Options

CvC club question

mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
edited July 2019 in General TSB Discussion
At what point is it better to move from a CvC club where I provide 90% of the scoring (winning MVP in almost every match, which means more boxes and thus more chances at good players) to a competitive CvC club that has good team rewards (particularly prime XP)?

FWIW: I have a TS of 74K and have my players capped at Silver 10. Haven’t moved to gold yet because I don’t have the resources to immediately be competitive in WOH. I love winning most match MVP rewards, but I’ve gotten to the point where it’s hard to find new players that will make my lineup, so I wonder if it would be worth trying to find a competitive CvC club. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Which tier is your club in, and what would you say are your typical high round/MVP scores?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @retirepujols  Silver VII and I would say scores of 1.25M to 2.5M or more (depending on if I can land bonus players). I have 1.258M in the current round with 1 more ticket left and no bonus players this weekend.
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    If you don’t mind playing solo there’s plenty of Gold clubs out there were you don’t have to put up as many points and win better stuff. I’ve seen platinum clubs out there that just wants active members, but you will have competition for MVP. If it’s all about placement in cvc competition like top 5, good luck on ever winning a mvp in those clubs. Those are a few scenarios. @mwilson829
  • Options
    If you don’t mind playing solo there’s plenty of Gold clubs out there were you don’t have to put up as many points and win better stuff. I’ve seen platinum clubs out there that just wants active members, but you will have competition for MVP. If it’s all about placement in cvc competition like top 5, good luck on ever winning a mvp in those clubs. Those are a few scenarios. @mwilson829
    Thanks for the advice. I’m not particularly concerned about continuing to win MVP if the club rewards were good enough. I’m going to need to generate a ton of PXP to make the jump to gold, so what I’m really wondering is if it would be worth sacrificing MVP rewards for better team rewards. I’m basically the only person contributing anything of substance to my club, so we will only place as high as I can carry us. 
  • Options
    RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    I’m in the same boat. I’m in a club by myself (so I could get all the boxes from CVC matches), and quite frankly it has helped me tremendously in this game. I don’t pay to play. Well now, I’m debating trying to find a competitive club for the events. This weekend I’m currently sitting at 10th place in my bracket and have scored 127million. I would love to have 19 other people putting up the same amount of points so we could finish Top 3. Haha it’s a tough decision. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    If it's pxp you're after, MVP and high round in a platinum (or diamond) club would help you tremendously. As mentioned, the less points you have to put up the better. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    If you have a gold club or higher you can work at trying to get it to platinum even diamond if your consistent with getting people to donate. And just load up on resources. That’s what a lot of people have done this year. @RookieTapper

• Options
    RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    My club is still in Silver, sadly. I’m a G10 team with my players at G10 (minus my primes, still working to get them all to G10). I have enough helmets and balls to be a Platinum club, it’s just those dadgum gloves that get me. Haha @UltimateWarrior
  • Options
    HarveyBarsHarveyBars Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    For some reason, I myself suck at putting up cvc points I average only 200k. Events is a way different story, I tear it up on almost every event. I would like to win the cvc prizes, but dont get the chance too due to 3 club members always put up millions on them. Anywho though, good luck on what you decide. 
    ShareTheLove
  • Options
    DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    It's really not hard to get a club to platinum. Mine has done it twice this year with a reset. 

Be careful about jumping around tho. Higher tier clubs are generally gonna expect u to produce ALL the time. If at all possible, find a gold club u can help advance. 

As far as taking ur team to gold, don't worry about advancing even half ur guys. I'm top level platinum, so I do know what I'm talking about. Lol.  U need to get ur best guy maxed out immediately when u go gold or platinum. Then spread the xp around ur remaining top 4.  

Like I said, I'm platinum. I cycle woh every week, and 5 of my top 10 are still gold for various reasons. 

Anyways, whatever u decide, good luck man.