player

bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
What are the thoughts of trading in 5* with no skills and lower.
First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.

Comments

• LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Some people keep them in the hopes that they pull the same player and collect extra xp.
    Personally, I trade them in.

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I do it every time
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I suppose it depends on your team...for me, there isn’t any player I have now that’s less than a max 340 overall, so any draft pick I acquire now, is traded in for xp.
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Trade them in.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I don't currently have anyone with less than 325 max AND double-skill, except former POTWs.  Didn't want to, but I traded a ton of single-skill players to cap players at g10 last Thursday.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Some people keep them in the hopes that they pull the same player and collect extra xp.
    Personally, I trade them in.

I trade them in too, I'd rather the XP honestly. New players come out constantly and I am more worried about powering up new players so I can upgrade my lineup than holding on to some in the hopes they become bonus guys or something. The exception is PotW who can repeat and will then get boosted again. I've saved PotW Yelich and Bellinger for this reason.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
    Yeah, I have several former POTWs just layy around, collecting dust...
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    The more you play, the better you'll get and the more better players you'll get. I suck but I've played a lot, so my team, except LR, RP1 and RP2, consists of all double-skill specialty or prime players. You'll always need xp, after maybe like 700 games or so (YMMV), non-skill 5-stars aren't gonna do much of anything. After you trade them in, you'll find it extremely difficult to even remember their names. 
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    I trade them in. 
    ~UNAGI~
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    So everyone has a strategy.   Normally I trade my picks in when I'm at 150 of late 150 2nd round than whatever it ends up being on first and #1 picks. My question is. Do u start getting extra xp per pick once u reach enough til there is no space left on inactives or once I have traded in so many. Cause if its once u reach the inactive roster limit. Wouldn't u be best off locking those player and not trading them and hoping to get them again for the duplicate xp. While gaining the extra xp per pick for reaching ur limit of inactives?
    @tribeguy2147 it seems as if the "limit" is a firm limit now. Some guys are reporting their inactives are being purged as they open picks, and it isn't the worst players being purged. Dangerous game to play.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    @tribeguy2147 it seems as if the "limit" is a firm limit now. Some guys are reporting their inactives are being purged as they open picks, and it isn't the worst players being purged. Dangerous game to play.
    Some of that happened to me actually.  So now I just go trade in a couple players before I start opening lots of boxes or gold picks.
    Just no.  
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Yeah I had some better players get traded in right away. However I'll do 400 picks or so late round and second round. And maybe get 10 duplicates. I had easily 30 or 40 today. It was incredible. 
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    Never keep them once u have a 5 with abilities. The player might be a bonus again, but it's doubtful. Glu is in full swing with new versions now. 

Take the co every time
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    I keep any of them that are 5 star with abilities. Works great for events where I strike out on bonus players. Example being this event. I went 0/8 on boxes, yet I have 5 Dodgers & 3 Red Sox in my lineup because I kept players. I'm scoring 100k+ on prime games w/o any box players.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    edited July 2019

Dont use them now.  Should I trade in my prime muncy and chavis? 

@retirepujols @Tdub71 @dustyhunks
    I wouldn't, unless you are desperate for the pxp.  You may get 5k total for them. 

If you suddenly acquire a bunch of pxp (season mode and mega deal boxes, for instance), you might want that Chavis.  He has decent woh skills. 

I used to hate blowout, but I am warming up to it, as it is useful for CVC purposes.  Not sure the max on Muncy, 400 I would guess.  That could make him relevant, too.  Assuming we don't get a significant max bump.
    edited July 2019
    You've jumped to gold, right? @bayoubengal if you've jumped to gold it will take 71,500 pxp to level one of those dudes from s10 to g10. If you acquire a new prime that you would like to cap from a weekend box, and jump into a 30 discount club, it will cost you 82,970 pxp from b1-g10 (66,376 if you add field pass). If you have no use for them, I would trade them in personally and hope to see 420 primes land in your lap next weekend 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts

@retirepujols I picked up wolters Thursday. That’s my guy I want to level up.  Muncy and chavis don’t make my lineup even for WOH
    Muncy and chavis don’t make my lineup even for WOH
    Well, then. I think you have your answer 😂 the only purpose they could serve now is if they're recycled as a bonus player. For the record, I've had maybe 2 players recycle as a bonus player so far out of the trillions it seems I've had. 
    Yeah.  After seeing your current 1B/2B situation, I agree with @retirepujols.  Wolters will be big for you.
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Speaking of holding on to players.. I’ve held on to a 390 max Prime Blackmon that has double right handed pitcher skills. I never attempted to level him because I already had a 400 max prime capped at G10 and PXP was hard to come by. I currently have just about enough PXP to get him all the way to G10. Should I go for it? Having a prime lefty with double right skills could be great for WOH, but I’ve been trying to save all that PXP for when we start seeing 410+ Primes 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    If you get through WOH without him, I’d drag my feet on him a little longer. Royale required a lot of lefties last week though. 
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    @Base15 sadly I’m G10 and have yet to beat HOF on Monday’s WOH. Team is all G10 350 BXP hitters paired with my G10 Prime Benintendi. I normally can cycle Classic mode two or three times. Blackmon could make the difference, or he could be a waste because my team still wouldn’t be good enough to pass. Decisions, decisions haha 
  • gerbs94gerbs94 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    I always trade in. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Speaking of holding on to players.. I’ve held on to a 390 max Prime Blackmon that has double right handed pitcher skills. I never attempted to level him because I already had a 400 max prime capped at G10 and PXP was hard to come by. I currently have just about enough PXP to get him all the way to G10. Should I go for it? Having a prime lefty with double right skills could be great for WOH, but I’ve been trying to save all that PXP for when we start seeing 410+ Primes 
    This is less advice and more my observations. If you wait for higher rated players, you'll wait all year. That's just how I play. Not everyone will agree. A double-RHP skill player, particularly a Prime one, is going to be a savage in WOH. If WOH is your thing, I'd upgrade him, because even when higher max players are released, you still have to earn them. I'm a "one in the air beats two in the bush" sort of player, so I'd rather deal with what's in front of me because the game will be more fun with that kind of player now. I'll worry about leveling the 410 guy when I get him, and be excited to have that problem.