Banned during CVC

gus030gus030 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
i was recently playing cvc, won the potw box then was suddenly banned this morning 

now the customer service will not tell me what I did to get banned, I don’t use any third party software, never reset my account or device.  I am completely clueless on what I did wrong.

the only things which have been happening recently for me is: have a franchise player that hasn’t left my roster for 1 game after I login.  This seems to be a glitch with the game and not my fault.

anorher thing I have done lately is I watch the ads for 30% batting boost and 200x starting multiplier twice in 1 hour to get these boosts two times during the cvc.  

If any any of these things were not allowed I certainly had no idea as they were offered to me in the game

i am confused and upset as I spent money on the game and haven’t cheated
Prev1

Comments

• gus030gus030 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Reported me for doing what?  Is watching the ads for boosts not allowed?

The account in question has been flagged as having participated in unusual activities in the game and is now restricted in regards to some features of the game and club participation in particular.

While we do not give out details on the detection methods used, this restriction was investigated and determined to be valid. This is a permanent restriction on this account. 

This says it was determined to be valid which is what I am lost about, this is ridiculous 
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @gus030 That's just how the game goes. People like you have been randomly and quietly banned for seemingly no reason, and CS will not provide a reason, which is completely retarded in my opinion. At least let us know what we did wrong in order to not do it again. For all we know, they could just ban random accounts for no reason whatsoever since they don't tell us. 

Hate it for you, but that's how the game is. I had this happen to me last year. Maybe persist CS for several weeks, but I've never heard anyone getting out of a permanent ban. 
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    @gus030 dude I’m sorry, I feel for you because I got banned last year for no reason. almost everything about Glu is just fishy. 
    Wow that’s crazy
    so is watching two videos for two 200x multiple boosts during a 1 hr cvc against the rules?  Am I the only one who does that 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @gus030 First of all, sorry man. If you're innocent and it sounds like you are, you should definitely fight it. I'd contact customer care here on the forums ( https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/mlb-tap-sports-baseball-2019/ ). No guarantees, but I've seen some plenty of positive results with them. As far as the flag being 'valid,' it just means that they believe in their system and not so much that you're actually guilty. For example, last season, I was flagged for scoring over 100 runs in a season mode game. I was flagged and jailed. I was unjailed fairly quickly, but that particular flag didn't get changed until months later. 

@CanadaCubs Contrary to popular belief, being reported will not get you jailed. Last season, I had many cheating allegations thrown my way. Some people would've loved to see me jailed and I'm certain I was reported numerous times. I never once changed my username and even dared people to report me. Heck, I even asked CS to look into my account to make sure everything is on the up and up.

In summary, they have flags. Sometimes, those flags are inadvertently tripped. I know it can be a headache to deal with, but if you're innocent, I'd certainly fight it. Also, fwiw, none of the things you mentioned will get you jailed so it has to be something else.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ISaidYaoISaidYao Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    DFBB said:
     Also, fwiw, none of the things you mentioned will get you jailed so it has to be something else.
    None of them "will" get you jailed, or "should" get you jailed? I was just recently jailed for "unusual activity resulting in high credits acquired", but it's on a fairly fresh account: team strength 23k, couple hundred gold, scraping by on xp and cash. So sometimes even what they claim you did is demonstrably false but the system flags you someway somehow. I'm currently trying to fight my case and it's looking like there is no way out if they decide to point their finger your way randomly :(
  • andujar41andujar41 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    Dude I got banned too. "Flagged as a cheater for suspicious activity." That's all they would tell me- wouldn't tell me exactly what I allegedly did. The only thing i can think of is that i watch videos for gold and reset my advertising ID to view more videos. Been doing it for months without a problem.  There's a video on YouTube this kid made that says "watch unlimited videos for gold." The kid who made it said he has been doing it for YEARS- And this kid had like 20,000 gold and had never spent a dollar on the game. Furthermore,  GLU never posted anything in the game saying that resetting your ad ID could get you in trouble.  In fact, I have seen posts on here of screenshots from CS TELLING people to reset their ad ID!

