WOH Royale

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    TBH and fair I think they want the focus on Extra Bases today which is why they set it up like this.
    edited July 2019
    3.10 did the vid boost and app crashed WTF
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    I literally traded him in this morning for the xp...ugghhhh...I think I’m officially burnt out on this game...
    Dude, I've been of the opinion that Glu waits to see who I trade in before they pick a bonus!!!  Lol
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited July 2019
    @slafrance2 ya, but extra bases ends in 2 minutes... don't think that's it.

There's a tactic that gambling and other entities employ called "range of emotion". Adrenaline and endorphins are produced at a higher rate when your emotions swing from extreme negative to extreme positive and vice-versa. For people who have long wondered why Glu does things to essentially piss people off on purpose, this is probably why.

I've been called a conspiracy theorist before, but this is a very legitimate thing.

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Harder today than it was last week, but cycled without gold so it wasn't THAT much harder.  I found 5.7 and 5.8 to be the harder ones, 5.9 and 5.10 ended up being pretty easy. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    The last 7 are as follows.
    5.4 - Buehler RHP
    5.5 - Odorizzi RHP
    5.6 - Castillo RHP
    5.7 - Prime Fiers RHP
    5.8 - Prime Chapman LHP
    5.9 - Prime Kuechel LHP
    5.10 - Prime Bieber RHP
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Yeah All flame throwers easy no boost cycle, but no incentive to play anymore today
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Crap, so me finessing my way to get off work early was a bad idea? I'll have to try it for myself to see what you are all talking about. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • sherold22sherold22 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    It's crazy tough for a 340 player
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I did fine until glu pulled it's base running 101 scam (guessing @Houmy has a #gate for that). First swing double, next swing liner to the shortstop for, you guessed it, a double play. What runner with no outs is taking off on the crack of the bat when the ball is IN FRONT OF THEM?!? To make it even more irritating the next pitch is a dinger. Needless to say I lost the round and refuse to spend gold for a restart to get to a 340 max.

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    I did fine until glu pulled it's base running 101 scam (guessing @Houmy has a #gate for that). First swing double, next swing liner to the shortstop for, you guessed it, a double play. What runner with no outs is taking off on the crack of the bat when the ball is IN FRONT OF THEM?!? To make it even more irritating the next pitch is a dinger. Needless to say I lost the round and refuse to spend gold for a restart to get to a 340 max.

Too many gates I am afraid and ever since the update you can add the #pitchlaggate to them. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Well, shit. I was excited to play woh today. Just go to prime, I guess. Jacking up the difficulty and offering a reward no team that can actually earn it needs seems counterproductive. I dunno, maybe that's just me. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    sherold22 said:
    It's crazy tough for a 340 player
    Yeah thats the problem.  Juice really aint worth the squeeze.
    Got to chapman, lost and now I cant even get past 5.3..... Back to gold getting then.
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Wasnt that tough. Lost to 5-10 once before beating it. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited July 2019

Lot's of pitches down the middle I presume? I am seeing maybe 30-40% actual hitable pitches. Less than any other WoH event. 0/5 on 5.10 thus far.

Lot's of pitches down the middle I presume? I am seeing maybe 30-40% actual hitable pitches. Less than any other WoH event. 0/5 on 5.10 thus far.
    Yep.  Meat fastballs from last 4 guys
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    gotten thru 5.10 pretty easy, 5.9 has been a bigger problem for me.  So i guess that part hasnt changed :)

Yep.  Meat fastballs from last 4 guys
    I do to a point, crush all those and get within a run, sometimes with no outs. Then nothing after that. Every time on 5.10, like I'm singled out here. Was like this last week on Weds until live boost then I was able to cycle half dozen times.
    @dustyhunks. 5-10 was that way first time. Second time, came straight at me.  
    Just got through, and I've gotta tell you guys. It's not that bad 🤷🏻‍♂️ I think you're all just getting worked up for nothing lol
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @retirepujols I'm going to record what I am seeing. It's a matter of down the middle or not. Plain and simple. Game has decided I will get fewer of those right now.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Here is the match ups that worked for me.

Video boost only
    @retirepujols I'm going to record what I am seeing. It's a matter of down the middle or not. Plain and simple. Game has decided I will get fewer of those right now.
    I'd love to see that! Might help us come together with an effective strategy for you 😁
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I got to 5-4 and just cant do squat, meh.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

edited July 2019
    Thats what I am saying. It's not my strategy. I cycle cap on the regular. My fate has been decided for me for now. It's not the first time this has happened. Last Wednesday when live boost kicked in I got pitches down the middle 95% of the time, same matchups.

I use Arenado (LHP/RISP) for 5.8 (easy), Bogaerts (Late/LHP) for 5.9 (easy-ish) and Prime Meadows (RHP/Late) for 5.10. Last two 100% active skills. I was using Bellinger but he doesn't have 100% active skills so I swapped with Meadows. All skills are 8/8 for those 4 players. Pitches just aren't there.
    @dustyhunks Prime Meadows is who i used 5-10.   Skills at 9 however
    Lol, of course I record it and it's grooved pitches and I cycle with minimal effort. I do have the vid though...
    I used Jeff McNeil with no skills on 5-10, smacked a couple of homers and won with no outs. Are you missing out on a good pitch, then seeing nothing but garbage after? Or straight up 100% garbage?
    Lol, of course I record it and it's grooved pitches and I cycle with minimal effort. I do have the vid though...
    For science, record it each time now 😂