Uh oh toggling ad reset isn’t working

2Next

Comments

• Grippy5Grippy5 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I don't know what to do with my life since I can't watch videos

Do I actually work at work now? These are confusing times
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
      My videos have never stopped working and I have been on the before and after update.. I am actually watching videos now for gold..
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
      My videos have never stopped working and I have been on the before and after update.. I am actually watching videos now for gold..
    Mine have always worked when I toggle the ad thing in IOS settings. I am scared to watch videos now until I have to toggle to get them back. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    It appears that they're cracking down on ad-watching. A VIP former clubmate of mine got the locked out ban  after toggling the ads on/off. 
    So there's a difference in iOS. Toggling limit ad tracking zero's out ad ID and then changes it to random value. You also have an option to reset ad ID which completely removes device related advertising info. I don't know what Google devices do, if they only have the option to reset/clear ad ID on device. I have clubmates that have toggled the ad tracking off and on and have not gotten banned. I can only presume this person reset the ad related stuff which we have known to be looked down upon.
    If they banned him for doing that, he should report the developers to Apple/Android. The game does not have the authority to tell you how you wish to consume content on your device. That said, make certain that's the reason the ban was issued. Since Glu enjoys keeping their reasons hidden, one can make the argument they're doing it because people are watching the ads Glu wants you to watch, which they can't do without your consent (i.e. you have the choice to allow your device's tracking data to be seen or not). 

@dustyhunks is right in his description of the differences in toggling the ad tracker on and off vs. resetting the entire ad ID. Neither of these actions can be considered cheating in any way, though. But some ads (maybe more lucrative or more willing to provide Glu with a lower rate) are set to fire only on certain ad id combinations. Because of that, their automated security might see that action as you changing your device, so it flags it as a potential intrusion by a third party. None of this is accurate, nor is it a violation of Glu's terms of service, so they should be reported for that. 

However, I'd recommend toggling the ad tracker on and back off after force-closing the app over resetting the ad id. The first option keeps the ads more customized, and will provide more variety, including shorter ads. Resetting the ad id gives you basically the first option available, which is going to be the most profitable for the game. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

It appears that they're cracking down on ad-watching. A VIP former clubmate of mine got the locked out ban  after toggling the ads on/off. 
    So there's a difference in iOS. Toggling limit ad tracking zero's out ad ID and then changes it to random value. You also have an option to reset ad ID which completely removes device related advertising info. I don't know what Google devices do, if they only have the option to reset/clear ad ID on device. I have clubmates that have toggled the ad tracking off and on and have not gotten banned. I can only presume this person reset the ad related stuff which we have known to be looked down upon.

@dustyhunks is right in his description of the differences in toggling the ad tracker on and off vs. resetting the entire ad ID. Neither of these actions can be considered cheating in any way though

Really?  So you find a way to watch more videos than the daily limit that was set by Glu and the advertisers and that isn’t in any way cheating?  You are circumventing a limit set by the company by changing a setting, which I could easily view as cheating. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    FWIW...I am now a 54 year old asian semi/gender/neutral  heavy smoker that loves Trump, I order fast food 3 times a week from a non casual dining place, and I have car, rv, boat, house, rental house, health, and life insurance, I participate in my company funded 401k, I have stocks, bonds, a heloc, credit cards, prepaid net spend cards, a mortgage, an auto loan, an HSA, I watch tv 12-19 hours a day on, Antenna, Cable (spectrum, twc, directv, dish, psvue, directv now, hulu, vivo, I use netflix, prime video, plex, appletv, showtime anytime, hbo now, hbo go, max go, cinemax, showtime, hbo, on demand, paramount, and me-tv.    

Ok that covers the first survey I took, that 21 gold is totally worth it.

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• SupremewolfpackSupremewolfpack Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    Glad to know the video for gold problem is system wide and affecting everyone (and not just me). If a limit of number of videos for gold we can watch per day is a probable explanation of the change in the video for gold feature as suggested by many in this thread, I will need therapy to recover from this game.

My expectation is that a glitch in the game exists associated with the update and will be fixed as soon as possible. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    edited July 2019
    FWIW...I am now a 54 year old asian semi/gender/neutral  heavy smoker that loves Trump, I order fast food 3 times a week from a non casual dining place, and I have car, rv, boat, house, rental house, health, and life insurance, I participate in my company funded 401k, I have stocks, bonds, a heloc, credit cards, prepaid net spend cards, a mortgage, an auto loan, an HSA, I watch tv 12-19 hours a day on, Antenna, Cable (spectrum, twc, directv, dish, psvue, directv now, hulu, vivo, I use netflix, prime video, plex, appletv, showtime anytime, hbo now, hbo go, max go, cinemax, showtime, hbo, on demand, paramount, and me-tv.    

Ok that covers the first survey I took, that 21 gold is totally worth it.

• andujar41andujar41 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    idk guys, I hope I'm wrong- but I think they did something with the update that prevents us from watching unlimited ads by resetting the ad ID. I honestly don't believe it's a quality control issue that will eventually get fixed like some people are suggesting. 

Not that I DO have money to blow on this game, but if I did, I would just buy MLB The Show FOR PS4 and play that instead. If I were rich I wouldn't mind blowing money on this game, but I'm not- and personally I think it's absolutely insane to pay the prices GLU wants for gold and players that won't be as useful 3 days from now. It was fun while it lasted, but I think it's time to switch back to the PS4 for me... It's been a while. Have fun saving your gold from videos for 3 days just so you can be surprised with xp in all 3 boxes you open.  And for those of you that can afford to spend, I'm happy for ya- have fun! It's a shame because this has been my absolute favorite game over the past year.
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    I put in a request regarding no videos available for gold. Still haven't gotten an update yet. Anyone else have any news?
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    check the news tab... they just sent a notice out.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Check the news tab they just put out a message.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts

@dustyhunks is right in his description of the differences in toggling the ad tracker on and off vs. resetting the entire ad ID. Neither of these actions can be considered cheating in any way though

Really?  So you find a way to watch more videos than the daily limit that was set by Glu and the advertisers and that isn’t in any way cheating?  You are circumventing a limit set by the company by changing a setting, which I could easily view as cheating. 
    ...Yes. Regardless of how you view it, regulations imposed in the U.S. say we have the right to determine for our own reasons whether or not our data is shared with advertisers. This is why the option is readily available (required, in fact) on our devices and are installed by the manufacturers. 

If we were able to circumvent (your word) any limit (your theory) before, and can't now, it means there wasn't a limit before. Therefore, it's silly to think of it as cheating. I appreciate a nice "gotcha" post as much as anyone, but maybe you should dig into the whole subject a little more before trying to inject forum cheater-speak into a topic. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Apple makes it pretty clear that it is within your rights to do these things on your device(s).

• Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    edited July 2019
    There you have it folks. We weren't crazy
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Oh and for those who say resetting ID can get you banned, here's the CS response to my ticket last night TELLING ME to do just that.