I'm not even sure that this is the reason I was banned, but it's the only thing I can think of. Also, I find it very suspicious that all these people are getting banned 2 days after the debacle with that extra innings mode. I got jailed that night. I woke up the next morning and was no longer jailed. I played 2 rounds of that extra innings game just to see what it was like, I went to the store, and when I got home I was jailed again. I posted a screenshot of my interaction with "Raj" from customer service in a different thread on here about a guy getting banned for no reason. This game is really cool. I even completely stopped playing my PS4 when I discovered TSB. But this random jailing for no reason with no explanation is bullshit.  And if they are gonna ban people for resetting their ad ID, then more than half the people on the game should be gone, because I know I wasn't the only one doing it.

And one more thing. If people were actually cheating, got banned and they WERE guilty, do you think we would waste our time writing in to customer service and making long posts on the forum swearing we didn't do anything wrong? I certainly wouldn't. I would just say "oh well, they got me" and just move on. It just really blows when you've done nothing wrong and they basically call you a liar and say "There's nothing we can do. That's not good enough for me. What a waste of 3 months time building my team up to 100K. And if it IS because of resetting the ad ID, they should've shut me down a LONG time ago- not just allow it for months and then suddenly ban me once my team reaches 100K. Glu should really do something to remedy this. Lots of us are all of a sudden banned when we've done nothing different than we had been doing from the start!
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    andujar41 said:
    If people were actually cheating, got banned and they WERE guilty, do you think we would waste our time writing in to customer service 
    Yes, some of the biggest cheaters are also some of the biggest spenders. That's a huge issue, and it seems like GLU doesn't always know which way to go in that regard. Hopefully they can figure things out for all you inmates soon. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    ISaidYao said:
    DFBB said:
     Also, fwiw, none of the things you mentioned will get you jailed so it has to be something else.
    None of them "will" get you jailed, or "should" get you jailed? I was just recently jailed for "unusual activity resulting in high credits acquired", but it's on a fairly fresh account: team strength 23k, couple hundred gold, scraping by on xp and cash. So sometimes even what they claim you did is demonstrably false but the system flags you someway somehow. I'm currently trying to fight my case and it's looking like there is no way out if they decide to point their finger your way randomly :(
    None of the things OP mentioned will get you jailed. I'm certain of that.
    They have flags in place. Those flags will work as designed most of the time, but clean accounts will inevitably get flagged as well. Case in point, I recently had a club holder of mine jailed. It had access to a diamond club for CvC rewards and with a little bit of luck, it was able to pull and cap several prime players in a span of a few days(silver team). It got jailed that Monday morning. If it was a team that I cared about, I would've been furious. Instead, I was just super annoyed. In the end, I didn't request that the account get unjailed. However, I explained in detail how that account accrued it's resources. I just wanted them to know that their flags are not always accurate. 
    This may sound silly, but I'm glad that my club holder got jailed. First off, it's my wife's phone and I shouldn't be on it any more than necessary. More importantly, I personally experienced a clean account get jailed. If given the opportunity, it's something I plan on addressing at the VIP council; that their flags needs to be tweaked. And even more importantly, that they should consider putting more resources towards addressing such flags. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    @gus030 That's just how the game goes. People like you have been randomly and quietly banned for seemingly no reason, and CS will not provide a reason, which is completely retarded in my opinion. At least let us know what we did wrong in order to not do it again. For all we know, they could just ban random accounts for no reason whatsoever since they don't tell us. 

Hate it for you, but that's how the game is. I had this happen to me last year. Maybe persist CS for several weeks, but I've never heard anyone getting out of a permanent ban. 

Yeah, last year this happened to me.  I eventually got them to review the decision to ban me, which I was somewhat optimistic about...but then they just said they confirmed my ban and I was out of luck.

It absolutely sucks but there is no recourse. 

DFBB said: More importantly, I personally experienced a clean account get jailed. If given the opportunity, it's something I plan on addressing at the VIP council; that their flags needs to be tweaked. And even more importantly, that they should consider putting more resources towards addressing such flags. 
    It would be GREATLY appreciated if somebody like yourself with experience of a clean account being banned and VIP status would voice your concerns to them. My words are completely meaningless to them. The problem is they rely on that same system that flags you to determine whether or not the claim is valid. A person manually reviewing my account logs could see that no unusual activities ever took place, nor did I ever accrue a high amount of credits. I've was struggling at getting my guys to bronze 10 when I got jailed!

