ATTN: if you were cheating, please stop.

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
🤔

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    This is the best change in the new update. Cheaters will always figure out a way to cheat but hopefully this will slow them down. 
  • mancov2001mancov2001 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    edited July 2019
    What is Game Guardian exactly and how was it being used
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    While I do understand the business aspect, it's disappointing that the cheaters were given a heads up.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    This explains the lack of presence of a few notable players this weekend 
    #freecanadacubs 🤣
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    There are other softwares out there to cheat. This only gives cheaters the opportunity to move on.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    While I do understand the business aspect, it's disappointing that the cheaters were given a heads up.
    I don’t think this message was posted for those who cheated, but moreso for those of us who don’t. This is a PR post plain and simple. 
  • safeco24safeco24 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I don’t think this message was posted for those who cheated, but moreso for those of us who don’t. This is a PR post plain and simple. 
    Agreed. This is straight up deterrence for amateur hackers and straight players either considering or concerned about cheaters. 

The actually "good", experienced hackers are either not using GG or they know how to prevent detection. 

Still a very good announcement, though. If anything, it lets people know GLU is going operational against certain cheating techniques. 
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @canadacubs ShopUnavailable, I believe.
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Odd that it was only sent to VIPs ??
    likenight said:
    No, it was an in game announcement to all under the news tab. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    likenight said:
    Never received that in news..... Maybe just Android.  There are a few things that android users say happen that I have not seen on iPhone.
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    likenight said:
    It wasn’t, but your point remains accurate. We got the news post because Glu wanted to protect its whales from jail. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited July 2019
    likenight said:
    Never received that in news..... Maybe just Android.  There are a few things that android users say happen that I have not seen on iPhone.
    It was only on there for a short time and then removed. Maybe they finally figured out it's not such a great idea to let those that don't know about it how to cheat as I am sure there will be a workaround for it soon to mask it on your device. And then there is the legal issue of GLU telling you what you can and cannot have installed on your device.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Houmy said:
    likenight said:
    It was only on there for a short time and then removed. Maybe they finally figured out it's not such a great idea to let those that don't know about it how to cheat as I am sure there will be a workaround for it soon to mask it on your device. And then there is the legal issue of GLU telling you what you can and cannot have installed on your device.
    well, they do tell us we cannot use a VPN, so there is that
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    likenight said:
    And then there is the legal issue of GLU telling you what you can and cannot have installed on your device.
    I don’t think this is as big of an issue as I had thought when I read the message. They aren’t saying you can’t have something installed on your phone. They are saying you cannot use their product if you have something else installed on your phone. It is making people make a choice, not demanding that something has to be removed. 

Its like a store having a “No shirts, no shoes, no service sign”. They aren’t demanding you put on a shirt, but saying you can’t come in unless you have one on 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Houmy said:
    I'd imagine there's something in their terms of service that prohibits the use of third-party software to change the make-up of the game. At the same time, if they're willing to say "if you use it, you'll be banned" as opposed to just out-right banning everyone who's used it, it seems more like an olive branch extended to players using that software. Agreeing to disregard the past if they don't use it moving forward. That suggests they couldn't identify those using it previously, and now they can. 

Overall, the big thing is the fact no software designed specifically to cheat games is going to exist long if they can't find ways around being identified. As a non-cheater, Glu's announcement has taught me more how to cheat than I knew previously (they're also admitting there are cheaters within the game). Because of that, it seems wise to just accept the criminal will always be ahead of the cop, but sending a warning shot to those who aren't currently cheating. 
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    What sucks, is the new update has frozen me out. I've never cheated nor had any cheating apps. I've played every damn day for 2 years, off seasons included. Had a 90k team that I've "earned" the hard way, having only spent $10 all year.  
    Yet the joke that is customer service can't give an answer. One says it's a problem the developers are working on, and another told me there's no problem at all. 

Obviously I love the game. However, I am probably done with it. Frustrating as hell! 
  • KristieKKristieK Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    @DaveMustang if you have an Android make sure your phone is updated to 9.0 (PIE) For some reason my phone didn't notify me that I had an update. That worked for me at least. I hope this helps you out...
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    Thanks for the try. Hell, ur already better than customer service. Lol
  • BurbankCABurbankCA Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    I always suspected that some people might be cheating... 
    But then I would think to myself; 'who the heck would cheat on an Android baseball game'? 

It makes sense now how some people can put up 100 million points in the first 8 minutes of an event. 

Also, I never understood how my team would get absolutely destroyed in every single CvC event - even though my team was evenly ranked with the others AND I could beat those guys 7 / 10 times in head to head matchups? 

If you're a cheater and you're reading this, how pathetic are you? Where is the sense of accomplishment in doing that? You're basically stealing from your clubmates...
    If I found out someone in my club was cheating and collecting all the bonus prizes by doing so, I'd be so pissed off... unforgivable. He goes of I go. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    BurbankCA said:
    If you're a cheater and you're reading this, how pathetic are you? Where is the sense of accomplishment in doing that? 
    I'm sorry, this kind of stuff really makes me laugh. It's a video game, not the BAR exam. Questioning someone's sense of accomplishment seems even less worthy of someone else's time and attention than cheating a video game. Just my useless $0.02...
    That's my point exactly. It's the BAR exam. Heck, it's not even MLB The Show... So why would you even want to cheat? F*#! is the point in doing so? 
    It's not the bar I meant
    @BurbankCA to be fair, with the right amount of bonus players and multipliers teams can easily put up a hundred million points within the first 10 minutes fairly easily without cheating. 
    I understand and appreciate that... And I respect players like yourself Pujols. We were clubmates for some time and you crushed me at CvC and pretty much everything else incl head to head. And you did so because you were better and your team much stronger than mine. You didn't cheat. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited July 2019
    @BurbankCA to be fair, with the right amount of bonus players and multipliers teams can easily put up a hundred million points within the first 10 minutes fairly easily without cheating. 
    Drop 20k gold to get Springer, cycle WoH and HoF day before, cap them all and put up 4 RBI each today per game with 25 games played (~500 gold to do it consecutively) you've got 24million points right there in about 5 minutes. Odds are if you can do all those things you will have both more bonus players and have your dudes put up way more than 960k bonus points per game played...
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @BurbankCA People cheat for a variety of reasons. It's pretty lame that for some, competing and cheating go hand in hand. Regardless,at the end of the day, it's just a game. If it's fun, you're doing it right. 
    I can't do that... I'm not good enough. I'm not as good as you man. I try, but you're better. 

But, that being said... I'm not bad either. In fact, I'm better than most. 
    And if my team is 90k and the other team is 90k and I consistently beat said other team 7 out of 10 times head to head... I shouldn't get CRUSHED by said team 100% when rewards are on the line. 
    DFBB said:
    @BurbankCA People cheat for a variety of reasons. It's pretty lame that for some, competing and cheating go hand in hand. Regardless,at the end of the day, it's just a game. If it's fun, you're doing it right. 
    BurbankCA said:
    DFBB said:
    No, you're wrong. If you're cheating and taking rewards and gifts away from players who don't cheat and are better than you, it doesn't matter how much fun you get out of it... Its wrong.