New update won't open!!

Comments

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @DaveMustang which version of Android is your phone running?
    Phone compatibility as well????

How many droid issues vs iPhone.  
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited July 2019

I just asked because I have a feeling a lot of people that are having issues recently are using some combination of Samsung/older/cheaper/late updating devices. I've seen multiple people mention that they've just now received the update to Android 9.0 (which blew my mind as Android Q's launch is right around the corner), and since they updated their device the game has been working for them. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    It's getting old. However, it's been fine. Who knows?  I'm about over it anyways.  Either they make it work or they don't.  I'm not gonna upgrade my phone for a game.   Lol The worst part of withdrawal has passed. 

Glu asked a few days ago tho.  Then replied that they didn't know what the problem is.  
  • BibbsBibbs Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    Same here Dave. If they don't get it sorted out soon I'll walk away. It sucks cuz I enjoy the game and have 11k in gold right now, but if they are too ignorant to take care of long time customers then I don't want anything to do with them
    Only have 3k sitting there.  Was ready for a box or 3 last weekend...or more. Lol. My team is pretty good. Hate to lose it and a club that's in it's second year, but yeah.... their reaction has left a bad taste. 
  • CYBUNYAKCYBUNYAK Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I am getting over it also.  Hate it because club is great.  Won weeked event 2 weeks ago and have been top 5 for a week.  They are doing just fine without me 
    Mine is falling apart. Lol.  We had about 15 holdovers from last year.  It's just a game but too many are complacent now.  Myself and 3 or 4 others are the only ones who always put up numbers.  2 of them have left, tho I'm invited if this ever gets cleared up.  It's past time to clean house anyways. Sentimentality is making us worse. Lol
  • playadaveplayadave Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    I can't even get the old version to link to my fb anymore either....absolute terrible business ethics....glu's actions really define how they operate and knowing they have loyal customers who spend their hard earned money on this game unable to use what they paid for with no explanation of why just isn't right and what's worse is glu more than likely won't even make it right with the ones of us that have lost out on potential rewards 
    Playa, that shit happened to me Monday. **** sucks. At least u could collect gifts and rewards. Hell, I even played some over the weekend.  Mentioned it in the email tennis I'm playing, and the dude latched onto that. Said my problem is that I need the new upgrade. 
    And no. They'll probably hand out a box or a couple picks. Guy in my club made a good point...they should make us VIPs. At least those who are daily grinders. I'm sure they can tell. 

Would be nice, but....

From what I've seen it seems to be only Androids. At least when it comes to the freeze out. 
    They SHOULD make us vip's, but the truth of the matter is that none of us will probably ever be able to play the game again.
    ...Unless we all buy iPhones, that is
    Bibbs said:
    They SHOULD make us vip's, but the truth of the matter is that none of us will probably ever be able to play the game again.
    I don't know man. Some of us will. Tho, my phone is getting a bit old, so I don't know. Not giving up hope yet. Lol
    Also not getting a new phone entirely because of a game!!👍
    I wonder if you could root your phone and force it to accept updated versions of Android 🤔 I have no issues with the app, but I've been thinking about finding a cheap phone from Craigslist mainly for a second account and to use for music storage. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited July 2019
    I wonder if you could root your phone and force it to accept updated versions of Android 🤔 I have no issues with the app, but I've been thinking about finding a cheap phone from Craigslist mainly for a second account and to use for music storage.

Have 2 who've done that for 2nd teams. That's an idea tho....
  • BurbankCABurbankCA Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    RETIRE PUJOLS - It's BurbankCA and I'm in the same club as you (club: Me0w).

I have a brand new, barely month old Motorola G7 Power and I haven't been able to login since last week. The issue is more than old vs. new phone. 

I too have tried to install/uninstall at least a dozen times. I have cleared cached, deleted storage, reset google ads... I tried downloading the app via apkpure and another 3rd party site... All to no avail. 
    Heck, I can't even run an older version of the game.

I didn't quit on our club, or me0w ... I just can't get in to play. I hope y'all are doing well, please let the others know I didn't quit on them either.

Thanks,

- Bobby
    edited July 2019
    @BurbankCA damn, man. I hope this nonsense gets figured out for you, bro! 
    Just got an email from CS telling me that all is fixed and to log in. If it didn't work then reinstall and all would be good. Nope. Still nothing. Great job Glu! Thanks again!
  • DBsDadDBsDad Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    could you screen shot that email and attach

• DBsDadDBsDad Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    I was able to finally get back into the old version. It took about 5 or 6 log in tries, but no bonus play.  Update is still a no go.
    Bibbs said:
    Just got an email from CS telling me that all is fixed and to log in. If it didn't work then reinstall and all would be good. Nope. Still nothing. Great job Glu! Thanks again!
    What gets me is they close the ticket. I've had a few emails like that. What kind of customer service closes a ticket without having any idea if the problem is gone??

Wow. That's amazing. They have brought incompetence to a whole new level. I was just reading the reviews on Google play store. There are a ton more people having this problem than just us.
  • BurbankCABurbankCA Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    I still cannot login either. I click the app, game logo appears, after about 6 seconds the logo disappears and the app closes itself out with the msg "app keeps closing". I uninstalled and reinstalled again, nothing is fixed.
    I keep trying too. Not as much as before, but I'm still reinstalling at least 4 times a day. 
    Bibbs said:
    Wow. That's amazing. They have brought incompetence to a whole new level. I was just reading the reviews on Google play store. There are a ton more people having this problem than just us.
    Oh yeah there are. There are 3 in my club counting myself.  Not large of course, but that's a decent percentage really.  I'm assuming all y'all are like me and play like it's a drug. Lol. More casual players probably drop it.