Field Pass

Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
So what was everyone's take on the new field pass? Likes/dislikes? Worth the 19.99? I've read about the milestones being to much, but to me the leveling discount, the gold, and couple free boxes is what most people are after.  Just looking for everyone's insight that purchased it this weekend.

Comments

• Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Not a fan of the cvc requirements. Reached L5 on event but only L2 on cvc so those rewards were minimal.
    The deceitful time switch/time zone thing kinda soured me to the whole thing on top of it.
    However, I had a decent stockpile of pxp/bxp so I took advantage of the discount leveling.
    Looks like I might use it about once every month or two after saving up xp. 
    If they make the rewards just a total combined score, then I'd be more attracted to the deal.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    It should be a combined score. it was the first go round so perhaps it will change.. I did however love the leveling discount.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I love the auto play but was planning on using the discount to level up during woh today. That move was extremely shady. Might not do it again. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Personally I would avoid it unless you plan on doing a lot of player leveling.  Wait until you have resources stacked or are jumping tiers to like platinum or diamond.  Its especially handy for keeper leveling.  I did get it and dont think I got as much mileage out of it as I could.  Part of that is because the ending time was not super clear and I am a little disappointed by that.
  • troutanglertroutangler Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    Pros 
    auto play 
    leveling discount 
    gold free boxes 
    cons 
    unreasonable milestones mainly the CvC I can only guess this is to stop the sandbagging in CvC  to me that is what I enjoy about CvC is the different strategy we can use sometimes playing  keeping score low or playing the last mintues of the match is the only thing I really enjoy about CvC I do not enjoy having to just push auto play button trying just get max high score every match 
    Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not Defeated
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Wait until you have resources stacked or are jumping tiers to like platinum or diamond.  
    100% this. I got it this weekend to check it out, and it was nice, but I don't plan on paying for it again until I can cap two primes with it and have the ability to cycle d6 twice. That's my plan, at least. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It's a cool concept. A solid value for sure, especially for those at higher tiers who can maximize the benefits. Personally, like others, I'm quite disappointed in the expiration time. I wouldn't have bought it had I known it was 9am pacific time.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    they haven't explained a lot about it yet and it isn't totally clear. Maybe the milestones are that crazy because it accumulates. In other words, when/if you buy it again in the future, it continues when it stopped this time, so that in 2-3 times you can actually reach milestones greater than the 3rd-4th. Just saying.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I'm going to try keeping the app open and not rebooting the game to see if I still get leveling discount past event start today LOL.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I'm going to try keeping the app open and not rebooting the game to see if I still get leveling discount past event start today LOL.
    Whoa. Read my mind! LOL
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Whoa. Read my mind! LOL
    The only way that would work is if they post the new WOH rewards early enough to get in before Field Pass ends.  My guess is that it will be 12:01 eastern time / 9:01 pacific time when they update the rewards, but I am rooting for all of you guys to get the discount.
    edited July 2019
    Do you have to restart the app to get the boxes in the store? I could try pulling the reward guy since he'll likely be in the box. Haha. At that rate I'd be better off buying Prime improve boxes... which I'll never do.

I have 267k prime xp right now, will have 42k more when CvC rewards are released for a total of 309k prime xp. Maybe that will do it today. I think that would get me to D2.
    My Field pass still says it ends at 16:00:00 is that just straight up BS?

edited July 2019
    @matt_sackett it is 1600 UTC which is the timezone that is the coordinated universal timezone (like a default time zone, basically). It's a load of BS because they always refer to PT when releasing announcements and updates.

But who actually uses UTC when telling time? Answer - people in Antartica - that's who.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited July 2019
    All computer hardware at the lowest level uses UTC as a standard. It's not actually a timezone but rather an agreed upon time standard kept across the world.
    SO if I change the timezone on my iPhone to Hawaiian standard time but travel to Aruba...theoretically I should go back in time and pull a 2 skill Roberto Clemente Prime?

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    You'll pull something, yes...
    I clicked to collect CvC rewards and did not get them added to my totals. Sucks as it completely wrecks my plan to cycle cap the HOF player today. I need the xp to do it, and now have to submit a ticket which will not be answered in time.
  • HarveyBarsHarveyBars Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    So what was everyone's take on the new field pass? Likes/dislikes? Worth the 19.99? I've read about the milestones being to much, but to me the leveling discount, the gold, and couple free boxes is what most people are after.  Just looking for everyone's insight that purchased it this weekend.
    Highly disappointed, the leveling discount was nice. The rewards were weak, as usual I only got XP like always from the boxes. Besides that very weak, wont do it agian personally!!!
    ShareTheLove
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited July 2019
    So it seems there will be a Field Pass for weekdays and a Field Pass for weekends.  The weekday one seems like a much better bargain since it costs only $9.99, covers WOH, and the Milestones are easier to achieve.  What does everyone think?

Edit: Forgot to add the time saving on Thursdays with Autoplay of Bonus Games as well.
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    So it seems there will be a Field Pass for weekdays and a Field Pass for weekends.  The weekday one seems like a much better bargain since it costs only $9.99, covers WOH, and the Milestones are easier to achieve.  What does everyone think?

Edit: Forgot to add the time saving on Thursdays with Autoplay of Bonus Games as well.
    It'll be most helpful for leveling mid-week bonus guys that would otherwise never be able to be leveled at a discount (therefore I typically don't level these guys past S10 or G10 because I need to conserve XP for WOH days). I still think for me it would be, at best, a periodic thing I might invest in. 

JEDDDOGGY said:
    I clicked to collect CvC rewards and did not get them added to my totals. Sucks as it completely wrecks my plan to cycle cap the HOF player today. I need the xp to do it, and now have to submit a ticket which will not be answered in time.
    Same I didnt get nothing either. I even was ranked 15th in prime points, put up rigjyrbelow 100mil for my club. Smh
    ShareTheLove
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Do you have to restart the app to get the boxes in the store? I could try pulling the reward guy since he'll likely be in the box. Haha. At that rate I'd be better off buying Prime improve boxes... which I'll never do.

I have 267k prime xp right now, will have 42k more when CvC rewards are released for a total of 309k prime xp. Maybe that will do it today. I think that would get me to D2.
    @JEDDDOGGY holy shit, how you maintain that much prime XP lol
    ShareTheLove
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @BigHurt - love Frank Thomas, one of the few that I honestly think didn’t juice it during his career in the height of PEDs and my favorite player from the ages of 8-20 or so.

I agree, I probably won’t do it every single week, but it will definitely be bad ass for when tiering up and leveling a ton of players at once.  Plus, $9.99 is basically a pack of cigs for me, so I don’t mind it.  To me, the weekend event is only about hitting the progression bonuses, so the weekend Field Pass is almost completely useless compared to the weekday one.
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    I had it for wknd and loved it, I pulled 3 prime players on Friday but didn’t have much pxp for them (I think 30 k).  So I went to work on cvc wins for some pxp.  Also finished another season finals (20 k pxp total).   I think I had about 70-80 k pxp racked up by sat.  
       So then I jumped clubs to a 1.3 level discount club and along with the 20% FP discount ( total of 50% leveling discount for wknd players.   
     I capped 1 prime and got mid gold with 2nd prime.   Then Sunday I had enough to finish 2nd prime 😁.     It was a successful wknd for me!!

next best thing in that deal is definitely the “auto to end” option.   Will be an amazing feature for all those GOATS pushing through 1000 games at a time!!   

I do agree with some points above though, you gotta be ready to go hard while it’s in play, and have the resources and time to take advantage of the perks.  The progress rewards need some fixing as cvc points needed are extremely high for most of us!!