@andujar41 said, there is no chance I'd waste this much time and energy defending my case if I felt I had broken any rules. I read through the terms and conditions again last night, carefully, looking for ANYTHING that may have triggered a ban. I haven't broken any rules and kept to myself on that account. I wasn't playing abnormally high amounts of games and didn't even watch enough ads to reach my limit. Nothing was out of the ordinary, yet I was falsely-flagged. I didn't reset IDs, nothing. I just want to play the game as intended and I'm being punished by a bot that has faulty parameters for flagging. It's very frustrating. In the meantime, I've told all my club members who have purchased $99 club bundles in the past to be very careful and weigh the risks of losing their entire account. Unless customer care decides to handle these cases justly, I wouldn't recommend anybody I care about to spend money on the app. It's entirely too risky with the way they implement bans.
    edited July 2019
    edit--tried to tag forum admin/mod, could've sworn blueleopard was one?

Is this something I could possibly get your assistance with? I've submitted a support ticket but continue getting the generic response about being flagged and "we cannot disclose info regarding your ban". I'm losing faith in the game, and the game is losing integrity. I've literally never been banned from a game in my 28 years of living and I am a gamer through-and-through. I don't plan on starting now.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @ISaidYao Blueleopard doesn't do shit on these forums except spoil our fun. I would know.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Someone should make an "Airing of grievances regarding ban policies" thread. Seems like there's plenty to say on the topic. 
    @BlackFang4
    Lol ah, okay then. Idk. Just feel like I'm running out of resources but I'd hate to stop fighting a case where I'm not guilty. If Glu cared about Glu, it would take better care of these incidents. The ceiling for growth starts to collapse every time these cases happen. All of my friends I got to download the game? They will know about this and be discouraged to continue. All of my friends I would have gotten to play in the future? Not gonna happen if I'm banned. As a company, this business model will eventually lead to Tapsports 2022; 50 clubs full of VIPs and their alt accounts. If pay-to-win doesn't drive them away, innocent bans most definitely will. I love the game, I just want to be able to play it.
    Blue leopard has spaces in his name, which I assume are to prevent tagging.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @blueleopard no he doesn't, I tagged him  yesterday and I will tag him again until he makes an appearance to address the concerns we present. I really hope hes a volunteer and not a paid employee because he does absolutely nothing on these forums. Hell,  @retirepujols does more then him. (friendly jab).
    More stupid  stickers added to an already unsustainable app to make it even worse on performance. Geez,  even Juanny  posted about it on Facebook last night. His phone is lagging like crazy and he runs the highest download speed I have ever seen, YES I SAW THE VIDEO.   One of the nicest TSB players I have ever met and he reporting the same issues we are. Wake up GLU,  while  your at it hire a new  moderator or a spokesperson for the people.  Bring back @Glu_TapSports_Bot for all I care, at-least he tried to help.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    For a game and company with so much potential, they have really been dropping the ball on customer service and public relations. 

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    @retirepujols can get you unbanned then....LOL
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

I got to thinking about getting banned...I got thrown out of a strip club once, is that like a ban?

@matt_sackett indeed. Unfortunately, nobody believes me when I explain I can have them unjailed in exchange for a gift. It's like they don't even care 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Tilted99Tilted99 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    Submit an email to them, I have an am waiting for updates. 
    @matt_sackett it's similar, but strippers and the cocaine that goes along with it is much cheaper than tapsports. Also, @retirepujols what kinda gift we talkin here?  ;)  Monster Energy Drinks are buy 2 get 1 free down the road from me, you can have ALL THREE.
    Tilted99 said:
    My response was the same generic response with the additional line of it being a permanent restriction. I fully intend to continue the correspondence until my issue is resolved and my account logs are reviewed by an actual human being, rather than their "system".
  • Tilted99Tilted99 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    ISaidYao said:
    Tilted99 said:
    My response was the same generic response with the additional line of it being a permanent restriction. I fully intend to continue the correspondence until my issue is resolved and my account logs are reviewed by an actual human being, rather than their "system".
    Keep trying man! I'm not going to stop until I get mine un jailed. I had a 100k team with 54k gold jailed...
    to wit..Banning at a strip club and UN-Jailed are too Waaaaaaay different things as well.

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Just bring back @Glu_TapSports_Bot   So much more helpful than the leopard guy, who had 18 disagrees on one post.  Has to be some kind of record.
    Just no.