Uh oh toggling ad reset isn’t working

midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
Anyone else having issues with videos?  Toggling ad reset has always worked until now. 
Prev1

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I thought I was having the same issue on Monday, but there was just a lag of some kind.  I haven't been grinding any vids today, so haven't tried recently.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited July 2019
    It seems to be working for me again. Was down for about an hour or so.

Edit: no longer working lol
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Same here not working for me 
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Shew, I thought it was just me and Tapjoy got mad at me for the massive amount of gold I earned during the 2x gold event. I'm thankful to see this is a issue with more than me! 
    ~UNAGI~
    Working now 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    weird happened to me too, started working during CVC though
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Videos for gold haven’t worked here since I updated but videos for everything else still functions.
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Videos for gold haven’t worked here since I updated but videos for everything else still functions.
    Same here 
    Not working since update 😞
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    This is what I’m getting 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Same here
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    same here
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    This is what I’m getting 
    I had this when I updated before 8 eastern, now it looks normal for me, but I also don’t watch videos for gold. Probably won’t and will save mine for video achievements and walk-off video boosts 
    Can’t watch videos for gold.. but was able to complete 9/10 videos required for achievements 🙄
    Awesome update 👍🏻
  • Bebeskid87Bebeskid87 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    All my videos work except for gold. I made sure to mention that before they tried to hit me with the no advertisement in my area crap 
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    All my videos work except for gold. I made sure to mention that before they tried to hit me with the no advertisement in my area crap 
    Sent ticket also. Still works for boosting bonus games, etc. Also noted that there are 12 of us here at work who play. Three of us updated (ads are broken for all 3 of us). Nine of us have not updated, all of theirs are still working fine so it's def. not some regional bs.
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    Works fine for me. 
    ~UNAGI~
  • andujar41andujar41 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    This is so disappointing! I love this game, been playing since last August.  I'm guessing they did something in this new update so resetting the ad ID won't let you watch unlimited videos for gold anymore. Seriously,  what's the point of even playing if they're going to limit us to like 480 gold per 24 hours? I've gotten my team up to 96K since I installed it on my new tablet in April- and that's without spending money. I'm permanently disabled and don't have extra money to spend on this game. It really sucks that I wasted countless hours over the past 3 months on this game, only to find out that there's no point in playing anymore because I'll never have enough gold to improve my team. Glu should do something to keep those of us who don't have money to blow on their game interested. I'm sure they already make tons of money off this game, considering half the teams I go up against have the VIP badges... c'mon man! Don't be greedy!
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Guys, need to chill with the speculation. Based on behaviour of ads yesterday I would think either Tapjoy CDN is having issues or how Glu connects to whatever ad platform is used is changing or having issues. No vids being available intermittently and then not being able to contact vendor for reward make me think its the underlying system having issues. The vid reward system changed last update as well but went much smoother. Think its too early to get all amped up about this.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    All due respect, @dustyhunks, but if the scenario you suggested is true, that's a pretty compelling message. Did they not care enough about a critical component of the game for many of us to run a proper QC on it before launching? Or are they content quietly turning away after nerfing its utilization to the point where the biggest thing you can purchase from watching videos is another daily mystery box? It sounds great for them to suggest it's an intermittent issue. Seems far more likely they're turning it off and on at their whim, but either way, as a frequent player of this game, I'm not really thrilled. At least I can buy stickers though. (cough) (ahem)
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    Did they not care enough about a critical component of the game for many of us to run a proper QC on it before launching? 

You think the feature that lets people get free gold is a critical component to them? The way things are going here it really seems like Glu is basically just trying to get rid of people playing the game and not spending any money. That said, I'm not sure about using the terms Glu and proper QC in the same sentence anyway. It seems like nearly every new feature they release has some sort of major issue (just thinking back to when HOF mode and walkoff tiers was introduced, for one example... oh, and when they released Clash mode... and so on, you get it).

Hopefully its resolved soon.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    It’s an oddity, on the same WiFi my normal team my phone has no videos for gold since the update, my iPad junk team I updated this morning has videos for gold so that suggests to me there’s some issue that the update caused.  They likely did QC things but strange things happen in a lot of games when an update gets pushed and something that worked fine for a few hundred people suddenly doesn’t work as well when 10s of thousands at minimum get their hands on something with all different kinds of devices and configurations.  They have a lot of problems but this is more of a mistake than something malicious on their part.  They want you to watch the ads, maybe not thousands a day but they’re not going to want to have none at all, as it is revenue lost.  We’ll see how long it takes for them to get things fixed up.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    We just had someone in our club get locked out with the 37% screen and "suspicious activity detected" message for resetting their Ad Id, so be careful I guess...
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    It appears that they're cracking down on ad-watching. A VIP former clubmate of mine got the locked out ban  after toggling the ads on/off. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    You think the feature that lets people get free gold is a critical component to them?
    Just so I'm clear, @JEDDDOGGY I wasn't referring to Glu. I said it was a critical component to many players, myself included. While it certainly doesn't pull in the revenue as cash for gold, watching videos is absolutely not free gold. Free gold is what they give away. Watching videos generates revenue, it boosts time in the app and it strengthens the in-game economy. 

It's a business, and if they're making a business decision to force non-paying users to either spend money or stop advancing, they have their reasons to do so (perhaps there's too much gold circulating right now. That can affect the balance).

It's unfortunate though. A big reason I came back after two years off was because, upon trying it again this spring, I saw that I could continue watching videos for gold. It wasn't that way before. That makes me more inclined to continue playing. They aren't profiting hugely on the videos, but I know the costs surrounding running them. Seems like keeping a diverse set of active daily players would be more valuable. It also seems extremely short-sighted to think, when forced with the decision to pay to continue to advance or to quit completely, they'd make up the loss of revenue by the players who choose to pay. 

Plain and simple, you can't progress without gold, and the amount of which that's available through in-game rewards isn't even close to adequate. If they feel chopping off the bottom level helps their bottom line, then ok, but starting the game now would absolutely suck, considering the head start everyone else has, especially coming off multiple days of double gold videos. 
    It appears that they're cracking down on ad-watching. A VIP former clubmate of mine got the locked out ban  after toggling the ads on/off. 
    So there's a difference in iOS. Toggling limit ad tracking zero's out ad ID and then changes it to random value. You also have an option to reset ad ID which completely removes device related advertising info. I don't know what Google devices do, if they only have the option to reset/clear ad ID on device. I have clubmates that have toggled the ad tracking off and on and have not gotten banned. I can only presume this person reset the ad related stuff which we have known to be looked down upon.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    You think the feature that lets people get free gold is a critical component to them?

It's a business, and if they're making a business decision to force non-paying users to either spend money or stop advancing, they have their reasons to do so (perhaps there's too much gold circulating right now. That can affect the balance).

I think the opposite is true here. They aren’t trying to force you to stop advancing, but rather actually make you play the game to earn the gold through playoffs. 

Videos are meant to be a supplement to your gold stash.  I believe they want you to earn your gold by going diamond and playing the actual game instead of watching videos. 
     U taking away videos they want you to spend money I’m not sure how that couldn’t be anymore obvious. 
    @Bigpredfan Don't think you are wrong. Looks like diamond is the only option long-term.
    By taking away videos for gold  they want you to spend money I’m not sure how that couldn’t be more obvious. Sorry for double post